Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dimes

Thread: Tips for newbies scared of the needle. How to overcome the fear!!

Dimes is offline Senior Member

Post Tips for newbies scared of the needle. How to overcome the fear!!

Hey Guys,

I am currently running my 1st cycle, I was one of those guys that feared the injection to death, always have, so it took me a couple of years just to dare try it because of the fear of injections. I got my gf to do the first shot, I was shaking and sweating and nervous as hell, but she did it and I noticed it was not bad and each time I got a shot the fear went down and down and then I finally did it myself and the same thing happened, now it's the easiest thing to do. Anyway, for all those people like me, here are some tips if you think you cant overcome that fear, because if you do roids it is very important to overcome the fear considering how bad an oral roid cycle can be.
    First for the 1st shot find someone else to do it.. a friend a family member, your gf, someone at the gym, it doesnt really matter, before getting over the fear of injecting yourself, you have to first get oer the fear of injecting period. Something I did, was pinch my arm and concentrated on the feeling in my arm and before i knew it the whole process was done....take deep breaths, think of something else and relax or thing of how awesome you will look after the cycle, or how strong you will be, or all the ladies you can get... a shot is worth it for all those things. Remember not to look at the needle , the first time I looked at the needle while she was loading it and big mistake, got me more scared. After a while... the fear will be less, the pain will be less, as this two are reduced you can start taking little steps... look at the needle, see how smoothly it goes in, load it up yourself, etc. When you are no longer afraid of the pain or the injection, then you know you are ready to inject yourself. You can first start practicing on oranges, do alot of research of the exact places you can shoot and what needle you need, the days before you shoot imagine yourself doing this and it will make it much easier, practice with a pen ... just poke yourself ... that will hurt more than the inection... and then the big day , take the injuection, load it up, aim, take a deep breath and shoot, dont think about it.... aim and shoot fast, if you think about it too much, you probably will end up not doing anything, you will be surprised as to how easy it is, how little it hurts and the feeling will be great, because you overcame the fear. Then congratulate yourself and wait till the next shot and repeat. The more you repeat the easier it gets. Alot of people don't have this fears, but some have huge fears, fears they think can not be overcomed and thats for who i write this, just in case there are people as chicken as me, lol. Before injecting do as much research as you can, on what needle to use, the better places to inject, etc. Well, good luck to everyone and I hope this post helps some newbies.
    Ricklove69 likes this.

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    What helped you was you got some Testosterone in ya. LOL That allways helps with the suck it up factor..

lilchef14 is offline Associate Member
    Bump

Lol, the test probably helped

Stumbo is offline Senior Member
    Man, the first time i injected i was so pumped up with adrenaline i didnt feel a thing, probably inejected all 2ccs in about 10 seconds, lol.

Iknow most people dont have any trouble, but for the few that do, this should help a little.

ire
    ire is offline Junior Member
    I am about to do my first cycle and can say that I had needle phobia bad too. However I personally dissagree with having someone else shoot for you. I believe that knowledge is power which is where I get my power to shoot. That coupled with sheer determination to break through barriers. Lifting for five years and tired of the oral/ph bs = sheer dedication to take it to the next level for me.
    Good post though dimes, good info to practice with pen, orange, & etc. My advice is learn first and you will know when you can shoot.

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    lol i was scared to death of needles but i got tired of waiting (since i had all my stuff) so i loaded up... almost passed out while standing there, broke out in a cold sweat, recomposed myself and got up and did it. I like the advice of having someon else did it the first few times, it usually hurts less beause i know when i did my first few on my own i moved the needle around a bunch.. just have your wokrout buddy do gear with you and then you can help each other...

MotoLifter is offline Senior Member
    I dunno about the shoot fast part. Shoving 2 or 3 cc's into a muscle fast hurts like helland it will be sore for alot longer then if you go slow, not to mention you might end up w/ an abcess or somthing. Go slow, do it right.

moush is offline Senior Member
    i think everyone has a lil fear but once u kno ur juicing.....fah get about it! i love pokin myself, each time it gets better and better

My bad, by shoot fast I meant to put the needle in fast, to not think about it too much, i used the wrong word, sorry

So-Solid is offline Junior Member
    its also a good idea if you go slow with the needle too bro.........

Ive always had a phobia of sharps so my first 5/6 shots were absolute hell to get through.i ended up holding an ice-pack to my quad for 5 mins, then doing the shot.By the time i had got the needle all the way in,the numbness would wear off.Problem solved.......never felt a thing.LOL

Flynman is offline Associate Member
    Just stick it and then as loud as you can yell "I LOVE THIS SH*T". That helped me.
    Last edited by Flynman; 11-05-2004 at 07:32 PM.

MotoLifter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flynman
    Just stick it and the as loud as you can yell "I LOVE THIS SH*T". That helped me.

LMAO

psb
    psb is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ire
    I am about to do my first cycle and can say that I had needle phobia bad too. However I personally dissagree with having someone else shoot for you. I believe that knowledge is power which is where I get my power to shoot. That coupled with sheer determination to break through barriers. Lifting for five years and tired of the oral/ph bs = sheer dedication to take it to the next level for me.
    Good post though dimes, good info to practice with pen, orange, & etc. My advice is learn first and you will know when you can shoot.
    yeah i would only consider letting someone else do it if 1) i trusted them with my life and 2) they know exactly what they're doing. i've developed pretty good technique, delts are my fav spot and they're one handers solo.

my first shot took me the longest of course. sat there looking at the needle and looking at my quad just psyching myself up. maybe i'm weird but i kept telling myself, "ok the worst thing that will happen is you will hit a vein and have to change pins and do it again, or you will go through a vein and when you pull out blood will squirt in your eye." that made me realize it really wasnt a big deal, imagining the worst **** that could happen as im pinning myself.

go as slow as the injection needs to go, i always use 25g and sometimes if you press hard it goes too fast. make sure you take your time. after you are done shooting and pull out make sure you massage thoroughly to disperse the oil.

Ultimate is offline Associate Member
    since I've never injected myself yet this is very good info gonna copy and paste here on my computer so I can read up on it when I get all my stuff together.

6plates is offline Banned
    im worrying about how my body is reacting to the drug beeing injected, the last thing to come to mind is a little piece of metal going in my skin. if you dont like needles then either man the fukk up or leave the roids untill your ready.

meat is offline Associate Member
    im addicted to pain so i guess i cant comment im sure everyone here has had a flu shot right? the only thing you should be scared or concerned about is if you have any idea at all what the hell your doing .....after that its just steps 1,2,3 .....i hope my my little pricks scare every one...JK ...|--[\\\]>-----devious: ------<[///]--|
    Last edited by meat; 11-05-2004 at 11:12 PM.

6plates you should be worrying about injecting at such a young age, read up and do some research, should have waited one or two more years and your comment was unneccesary.

Angelis is offline Banned
    Man I know what u mean I was so freaked out when I did my first inject I was shaking so hard I was afraid to miss the mark... I got through it but I injected the 1.5ml in about 10-20sec it was Prop and Fina... it really wasnt that painful but the muscle was sore for 3 days!

sbeast007 is offline Senior Member
    i still shake now when i inject but i think its because of the position i'm in but it does get easier the more u do it.

Thanks for the positive feedback guys!

jon_83 is offline Junior Member

Talking

i was scared as h*ll the first time i did the needle i went out and bought some numbing cream, just rubbed it on let is sit for about 20 mins then took my shot i couldn't feel a thing. Now i look forward to those shot days.

Jrock79 is offline Junior Member
    agreed...my first time I did it by myself unsupervised....I've seen friends do it so I knew where to and how to....but I remember half way through I stopped and pulled the pin out and an automatic sweat came over me...downed some water and just sucked it up-changed the pin and jabbed away for the rest.....

MikeMC is offline New Member
    my first time, i kept going for the poke...then stopped..like 6 or 7 times....then i finally just sucked it up and stuck it in...and much to my suprise...there was little to no pain...

i had actually grown to like the experince by the end of my first cycle...

hence...the use of prop on my second cycle

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    A trick that i use is take a deep breath and then exhale upon inserting all you muscles relax and it goes in easier and hold your ring and pinky finger next to the injection spot to balance the needle and keep the needle from moving in and out to much.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    You gotta learn to be a man.

Short term pain, long term gain.

Wrestlingkompressor is offline Associate Member
    Stab Stab Stab Stab Stab Stab! Just say it in your head a coulpe of times and you'll be ready in no time.

RW3333 is offline Associate Member
    well two things help one i get the needles cold and it cuts down on the pain a little bit but i have my best friend do it and hes really experienced which also helps but remember that this is whats gonna help put that wanted muscle on and reach over that plateu, the awesome things that it does for you is just incredible. if its done someplace and by someone that you trust youll like it plus after a couple of times you really look forward to you and the pain is really minimal. my 2 cents

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    Don't be a pussy and take the shot!!

No pain, no gain!

Thread Information