ddoublevision is offline Associate Member

any fina kit over 4g = cloudy??? help

Whenever I homebrew fina with a 2 or 4g kit the final product is prefectally golden but when I use a 6, 8 or 10g kit the final product is dark and cloudy as hell, whats the deal anybody?

Alexander the Graet is offline Associate Member
    do u use only one filter for the whole 10 gm! change the filter every 2 grams!

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander the Graet
    The whatman filter is supposed to be able to clean 10 grams and the liquid can be up to 20 degrees F I change it at 5 grams to be safe with the pellets though

my current project was 8g - should i refilter it? Anybody else have dark, cloudy fina ever?

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member

I used one filter for 8g and it turned out nice and clean.

re filter it.. you don't want that gunk in your ass.

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    Im not an expert or anything with the conversion stuff but it sounds like to me the obvious answer would be to break it down into smaller conversions instead of trying to do the whole wad at once.

Corrct me if im wrong but one filter wouldnt last for 100+ CC's would it???

well, I think it has something to do with mixing the huge amounts of pellets into the tiny amount of "secret solution" they gave me. It actaully still seperated the tren from the binders but maybe it needed more solution or something, I don't really know and am definatly not a chemist? anyways I will try refiltering it?

cj1capp is offline Anabolic Member
    sounds right to me, have had the same problem but just warmed the oil and re filtered

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Anhydro78
    Im not an expert or anything with the conversion stuff but it sounds like to me the obvious answer would be to break it down into smaller conversions instead of trying to do the whole wad at once.

Corrct me if im wrong but one filter wouldnt last for 100+ CC's would it???
    I only get 30cc-40cc through a .45 filter..and that's when I prefilter all of it with a coffee filter....After having a filter housing crack, I guess I'm too paranoid to push the filters very hard... ...

Quote Originally Posted by ddoublevision
    well, I think it has something to do with mixing the huge amounts of pellets into the tiny amount of "secret solution" they gave me. It actaully still seperated the tren from the binders but maybe it needed more solution or something, I don't really know and am definatly not a chemist? anyways I will try refiltering it?

I extracted the tren from the binders before i did my conversion. I was able to use 1 filter for a 8g conversion.

Alexander the Graet is offline Associate Member
    yea a filter can handle maybe 8 to 10 grams but if u can use several filters the product will be clean and clear! I alway do 4 grams at the most, then I filter 2 grams with one filter and then change the filter then re filter the whole 4 grams one more time with one filter! so filter filter filter filter

Whitey is offline Anabolic Member
    yea a filter can handle maybe 8 to 10 grams but if u can use several filters the product will be clean and clear! I alway do 4 grams at the most, then I filter 2 grams with one filter and then change the filter then re filter the whole 4 grams one more time with one filter! so filter filter filter filter
    I was wondering if the whatman pre-filters would be useful here. They're cheap and they can be installed directly on top of the whatman, presumably grabbing larger particles and conserving the whatman. Anyone try this?

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    I would be interested in hearing about this, too... but I suspect that it would be redundant after coffee filter straining.

Whitey is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baron
    I would be interested in hearing about this, too... but I suspect that it would be redundant after coffee filter straining.
    Yeah, I had that same thought. The only thing that makes me wonder, though is that the whatman pre-filters are .45 also. I'll be honest and admit I don't have a clue how they work. Logically, I figured they must remove larger particles, but because of the .45, I just don't know.

Thread Information