littleguns is offline Associate Member

how long do you wait between cycles?

i usually take as long off from a cycle as i am on it. So i wait about 8 weeks inbetween cycle. a former mr. universe at my gym said i should do it that way when im young and when i hit 25 do 2 cycles a year instead of what im doin now........question is, what do you guys think of that?

Jay Man is offline Associate Member
    I don't necessarily agree with the "time on = time off" motto. If you have your blood work done after your done with PCT and everything looks good then I see no reason why you can't start another cycle. I'm sure others will agree or disagree but that's my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Man
    If you have your blood work done after your done with PCT and everything looks good then I see no reason why you can't start another cycle. I'm sure others will agree or disagree but that's my opinion.
    This is the most objective way...it's optimal, if you want to maximize your "on time," and minimize your time away from gear. Ergo...this is the best way for results/gains, all things being equal.

The key is getting blood work done and PCT. Others may disagree, but frankly, I don't think that's a terribly good position...or even a debatable one.

Consider the logical inconsistencies inherant in "timeon + timeoff":

Take 100mgs of dbol on day 1. Take day 2off. (Hence: time on = timeoff) now take 100mgs on day 3, and take day 4 off...this would be an indefinate cycle of "time on = time off." Thats stupid.

Go on a 5 year cycle. Now you have to take 5 years off? To normalize your HPTA? Thats stupid.

Take a 100mg shot of deca . This will reduce your natural test levels to 0. Take the next week off. Now you go back on? Too bad HPTA suppression from 100mgs of deca lasts for nearly a month (Minto, et. al).

In each of the cases I gave, you'd be following the t/off=t/on protocol, and in each case it won't allow optimal recovery; Or it would lead to a perpetual cycle, and other logical inconsistencies.

I believe in waiting on a off-cycle as long as you were on the cycle. just my opinion tho.

Why is this your belief?

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Man
    I don't necessarily agree with the "time on = time off" motto. If you have your blood work done after your done with PCT and everything looks good then I see no reason why you can't start another cycle. I'm sure others will agree or disagree but that's my opinion.
    I always heard it was time on = time off "or" 10 weeks off, whichever is shorter works and as long as deca is not involved. If your last cycle had deca then you increase time off to 15 weeks. This is what is written on HRT web sites to prevent sterilization or making you permanently requiring of HRT otherwise 4 or 5 cycles with only 5 or 6 weeks of off time in between 10 week cycles and now you are completely dependant on HRT.

There are other reasons and this only applies to higher then HRT doses. This rule will help control excessive cholesterol, triglicerides, and excessive red blood cell counts much better then keeping your off time too short. If you dont follow this rule, then you should at very least donate a pint of blood every 3 months because there are other things going on in your body from excessive steroid cycling other then shrinkage of your nutz, things that profoundly increase your chances of stroke and heart attack if you dont manage it correctly.

i believe in the time on= time off because my doctor told me it was in his best interest. I really cant remember in full detail but he told me basically to allow the vital organs a break, especially the heart. The heart goes through the most stress under AAS which causes high blood pressure, rapid heart beat, etc. I am a really careful person about it thats all. Besides, i dont feel there is a need to use quickly after a cycle.

P Rock is offline Member
    i would wait at least a month after pct, do blood work and if everything is good, and i am not experiencing any side effects, then i would go on if i wanted. (that is the least time i would wait, if i really wanted to hit another cycle, but usually i would give my body about about three months rest. jmo

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by P Rock
    i would wait at least a month after pct, do blood work and if everything is good, and i am not experiencing any side effects, then i would go on if i wanted. (that is the least time i would wait, if i really wanted to hit another cycle, but usually i would give my body about about three months rest. jmo
    Yea, most of what you are going to loose in off cycle happens between 2 weeks after last injection and 5 weeks after last injection. You really dont loose much of anything more between week 5 and week 10 except some of your tollerance and resistance to testosterone , etc.

Face it, if you are Jonesing that bad that you cant take at least 10 weeks off at a time, then you are becoming addicted to roids. We all know its rough, the sex drive is in the toilet, feel like its the end of the world to have your weight decline 10 lbs, etc... get over it man, living long enough to collect social security is more important then looking good for right now... the fact is, even with some PCT declines, a lot of us look better between week 5 and 10 of PCT then we do ON cycle because of the lack of water bloat.

kubano28 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    This is the most objective way...it's optimal, if you want to maximize your "on time," and minimize your time away from gear. Ergo...this is the best way for results/gains, all things being equal.

The key is getting blood work done and PCT. Others may disagree, but frankly, I don't think that's a terribly good position...or even a debatable one.

Consider the logical inconsistencies inherant in "timeon + timeoff":

Take 100mgs of dbol on day 1. Take day 2off. (Hence: time on = timeoff) now take 100mgs on day 3, and take day 4 off...this would be an indefinate cycle of "time on = time off." Thats stupid.

Go on a 5 year cycle. Now you have to take 5 years off? To normalize your HPTA? Thats stupid.

Take a 100mg shot of deca . This will reduce your natural test levels to 0. Take the next week off. Now you go back on? Too bad HPTA suppression from 100mgs of deca lasts for nearly a month (Minto, et. al).

In each of the cases I gave, you'd be following the t/off=t/on protocol, and in each case it won't allow optimal recovery; Or it would lead to a perpetual cycle, and other logical inconsistencies.
    so im guessing u are not a believer in time on-time off ????

Quote Originally Posted by kubano28
    so im guessing u are not a believer in time on-time off ????
    I think I make a very strong case against it...

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    were suposed to go off ??

kubano28 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    I think I make a very strong case against it...

what will be the right time if any to wait for another cycle,or just check blood work and if it all good ,just keep shooting up,????,whats the rigth tihing to do????
    Last edited by kubano28; 11-06-2004 at 03:11 PM.

mixxin is offline Junior Member
    time on = time off is a rule of thumb. The smart way to go is to get a blood test after PCT. Some people recover faster than others, everybody's body is different. Some grow off smaller doses, some bloat, some don't, some get acne, some don't...

bigrthanu is offline Associate Member
    or just never come off! LOL just kiddn

Stumbo is offline Senior Member
    I say just go off as long as it takes you to recover then go right back on.

Im taking HCG during my cycle and IGF1 during PCT and i want to be recovered and back on within a month.

Dimes is offline Senior Member
    Id wait 6-8 weeks after pct and then do all the tests and if everything is ok, then start the next cycle

Thread Information