Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator

Anavar and Hairloss

Anyone ever had any hairloss from anavar ?

I feel like I have...maybe it was natural hairloss or the test prop...but I would think the proscar should have helped protect against DHT conversion from the test.

GrantC5 is offline Associate Member
    BUMP" I am curious about this also.

I would not think it causes hairloss because it does not convert to DHT from what I read. Here is some info:

Oxandrolone is very low in androgen and it's primarily used in conjunction with other steroids . This is a very safe anabolic steroid that promote protein anabolism. This drug is very popular amongst the women's bodybuilding circuit as well as the women's fitness circuit. This steroid is very mild and is non-androgenic . This means it will literally not aromatize under most normal conditions (much like primabolon). This drug is most commonly know for its ability of promoting a lean and hard look; unlike most steroids that aromatize easily and create a smooth bloated look, Oxandrolone will not. Oxandrolone does not suppress testosterone production so its good for tapering and you will not have to use HCG or Clomid after a cycle. People usually use this drug in a cutting cycle. Dose 20-80 mg per day for men and 10-20 mg for women.

Oxandrolone does not aromatize or convert to DHT, and has a longer half life than Dianabol - 8 hours vs. 4 hours. Thus, a moderate dose taken in the morning is largely out of the system by night, yet supplies reasonable levels of androgen during the day and early evening.

Oxandrolone shares the liver toxicity problems common to 17-alkylated steroids. At one time it was thought that it did not, but both clinical and practical experience with Oxandrin has shown that at doses of 40 mg/day and higher, liver toxicity is indeed an issue with prolonged use.
    For athletes, it is a mild anabolic which usually exhibits more strength than muscle mass increases and very little water retention. Possibly one of the most desirable characteristics of it is that is does not aromatize at any dosage.
    Another attribute that Oxandrolone has is that, unlike most steroidal substance, it does not suppress the bodies natural production of testosterone. A common dosage of Oxandrolone is around 25mg daily. It is commonly stacked with other steroids due to its low rate of side effects.

Possibly the most popular stack using Oxandrolone is 50mg Winstrol every two days, 50mg Testosterone Propionate every two days, and 25mg Oxandrolone every day. There is currently no injectable form of Oxandrolone.

Bonavar comes in tablet form only (2,5mg per tablet). It is not used for mass. It used for strength gains and muscle hardness. It is low in androgens and doesn't produce water retention.This drug considered to be very safe. Bonavar is widely used by powerlifters, and many women like to use it because of its chemical structure, Bonavar wont aromatize.
    Oxandrolone is generally regarded as the safest by both the medical community and the athletes. Anavar `s prominent affect is that of strength increases. It is very popular among women athletes because it is very low in androgens, and does not elect the degree of virilization that most others do. Even though the steroid is a 17-alpha alkylated the drug is extremely safe. It does not convert to Estrogen. Dosages 80 mg. daily for 30 days, followed by 40 mg for 60 days. The drug is actually shown to improve liver function in test groups. This drug is higly recomended for people with impared immune systems. Usually it is used as pre contest drug in combination with Primobolan depot, Winstrol and Deca Durabolin .

Always read that it doesn't convert to DHT...but now I'm curious if anyone else possibly had hairloss.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I have never had any issues with hair loss while running var @ 30mg/day or 50mg/day. Winny on the other hand makes my head shed like a dog.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

sore24/7 is offline Associate Member
    It is a derivitive of DHT so if you are predisposed it has enough androgenic capacity to jumpstart some hairloss. It is already 5 alpha reduced so finasteride will have no positive effect with anavar .

Quote Originally Posted by sore24/7
    It is a derivitive of DHT so if you are predisposed it has enough androgenic capacity to jumpstart some hairloss. It is already 5 alpha reduced so finasteride will have no positive effect with anavar.
    Can you back this statement up?

sore24/7 is offline Associate Member
    I can only give the obvious facts. Finasteride prevents the enzyme alpha 5 reductase from converting test to d.h.t.. If a substance is already reduced it can have no effect. The only substance that works(well) in conjunction with finasteride is test. . We have discussed this on the site on numerous occasions. Winstrol is a more powerful culprit that finasteride is rendered useless with, in terms of hairloss, because it is also a already reduced substance. Var seems to be less androgenic but if your predisposed even var can speed hairloss up especially if it is happening without the addition of aas.

Where are you getting this information I would like to read into it further since everything I have read says Anavar has no risk of promoting hairloss since it is not converted into DHT, Winstrol on the other hand is a derivitive of DHT not Anavar. I will search and see if I can find any information on this. Thanks for the info.

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Anavar is a DHT derivative, just like Winstrol . However it does not seem to have a pronounced androgenic affect in the skin or the hariline. I doubt you've lost hair due to Anavar.

Could you just be experiencing shedding after a hormonal fluctuation?

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC78
    Anavar is a DHT derivative, just like Winstrol . However it does not seem to have a pronounced androgenic affect in the skin or the hariline. I doubt you've lost hair due to Anavar.

Could you just be experiencing shedding after a hormonal fluctuation?

Yep I think you hit the nail on the head.

My last var cycle I lost a bit of hair towards the beginning (within the first 3 weeks) then it stopped. But as stated above Var is a DHT derivative. It might just be from hormonal fluctuation because mine stopped shortly after it started and I didn't lose anymore hair.

I have read some more and my apologies I did read it is a derivitive. But most of the stuff I've read says it is not hard on the hairline and skin like some other members have said. I know winny is from first hand exp. my god that stuff is horrible on the hair it falls out in patches. Looks real good if your head isnt shaved. lol

Duke of Earl is offline Senior Member
    Finasteride (5mg) will only stop around 70% of test -> DHT conversion so overall you still may have slightly higher than normal (ie when clean) DHT level
    Dutasteride (0.5mg) will inhibit around 90% of test -> DHT conversion

I'm prone to MPB & I've never had any hairloss from 50mg Var ( & I've done a couple of Var only cycles )

It's hard to predict how DHT derivatives will affect your hairline as this group contains the mildest AS on the hairline ( eg Primo, Var EQ etc) & the harshest (winny, tren , proviron etc)

I always thought that var is easy on the hair...still don't know.

I have been reading a ton of stuff from different sites and it is more common to have hairloss from high TES cycles than anything from Var. I want to know before I start the Var because I was shedding hair like a dog from Win last time and I am trying not to go through that again. I have been using Revivagen shampoo and Rogaine the past few weeks and it stopped the shedding and my hair is growing back SLOWLY but full again. I am in my 30's and kept it this long I am not letting it go that easy. But back to your question I dont think you would see a substansial loss of hair from the Var if you did I think your a rare case.

All I can do is judge what happened to me. I think I had hairloss while doing var.

I'm now wondering about Turanabol. I may try that to get around the hairloss.

kubano28 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by duckman
    Finasteride (5mg) will only stop around 70% of test -> DHT conversion so overall you still may have slightly higher than normal (ie when clean) DHT level
    Dutasteride (0.5mg) will inhibit around 90% of test -> DHT conversion

I'm prone to MPB & I've never had any hairloss from 50mg Var ( & I've done a couple of Var only cycles )

It's hard to predict how DHT derivatives will affect your hairline as this group contains the mildest AS on the hairline ( eg Primo, Var EQ etc) & the harshest (winny, tren, proviron etc)

hey bro im currently taking propecia now for about five years and my question is can u take both prpecia (finasteride) and dutasteride at the same time????

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    MBH I have used both Var and currently using OT, I'll keep you posted but so far so good and I have all the worries you have!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigun
    MBH I have used both Var and currently using OT, I'll keep you posted but so far so good and I have all the worries you have!
    OT?

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    BD's Oral Turinabol

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Many people have a normal shed of hair that is more prominent in the fall. I have this issue where I will have hair falling out for 3-4 weeks and things will get thin but it all comes back. I guess there are many hairs that are in the same phase of the growth cycle.

Thread Information