Thread: Security/Emails

mass junkie is offline banned

Security/Emails

Posted by Scorpio on WCBB
    not by me, however a good read.

YOUR EMAIL:

I’m secure you think, it's my email and it's as personal as you can get.right? Plus, I use Ziplip http://www.ziplip.com/ or the like. No!! Not unless you and the person you are sending to are both using Ziplip and you are using a password protecting every message. Simply sending an email from Ziplip is not secure! Let me repeat that again for the people who insist on using Ziplip incorrectly. Simply sending an email from Ziplip is not secure! Emails sitting on Ziplip's servers not password protected, can easily be picked over by Carnivore or Ziplip employees. Now I am not saying Ziplip is a bad service. It is in fact secure and safe if used correctly (still the issue of how to exchange passwords securely is a serious flaw in Ziplip). Now, since no one uses it correctly lets just give it up. Ok good job, we are all going to give zZiplip up right? I hope so. Now on to real email, hands down HUSHMAIL http://www.hushmail.com/ is leaps and bounds superior to Ziplip. HUSHMAIL is secure end to end. Period!

Emails and attachments are secure without the need for a separate password as long as both parties are using HUSHMAIL. This takes all the guess work out of this. Emails won’t sit on the server unencryped for Carnivore, and Hushmail employees cannot read them. It’s so simple a 5 yr. old could use it. It’s truly an amazing system. Please check it out. When HUSHMAIL first appeared there were rumors that it wasn’t secure at all, well Phil Zimrnerrnann was brought on as chief technology officer of HUSHMAIL. He is the creator of PGP, and would never put his reputation in the encryption community on the line for a shady company not living up to its promises. Phil’s commitment to the company gives me even more faith that HUSHMAIL is the premier email and web based encryption company on the net by far. Also another good feature of HUSHMAIL is that its subsidiaries http://www.cyber-rights.net and http://www.elitefitness.com and http://www.keptprivate.net/ are all compatible with it. If you don’t like using Hushmail, I suggest you learn to use PGP. Otherwise Carnivore is picking your emails for key words.

Latin is offline Associate Member
    good post tnx, personally I use both. Dont like hushmail though due to graphic etc ... like ziplip alot more.
    but better to be safe than sry!!

Ultimate is offline Associate Member
    now this was interesting I didn't know this... but now I do.... so does that mean I won half the battle already

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    Fu.ck EF.

not2bigyet is offline Member
    good read!

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    and all this time i thought hotmail was secure

Latino~Heat is offline Junior Member
    hotmail is the worst, yahoo is better than that, but I dont use hotmail..I always hear of hotmail accounts being stolen, and messages can be intercepted

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Deacon
    and all this time i thought hotmail was secure
    ... ...I hear ya, Demon..

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Good post mass. I have used Zip forever and many, including myself, do not use passwd protection very often.

Jackman is offline Banned
    so cyber-rights is considered hushmail right?

Dimes is offline Senior Member
    Hushmail.com ... everybody get an account, it rules!

Thread Information