meat is offline Associate Member

post cycle creatine loading

has any one done creatine loading 1 - 2 weeks after coming off a cycle to help maintain gains ? if so, did it help what was your dosing? just read about this 5 minutes ago ....got me curious

Dimes is offline Senior Member
    I hear it should be done after cycle, creatine helps reatain some water so you do not loose your gains, off cycle I recomend you always take creatine, its always done wonders for me, good luck.

Slamtime is offline New Member

I fail to understand how people have this ridiculous idea that creatine significantly helps build muscle(much less, help to "keep gains" following a cycle of gear) that is worth the price tag, especially when "loading". I can tell you that most of this misinformation comes from those crap bodybuilding magazines that are peddling all of those "creatine" product ads. Imo, its a load of bollocks!

To my knowledge, creatine doesn't have any effect on protein receptors nor does it make your muscles "grow" any faster. The only thing that it does is increase water retention in the muscles by maybe 5-10%. So you're able to lift more weight with the added water. Regardless of what some might argue, that added weight isn't damaging more muscle fibers(which is what promotes the body to respond with growing more muscle). If anything, being able to lift that small amount of extra weight with the water is just unecessarily putting more stress on ligaments and tendons.

I personally have experimented with creatine and haven't noticed any difference in gains. When the water goes, I'm basically back to where I would be had I not used the creatine. In other words, I would've made the same gains without the stuff.

PCT & Creatine. This is mostly psychological, honest! With proper PCT, most of your strength loss is going to be due to the loss of water retention in the muscles and NOT from a loss of muscle mass. I don't see how adding a little bit of water retention to the PCT equation is going to help at all since it has no bearing on aiding the recovery of natural testosterone production.

Imo, I think you guys are just throwing money away for "false strength", but that's just my opinion.

Jay Man is offline Associate Member
    Slamtime, of course there is a psychological boost to taking creatine during PCT! Tell me something I don't know. But isn't that half the battle during PCT? I feel that creatine gives you just enough of a boost to justify taking it, especially during PCT. I don't know where you're buying it but creatine is not expensive.

I take Satur8 Creatine Cocktail during PCT and love the extra boost it gives me during my workouts. My muscles remain hard and the pump is nice. My mental outlook remains positive so I still look forward to lifting as well. Too bad you're not seeing any results taking creatine, maybe you're just not training hard enough?

dynamike is offline Associate Member
    Satur8 Creatine Cocktail?...can you give a breakdown of that?..amounts when etc..could be helpful..any edge is an edge post cycle

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    bump for this thread i would like to know more as well

meat is offline Associate Member
    good info bros , i think im going to try loading during pct and cycle with creatine until my late winter cycle well see what happens....so much information so little time ....i wish there were 25 hours in a day //:=) <--- look its hitler... ok,ok bad joke.

seanw is offline Banned
    can some one post a link to a thread that talks about loading and what amounts to take ? I dont want to hijack this thread. PM me if you want

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Steroids up the turnover of creatine monohydrate to creatine phosphate. Creatine holds water in the muscle the more water the muscle holds the more anabolic the muscle becomes due to higher ATP, glycogen and CP stores. Also more nutrient rich blood passes through the muscle when on creatine plus creatine increases satellite call proliferation at the damaged muscle post training which all equals better recovery. Not the mention the gains in strength! People who hate on creatine are usually "non-responders".

Jay Man is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamike
    Satur8 Creatine Cocktail?...can you give a breakdown of that?..amounts when etc..could be helpful..any edge is an edge post cycle
    Satur8 is a brand name of creatine made by ISS. You can pretty much buy it anywhere. Try GNC. Satur8 is not only DiCreatine Malate but a mix of Arginine, L-Taurine, Endurlac, Betapure and Glycovol. It's flavored and mixes well in water. You take it twice a day. I do it in the AM and before I train in the PM. One tub runs about $30.00US and lasts a month.

hardgainer1 is offline Senior Member
    Im just starting my Clomids after a 12 week cycle. 2 weeks ago I began taking Twinlabs Andro Nitrate fuel which has tribulus AND No2 in it, ontop of that i as going to add Creatine this week, I have never done this before and it is after my first cycle, I hope to keep the 15 lbs I have left from my 22 lb gain,

hardgainer1 is offline Senior Member
    bump

larry3436 is offline Associate Member
    ive used creatine a few times....never gained a lb. But maybe i was doing somthing wrong? I heard there are certain foods and drinks to stay away from whjile running it?

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    I used the creatine caplules for a while and didn't really see any difference. I started with a loading dose of 25 per day for 3 days then 3 a day. I done this for 5 months.

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemical King
    I used the creatine caplules for a while and didn't really see any difference. I started with a loading dose of 25 per day for 3 days then 3 a day. I done this for 5 months.
    Creatine caps? Thats a rip off IMO powder only! Here is how i use it 20g ed 10g with Protein powder and simple sugars with 30 min before first solid meal. 10g with P.W.O shake for 5 days that's my loading phase at the end of the 5 days i'm up 10-12 lbs............10g ed to maintain muscle saturation. Easyyy!!

Thread Information