seanw is offline Banned

Blood Pressure Question

Bro's I just went to the doc because I have a bit of a chest infection. He checked my blood pressure and it was 145/69 before my cycle started nine weeks ago it was 116/50. So it has gone up pretty high. He knows I take steroids and he said it was probably the deca , I also shoot Test Cyp. I had my last shot of deca last week so I will monitor from here on in. Have any of you guys had BP that has risen that much on a cycle? If so do you take meds or just wait for the cycle to end and hope it goes down. This is **** I dont like to mess with !!!

Whoisdaman is offline Senior Member
    Im on test cyp, deca , dbol cycle and my blood pressure has risen alot also. I was planning to just wait it out, but I have seen some bad sides like shortness of breath and nosebleeds that make me want to think otherwise. I will probably go get some BP meds in the near future. Good luck man.

toolman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by seanw
    Bro's I just went to the doc because I have a bit of a chest infection. He checked my blood pressure and it was 145/69 before my cycle started nine weeks ago it was 116/50. So it has gone up pretty high. He knows I take steroids and he said it was probably the deca, I also shoot Test Cyp. I had my last shot of deca last week so I will monitor from here on in. Have any of you guys had BP that has risen that much on a cycle? If so do you take meds or just wait for the cycle to end and hope it goes down. This is **** I dont like to mess with !!!
    ABSOLUTELY. I watch my BP daily on cycle and although I love everything else about deca , I decided not to use it anymore as it raises my BP big time, even higher than yours. Although your systolic at 145 runs into the treateable category, no need to worry as it will go down after the deca runs down. As long as you aren't running a ton of cyp which leads to bloat and again higher BP. Keep an eye on it.

seanw is offline Banned
    Thanks bro's. I just took it again and it is down to 139/60 which is on the normal range but still way higher than MY normal range. I only did 300mg of deca and 400mg of test c per week. According to the WHO borderline blood pressure is between 140/90 and 159/95, anything higher than that is considered hypertension and needs to be treated.

seanw is offline Banned
    bump

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seanw
    Thanks bro's. I just took it again and it is down to 139/60 which is on the normal range but still way higher than MY normal range. I only did 300mg of deca and 400mg of test c per week. According to the WHO borderline blood pressure is between 140/90 and 159/95, anything higher than that is considered hypertension and needs to be treated.
    Bro 139/60 is not bad at all. I am treated for hypertension and the docs only look at the bottom number. Yours is 60. Nice day. You can drop your top number by just sitting down and take ten long slow deep breaths and take your reading again.... the bad news is that your bottom number will stay about the same.

Your in good shape. Not to worry.

Froggy is offline Member
    I've found that it fluctuates quite a bit...first time I got a 141/72 reading i freaked out man...next day it was much lower. Not sure about using meds...I have thought about it at times.

Quote Originally Posted by znak
    Bro 139/60 is not bad at all. I am treated for hypertension and the docs only look at the bottom number. Yours is 60. Nice day. You can drop your top number by just sitting down and take ten long slow deep breaths and take your reading again.... the bad news is that your bottom number will stay about the same.

Your in good shape. Not to worry.
    Actually this is old school. THe AMA now goes by the theory that the systolic number is just as important as the diastolic.

139 is still boarderline high. The ideal targets are 120/70. Do not expect it on cycle, but thats where you want to be off cycle.

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toolman
    Actually this is old school. THe AMA now goes by the theory that the systolic number is just as important as the diastolic.

139 is still boarderline high. The ideal targets are 120/70. Do not expect it on cycle, but thats where you want to be off cycle.
    The new school must have opened in the last week 'cause I was a my doctor's about bp eight days ago- he is a cardiologist in Palm Beach. 45-50 years old, tons of publications, seems on top of things...

If you top number is consistantly 139, you have something to look at. The old school works on the assumption (that at least in my case corresponds to fact) that you upper number fluctuates considerably more that your lower number.

I am not sure what you mean by an "ideal blood pressure". If I understand you correctly 110/65 is "less ideal" than 120/70. Can you explain why or send me to a site that can? Also, I would be very interested in reading more on the "new school" if you can point me in the right direction.

Thanx

dtr98 is offline Member
    mine was 145/95 while on bp meds, my doc said as long as it doesn't get higher it would be ok, i told him since i'm om bp meds it should be better, again don't worry.

so i went to another doc and he changed my meds and i'm down to
    127-132/78-83. on diovan hct and toprol xl. even on a cycle it stays about the same

Quote Originally Posted by znak
    The new school must have opened in the last week 'cause I was a my doctor's about bp eight days ago- he is a cardiologist in Palm Beach. 45-50 years old, tons of publications, seems on top of things...

If you top number is consistantly 139, you have something to look at. The old school works on the assumption (that at least in my case corresponds to fact) that you upper number fluctuates considerably more that your lower number.

I am not sure what you mean by an "ideal blood pressure". If I understand you correctly 110/65 is "less ideal" than 120/70. Can you explain why or send me to a site that can? Also, I would be very interested in reading more on the "new school" if you can point me in the right direction.

Thanx
    Sorry bro, systolic became more important more than a week ago. Yes the number fluctuates, but if you are steadily at or over 140, you should be concerned. As for ideal numbers, I meant those stats are prehypertensive and should be a target. Of course if you are under those, then better.

The American Heart Association website covers a great deal on BP, etc. The link is http://www.americanheart.org/present...dentifier=2114

Quote Originally Posted by dtr98
    mine was 145/95 while on bp meds, my doc said as long as it doesn't get higher it would be ok, i told him since i'm om bp meds it should be better, again don't worry.

so i went to another doc and he changed my meds and i'm down to
    127-132/78-83. on diovan hct and toprol xl. even on a cycle it stays about the same
    Wise move, your first doc was definately wrong.

Remember everyone to question your medical providers. Many will give you the bums rush because of the low fees managed care is paying them. Remember, half of all the doctors out there graduated in the bottom half of their class so it is up to you to find the best one. Don't take a sheepskin as the only qualifier.
    Last edited by toolman; 11-04-2004 at 09:46 AM.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I would expect a high BP on that cycle. As someone said Deca is the worse on BP in my opinion and of course Dbols don't help. It should return to normal after cycle.

seanw is offline Banned
    Thanks for all your help guys. I understand this a lot better now

Thread Information