RuthlessVengeance is offline New Member

Injection site problems!

This is my third cycle, and I love delt shots and now I have a problem and not sure of the reason. I took my first injections and frontloaded 2cc of EQ in one arm and 2cc of test in the other, I have done many 3cc shots in the delts with no problem in the past. The normal soreness set in around 8 hours later but when I woke up the next day it felt like someone hit me with a f***ing baseball bat. My arm was alittle swollen, firm around injection site, hot to touch, and could not use arm much cause of pain. Day three was even worse with much swelling and it had moved all the way down to my elbow, still hot to touch, site very firm, and pain so bad could not use my arm, still I kept moving it to keep it loose, and have been using heating pad off and on, skin is very red. I thought it might be an allergic reaction to the EQ but seeing that it was injected would it not spread throughout the body, and then I thought maybe with the combination of scar tissue and the injection being alittle too fast would have caused this problem... sterility was not an issue, inject time was 2cc around 8-12 seconds, inject time was same in other arm with no problems it is the fourth day and mobility is alot better, still firm at site, and still some swelling and redness... just wanted to see if any bros here had some info or had same problems.....
    Last edited by RuthlessVengeance; 11-01-2004 at 11:45 AM.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    yeah I've had that problem. If you get a fever I'd go to the doc because it may be infected, otherwise just tough it out.

GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessVengeance
    This is my third cycle, and I love delt shots and now I have a problem and not sure of the reason. I took my first injections and frontloaded 2cc of EQ in one arm and 2cc of test in the other, I have done many 3cc shots in the delts with no problem in the past. The normal soreness set in around 8 hours later but when I woke up the next day it felt like someone hit me with a f***ing baseball bat. My arm was alittle swollen, firm around injection site, hot to touch, and could not use arm much cause of pain. Day three was even worse with much swelling and it had moved all the way down to my elbow, still hot to touch, site very firm, and pain so bad could not use my arm, still I kept moving it to keep it loose, and have been using heating pad off and on, skin is very red. I thought it might be an allergic reaction to the EQ but seeing that it was injected would it not spread throughout the body, and then I thought maybe with the combination of scar tissue and the injection being alittle too fast would have caused this problem... sterility was not an issue, inject time was 2cc around 8-12 seconds, inject time was same in other arm with no problems it is the fourth day and mobility is alot better, still firm at site, and still some swelling and redness... just wanted to see if any bros here had some info or had same problems.....

Bro i had the same problem in my right delt a few weeks ago. Went to the doc and i was told i have a mild case of cellulitis (infection) not sure how it was clean. But they perscribed me some Cefadroxil and it went away in a couple of days. Put some ice on it for a little while to get some of the swelling down bro.

Do you wake up in the middle of the night sweating

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    well you can never be completely clean or sterile. So there is always a chance for infection, it's just that the precautions we take decrease the chances of one.

Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    well you can never be completely clean or sterile. So there is always a chance for infection, it's just that the precautions we take decrease the chances of one.

True. I am really clean an I got infected.. It sucks.. We just have to deal with it and move on to the next... LOL

No I dont get night sweats, the injection site is pretty firm still and I figured that would have gone down by now...

Mine was like a rock about a 3" circle just by the injection site.. How long has it been. I waited a while before i went to the doc. There is a doc at work that is the only reason i went. It was so easy and free...

This is the fourth day

as79 is offline Junior Member
    8-12 seconds to inject 2 cc's seems a bit fast to me?????????

yeah thought so myself, will not do that again, will try to go 60sec....

detroit is offline Banned
    Try injecting a little slower. I had my leg swell up before, hurt for about a week, then all was good.

Just took my mon. shot and this time took 70 seconds....

Bernmeister is offline New Member
    I had a terrible reaction with cellulitis and had to get keflex to make it go away. I used a 20 guage pin the first time, and a 22 the next time. I am thinking about going to a 25 guage to make it go in slower. It takes about 30 seconds or so, but I have a friend do it. It seems like an eternity, but itchy swollen ass for a week is really an eternity! Did your recent shot go better since you took 70 seconds? Ever used a filter?

Thread Information