Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET

Freaks Of Nature Or Not!!

GOT this pic over on the Olympia site.for me it proves that some, not all of these guys are not born big.as you can see Kevin Levrone looks like your average joe here.you would never have guessed he has competed in the Olympia.i'm sure he did his proper PCT before coming off(i am assuming he is clean now,i hope he is and not sick)
    make of it what you want,i just found it to be extremely interesting to see.for me it is just proof postive of the heavy year long cycles these guys do to get to that size and mantain it.and even with all the GH he has probably done.he still lost most of it....makes you think
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Freaks Of Nature Or Not!!-kevin.jpg  

Aboot is offline Banned
    But he has intentionally slimmed down to pursue acting opportunities, i.e. not training and dieting to LOSE muscle.

I'm not trying to minimize the drug aspect of pro bodybuilding, but your genes do have A LOT to do with it.

bluestrm is offline Associate Member
    ****! Looks like he is smoking rock now days!

oh I definately agree you do need some sort of favorable genes..but acting career or not. dont think he needs to be that small.i would think the size would be a plus in hollywood.it sure didnt hurt Arnold

I agree with what you said in the first post about the monstrous doses to keep the size. And although genetics plays a big role in this, chemical enhancement plays almost an equal amount. L.Rea is a living testament of that. He was like a pathetic 135lbs as a full grown adult.

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    It's all about muscle memory and genetics, put him back in the gym with a little juice and watch him blow to fack up in a few weeks.

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    wow he has lost some serius mass he looks as if he has never touched a barbell

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    I didnt even recognize him. I think his face looks sickly thin now. It doesnt look like Kevin at all. I wonder how much weight he lost in such a short time period because it does make you wonder if he may actually be sick.

You should see flex!

Alexander the Graet is offline Associate Member
    wow! I was 135 when I started working out at 21 I went naturally to 172 to 178 and stayed there for almost 3 years at age 30! I did my first cycle at 31 am in my third right now 196 12%bf 5"9 and I want to be only between 200 and 210 no more! I really dont want to lose that much after I stop this jucing game! I just want to maintain at where I am! never had dreams of being a PRO but Levrone sure looks like 190 in that pic!

The muscle is there he just does not train it! AAS and heavy ass, intense training increse the number of nuclei in the muscle cells so if he was to start training add some anabolics and hi-protein and most of his mass would come back pretty quickly.

wildman536 is offline Junior Member
    that is truly amazing.

bigacct is offline Junior Member
    I can't believe that's Levrone! He says he is pursuing an acting career? How many actors do you see starting out in the mid-thirties? Wasn't he in a band a few years ago? This guy is all over the place. I wish him luck.

Iowa is offline Banned
    I posted this in another thread, but Levrone always weighs the most the day of a show. He diets up while most others diet down. I read it in a FLEX article a while back. In the article, Levrone said "Franco Columbo used to do it and he was Mr. Olympia." Keep in mind this issue was about 6 months before the Olympia and the writer of the article said "Kevin Levrone came into the FLEX office looking like he weighed all of 200lbs." He ended up finishing 3rd that year at the O....

EDIT: BUT, I bet this is the smallest he's been in about 10 years
    Last edited by Iowa; 11-01-2004 at 11:28 AM.

Yeah i remember that!

Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g
    The muscle is there he just does not train it! AAS and heavy ass, intense training increse the number of nuclei in the muscle cells so if he was to start training add some anabolics and hi-protein and most of his mass would come back pretty quickly.
    Yeah, but people with great genetics would never be that small even if they never lifted a weight in their lives. So, I believe it is a matter of how you respond to the drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by catabolic kid
    Yeah, but people with great genetics would never be that small even if they never lifted a weight in their lives. So, I believe it is a matter of how you respond to the drugs.
    Yeah and people with great genetics respond to drugs very well. Looking back at that pic he does look sick.

Gilster is offline Member
    Muscle memory is not a myth. If the man tries he will get big again. Nothing wrong with giving your body a break.

bmwrob is offline Member
    I also remember reading a long time back that he actually does not work out when not doing a show. The article also said that he goes up something like 45-60lbs when getting in shape for a show. If he does do it that way then he will probably live alot longer than Ronnie and Jay.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilster
    Muscle memory is not a myth. If the man tries he will get big again. Nothing wrong with giving your body a break.
    true...nothing wrong with taking a break,so much for GH giving permenent results though.looks like ALOT of wasted $$ there bro

GrantC5 is offline Associate Member
    I have a genetic backround similar to what your talking about. I can go from 180 - 210 or back in a short period of time just from increasing clean calories or decreasing calories. I gain muscle and not a lot more fat percentage even though it does come up a little it is not really that noticable. My only problem is when I am heavy it is hard to breath and its hard on my knees. Muscle weight is heavy as hell I can hear china rattle in the cabinet when I am 210. This is the first year I have tried gear (prescription) and even a few months after I still have the muscle and the same weight with a very low BF %.

My dad is 57 and works out about 3 times a week he is 5'9 , 185 lbs with 11% bodyfat and never touched gear in his life. Hopefully my son will get some of my fathers and my genetics.

the thing is tho, i bet if he took off his shirt he is still ripped to pieces. i bet hes not as small looking as some ppl portray him to be. remember he is a bodybuilder, he still has limits so i know he wont let himself get too overboard with what hes doing. He probably is build more or less like a fitness model would be. those guys are monstrous but they have great definition and vascularity.

as79 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVLDOG
    GOT this pic over on the Olympia site.for me it proves that some, not all of these guys are not born big.as you can see Kevin Levrone looks like your average joe here.you would never have guessed he has competed in the Olympia.i'm sure he did his proper PCT before coming off(i am assuming he is clean now,i hope he is and not sick)
    make of it what you want,i just found it to be extremely interesting to see.for me it is just proof postive of the heavy year long cycles these guys do to get to that size and mantain it.and even with all the GH he has probably done.he still lost most of it....makes you think
    The guy in the picture looks pi$$ed thinking he was gonna meet Kevin Levrone who was Mr. O competitor 2 years ago - he must be thinking "this can't be Kevin Levrone?"

I can't believe how small he looks considering he's been a pro for years - even if he didn't train for a year he shouldn't shrink that much - he MUST be sick!

billy_ba is offline Associate Member
    it reminds me of dwayne "the rock" johnson. Last year he lost like 60 lbs out of nowhere and his face went from being puffy to being all "skinny" looking.

ya but hes cut up now, not puffy looking like he used to be. must of stopped on the deca

Quote Originally Posted by billy_ba
    it reminds me of dwayne "the rock" johnson. Last year he lost like 60 lbs out of nowhere and his face went from being puffy to being all "skinny" looking.
    but the Rock is still a big boy,he just leaned out

hell ya he is, hes 6'2'' and now weighs like 230, not 268 or something. he looks good now that hes all cut up and with those tribal tats hes sportin. im jealous cuz i wish i could have his body type

billy_ba is offline Associate Member
    here's a pic of kevin in 91
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Freaks Of Nature Or Not!!-flex0104.jpg  

MONSTER TO MICROMAN!!! either way i bet hes still decent sized and really cut up as well

Quote Originally Posted by PlasticFuture112
    MONSTER TO MICROMAN!!! either way i bet hes still decent sized and really cut up as well
    CUT...PROBABLY SO....DECENT SIZE...IT DOESNT LOOK SO

Cuttup is offline Senior Member
    yes,.he definately loss weight on purpose. I know after his tricep injury, he has been as big either. I agree,..there is nothing wrong with giveing your body a break. oh, and ugh,.if he where to take off that shirt,..hed still look freaky,..believe me,..the man is packing underneath that top.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    He doesnt even look like he trains there. But ye I agree if he took of his top we would all still probably go WOW.

I just wanted to comment about that remark about the male models or whatever being monstrous...Those dudes are not big! If you think they are big, you seriously need to look at your nutritional intake! Their abs are usually sticking out further than their chest. And their arms are usually the same size from wrist to shoulder!

AustrianOAK14 is offline Senior Member
    levrone had a great physique, and steroids play a HUGE role in body mass and looking great, without em you dont look as big, but thats what happens when you come off you get depressed and feel and look weak i hate that ****

GrantC5 is offline Associate Member
    That pic in the Flex magazine is insane. I bet he feels a lot better being skinny than he did in that Flex pic. Some people will disagree but it is a lot easier to be lighter than it is to be heavier, at least it is for me. It is comical to see guys at the gym eat like horses and get bigger but increase their fat by 20%. And then you hear them complaining that their stomach is bothering them and their knees hurt. When I say gain weight I mean guys that gain 30-40 lbs that used to be 170 and 180. How many people on here weigh over 230 lbs??? that have less than 10% bodyfat?

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Here's some recent pics of Kevin at his new weight. I got this over from MM, Apparently, he's trying to get into Acting.

He looks good now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Freaks Of Nature Or Not!!-kev.jpg   Freaks Of Nature Or Not!!-kiven.jpg  
    Last edited by RoNNy THe BuLL; 11-02-2004 at 10:41 AM.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    This guy is still an animal.

Quote Originally Posted by GrantC5
    That pic in the Flex magazine is insane. I bet he feels a lot better being skinny than he did in that Flex pic. Some people will disagree but it is a lot easier to be lighter than it is to be heavier, at least it is for me. It is comical to see guys at the gym eat like horses and get bigger but increase their fat by 20%. And then you hear them complaining that their stomach is bothering them and their knees hurt. When I say gain weight I mean guys that gain 30-40 lbs that used to be 170 and 180. How many people on here weigh over 230 lbs??? that have less than 10% bodyfat?
    I'm right at 232 and about 12% bf right now. My weight can fluctuate really easy depending on my diet. I feel fine. I eat anywhere from 7-9 times a day. It's not big ass meals that make me feel bloated. Usually the guys that complain are the ones doing absolutely no cardio.
    It's only easier to be lighter because weighing under 200lbs, you don't have to eat much if you are satisfied being light!

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PlasticFuture112
    the thing is tho, i bet if he took off his shirt he is still ripped to pieces. i bet hes not as small looking as some ppl portray him to be. remember he is a bodybuilder, he still has limits so i know he wont let himself get too overboard with what hes doing. He probably is build more or less like a fitness model would be. those guys are monstrous but they have great definition and vascularity.
    I totally agree but he is much smaller than a training tape that I have him & Shawn Ray, Vince Taylor & Flex Wheeler. He used more heavier weights than now I believe. As one developes mature muscle mass like that you find out you do not need the amount of weights that was onced used. Also his height may have something to do with the Illusion and there is some truth too being too big in Hollywood. Not many parts being Hulk..

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoNNy THe BuLL
    Here's some recent pics of Kevin at his new weight. I got this over from MM, Apparently, he's trying to get into Acting.

He looks good now.
    badass look!! hes still bigger than most of us!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information