Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    markas214 is offline Senior Member

1000 lb leg presses

I've always had strong legs and currently hitting leg presses for 10 reps with 800 lbs fairly easily. I know I can get 900 lbs for 8-10 and likely 6 reps with 1000 lbs but I worry about injury if I go that heavy. I've read of one guy actually breaking a leg pressing 1035. Anyone here do super heavy leg presses? Have you ever had an injury?

O'Natural is offline New Member
    Here Come a Lot of bull Sh*t LOL

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    I talk to some youngens 16 and 17 year olds, and they claim 1000lbs. leg presses to me yet they cant bench over 200lbs. I laugh at them. How much you squat? 800 for 10 I think you could do 1000.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    my dad does 1000 pounds...and ronnie coleman can do over 2000 pounds...you should read his stats is pretty awesome....but right now my top leg press is like 650 for 6 reps.

bigrthanu is offline Associate Member
    Markas214 how many plates are you lifting? at my gym and I dont think every machine is the same im using the leg press and it looks like about a 45 degree angle. I lift 14 plates a side for 8 reps going nice and deep ( knees to chest) A buddy of mine can do 16 though for the same reps. I have seen ronnie coleman on video liftin 25 plates a side for 8 thats insane!

Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    I talk to some youngens 16 and 17 year olds, and they claim 1000lbs. leg presses to me yet they cant bench over 200lbs. I laugh at them. How much you squat? 800 for 10 I think you could do 1000.
    I've been doing reps with 455 for over ten years. My max squat is 605. Funny about the flat bench press. Mine sucks. At 200lbs I can only get 305. I do more on inclines.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Markas..why'd u post this in the steroids forum?
    [just curious]

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Markas..why'd u post this in the steroids forum?
    [just curious]
    Well the gear I'm on now is what's getting me to 1000lbs. Basically I believe my tendons are strong from years of lifting but the steroids are part of the issue because with the increased strength I worry more about injury. I should have explained that in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by markas214
    I've been doing reps with 455 for over ten years.
    That seems excessively long to remain on the same weight, try adding 2 1/2 lbs. on each side, then go for reps again. you will squat 460 for reps by next week.

Im scared of the same thing, with the increase in strength there is definetly an increase in injury

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Nobody can give you an answer, however, the potential for injury will be magnified when using maximal loads!!!!

These guys are all going to tell you about how much they lift. Try raping you legs with tensours. Bring the plates down slow (eg 2-3sec) then push as hard as you can. If you ever getup to somthing like 1700 proper you better be on stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Markas214
    Well the gear I'm on now is what's getting me to 1000lbs. Basically I believe my tendons are strong from years of lifting but the steroids are part of the issue because with the increased strength I worry more about injury. I should have explained that in the first place.
    Sorry about the close-minded non-answer bro...

As to your initial question...I don't believe you have to fear breaking a leg (a bone composition analysis will put that fear at rest) ..but the risk of injury (tendon tear) IS a reality when using supramaximal loads while on AAS.

Monkeytown is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrthanu
    Markas214 how many plates are you lifting? at my gym and I dont think every machine is the same im using the leg press and it looks like about a 45 degree angle. I lift 14 plates a side for 8 reps going nice and deep ( knees to chest) A buddy of mine can do 16 though for the same reps. I have seen ronnie coleman on video liftin 25 plates a side for 8 thats insane!
    Do you realize how much weight that is? 14 plates per side x 45lbs = 1260lbs?

Quote Originally Posted by O'Natural

25 posts..all of an inherent bullshi.tting nature...

Why are you really here?

Gorgoroth_ is offline Associate Member
    The most i've seen anyone leg press was my uncle. He had 12 plates on each side of the leg press ( that being all the leg press could hold ) then he had his brother in law sit on the leg press. I am not sure exactly how much the total weight turned out to be but my uncle's brother in law weighed 210 at the time.

My uncle has broken both of his legs , once getting hit by a car when he was 6 , another time he broke his leg and dislocated his knee in a diving accident. He didn't seem to be in any pain when he did the press despite that fact.

fballhoss51 is offline Senior Member
    5 years ago my friend in 8th grade at 14 years old could leg press 1000, has no knee problems, now hes 19 and squats 540

Quote Originally Posted by fballhoss51
    5 years ago my friend in 8th grade at 14 years old could leg press 1000, has no knee problems, now hes 19 and squats 540
    what is the power lifting champions name?

fballhoss51 is offline Senior Member
    monty gossen, 8th grade he weighed 230, now he weighs 260, a lot of weight comes w/ a lot of strength, he hasnt gotten much stronger tho, freshman year he squatted 500 now he squats 540 sr year, my other friend squatted 280 freshman year now a sr squats 480

imann is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Natural
    quite posting the same thing over and over

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    I mainly do high reps on machines like that. And my weight does get up there, im not gonna mention it though.

You do Box squats or bench squats markas??? Those are great for me..

Jackman is offline Banned
    well i did a 1080 press while on tren last year and i have a bad knee!

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Connective tissues ,ligaments, & tendons strengthen slower than your muscle so fear of injury while on aas is valid. Since you have 10 yrs they are probably strong anyways but too me I would not push it only for saftey reasons not vanity.

nathanw21 is offline Member
    i tried 1000lbs once with a friend last year while on cycle and it hurt. i cant seem to go real deep with more than 8 plates because it hurts where my abs and ribs connect. for me to do heavy leg presses i cant go as deep as i should so i dont do them as much as i should. i just go real heavy on squats. i would be careful with heavy weight because of injury but at the same time you can say that about any lift. just go heavy and be careful.

Kdog@usi is offline Associate Member
    I can't squat over 450, but I have leg pressed 1000 for sets of 6. I don't think there would be as large a risk of injury there than when squating maximum weight. I believe that you should go as heavy as possible as long as you don't sacrifice form of course. I would, however reinforce the idea of not locking out your knees at the top of the movement, which would shift the pressure of the weight from your muscles to your joints.

nathanw21 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdog@usi
    I can't squat over 450, but I have leg pressed 1000 for sets of 6. I don't think there would be as large a risk of injury there than when squating maximum weight. I believe that you should go as heavy as possible as long as you don't sacrifice form of course. I would, however reinforce the idea of not locking out your knees at the top of the movement, which would shift the pressure of the weight from your muscles to your joints.
    use knee wraps if squating maximum weight. i feel way more comfortable do 500 or 600 lb squats with them than without.

Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    Connective tissues ,ligaments, & tendons strengthen slower than your muscle so fear of injury while on aas is valid. Since you have 10 yrs they are probably strong anyways but too me I would not push it only for saftey reasons not vanity.
    Actually I have 25 years+. I'll be 44 in a couple months.

Muscleone is offline Associate Member

Leg Press Injury

I broke my fibula in my left leg doing leg presses with 1020lbs about two years ago. I was lucky when it broke because I had two spotters and they were able to get the weight off of me before it ended up being a compound fracture. The mistake I made was I had my feet planted to low on the platform. I found out this the hard way. By keeping your feet planted higher will take a lot of the stress off of your fibula. I hope this information is helpfull to you.

Quote Originally Posted by markas214
    I've always had strong legs and currently hitting leg presses for 10 reps with 800 lbs fairly easily. I know I can get 900 lbs for 8-10 and likely 6 reps with 1000 lbs but I worry about injury if I go that heavy. I've read of one guy actually breaking a leg pressing 1035. Anyone here do super heavy leg presses? Have you ever had an injury?

Quote Originally Posted by Muscleone
    I broke my fibula in my left leg doing leg presses with 1020lbs about two years ago. I was lucky when it broke because I had two spotters and they were able to get the weight off of me before it ended up being a compound fracture. The mistake I made was I had my feet planted to low on the platform. I found out this the hard way. By keeping your feet planted higher will take a lot of the stress off of your fibula. I hope this information is helpfull to you.
    Yes t5hat's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

slob is offline Member
    im only doing 480 x 8 on leg press

GrantC5 is offline Associate Member
    It seems fairly easy to push in the 800 lb range deep. I agree with Muscleone keep your feet up higher on the platform and you shouldn't have any problems. I have seen some "EXPERTS" go deep with their feet low and blow there knees out and/or snap their ankle. I don't wrap my knees FYI but I am not going as heavy as you are either. It seems like even 20 lbs over 800 gets real heavy for me so I stay around there.

GrantC5 is offline Associate Member
    One more thing your gyms that you guys speak of hold alot more plates on your sleds than mine at Golds. The max is 8 each side and the people that attempt to go heavier pull 100 lb plates to put on. Interesting.............

Markas--

Personally i don't believe in Knee-wraps as they endow the user with a false sense of stability. They actually put the knee at greater risk for injury over the long-term by indirectly weakening the knee region.I say indirectly because their use is a contributing factor in that by reduced use, the stabilising muscles of the knee weaken... thus reducing the Net strength of the area.

GrantC5 & Muscleone--

I agree with you two totally.The low position is a risky one. Not only does it put undue stress on the fibula in the deep stretch position.. but it puts the knee at a biomechanical disadvantage

~Nark

t-rex is offline Associate Member
    I work my way up to 1230lbs for 8 reps on my last set. I do these after squats so my legs are pretty warmed up, and I never use wraps for i also beleive they do more harm than good. I have always had big strong legs it's in my genes. I just wish i could spread the wealth around to other parts of my body.

I know this doesnt belong in this part of the forum nor does it really answer any initial question but have any of you ever done leg presses one leg at a time. I love it and my legs seem to be growing alot by doing them as well. Yes MonkeyTown I do know how much weigh 14 plates a side is I lift it evry week, but lately ive been trying 1 leggers and its my new favorite leg workout followed by squats. Try 7 plates a side with one leg, its a great mass builder and one can focus very hard on the outer sweep, plus you dont need a spotter cause your other leg comes in handy if you get stuck!

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    3 Days Ago I Pressed 20 Plates(10 Each Side)900lbs Plus Whatever The Sled Weighs For 10 Reps(using Knee Wraps) And This Was Done After Heavy Squats..up To 500# For 6...i Dont Think 1000# Presses Are All That Impressive Anymore.if You Can Do It And Still Feel The Muscle Working,then Great.if Not Then You Will Just Get Injured.there Is Too Much Emphisize On Weight And Not Feeling The Muscle Doing The Work.

If You Fail To Complete A Set Because The Weight Got To Heavy And Not Because The Muscle Fatigued Then You Are Using Too Much Weight...just My $.02

I dont understand what you mean "fail to complete a set because the weight got to heavy" Isnt that what you want, to lift heavy weight until the muscle fatigues and cant lift anymore. I guess there are different ways that people train, but the biggest guys that I know and including me lift heavy almost evry week trying to increase weight all the time. Which should shock the muscle into growth, or tear it from the bone!

Cuttup is offline Senior Member
    check out the Ronnie Coleman thread where he does 2400lbs leg presses for 8-10reps

yeah thats definatly humbling ive never seen anyone come close to that, sure has a high pitch voice though, dont know what thats about. Maybe we should all start grunting in a high pitch tone maybe thats his secret!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information