gizlebit is offline Junior Member

getting through metal detectors

quick question for anyone that can really help. im going to cancun for spring break and i am flying there, i need to know if the bottles not amps will get through metal detectors. this my be a stupid question but the upper area of most bottles look like they have a circular metal surrounding where you extract. will this area of the bottle cause the metal detecors to go off. i need to some quality info, and what might be other ways to get stuff back.

PunkRawk is offline Member
    depends if they search with wands...are you taking vials to fill or to use while there??

PunkRawk is offline Member
    go to andro usa or some online store and buy mutli use vials...they just have rubber stoppers on top...pack it well...

im trying to bring back bottles but my concern is that the upper area of most bottles seem to have a metalic surrounding. so i dont know if i should try and bring them back in my carry on bag. what do you think?

large is offline New Member
    It could set a alarm off, I would put the stuff in my bags that I check in they dont get metal scaned they just go through a xray machine and will be hard to see if seen at all. I wouldnt carry the stuff on me unless I ripped the metal rig off of the botltes.

thinkin big is offline Junior Member

EXPERIENCED IN AIRPORT TRIPS..

NOW SECURITY IS TIGHT SO YOU GOT TO BE REAL CAREFUL IT USED TO BE SAFE TO KEEP IT ON YOUR BODY WHICH IS WHAT I WOULD SUGGEST BUT NOW THEY PAT DOWN SEARCH. THEY STILL DON'T HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY TO SCAN EVERY CHECKED IN BAG SO THAT MIGHT BE YOUR BEST BET. BUT IF YOU ARE TALKING REGULAR GLASS AMPS YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT..

BUT SOME MAJOR AIRPORTS HAVE X-RAY TECH SO IF YOUR BRINING ALOT BACK THAT MIGHT ALERT SOMEONE.. BUT A FEW WILL PROBABLY GO UNNOTICED.

AND REMEMBER NO NEEDLES BECAUSE YOU NEED A VALID MEDICAL NOTE...

Shredder is offline Associate Member
    NO They are not made out of metal and it will not set off the metal detector. But if you still are nervous you can take them off by prying them w/ a key and leaving the jus the rubber stopper.

brad13kpu is offline Junior Member
    Just take the metal top off and duct tape it down. Then strap the bottles right under your nuts cause when they pat search you they don't actually touch your nuts. Ive done this about 4 time after 9/11 and I got pat searched twice and have had no troubles getting through.

wonderful world of oz,where juice is free,plentiful,sterile, and not toxic to the liver
    DUDE THROW THE BOTTLES IN A BOTTLE OF SHAMPOO WITH THE SHAMPOO IN IT, THEY WONT BE ABLE TO TELL THE DIFF BETWEEN THE GLASS AND THE SHAMPOO IN THE X RAY MACHINE,I WENT TO CANCUN AND BROUGHT BACK 600 DOLLARS WORTH OF SHIT IN SHAMPOO BOTTLES,ENDED UP MAKING SOME GOOD POCKET CHANGE WHEN I GOT BACK ALSO

thanks for all the advice

Thread Information