jo150 is offline Associate Member

Arrow Steroids and Alcohol.

I heard from a friend that drinking alcohol while using steroids will cause problems with you liver, cause they both have to go through the liver and are both hard on it.
    Is there any truth to this?

fballhoss51 is offline Senior Member
    i did got drunk mostly every weekend while i was on a 10 week cycle and my bench went up 80 lbs and im still walkin w/ no liver failure, but someone else might tell u different, i dono

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Every drug ingested is eventually metabolised by the liver...

The potential hepatoxicity of alcohol,and resulting liver function impairment/enzyme count elevation post-consumption, would logically suggest that alcohol should not be consumed while one's on a cycle of AAS.

abmyers is offline Associate Member
    Liver toxicity of oral steroids is greatly overstated. The damage that alcohol does to your liver is probably understated.

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by abmyers
    Liver toxicity of oral steroids is greatly overstated. The damage that alcohol does to your liver is probably understated.
    I don't really agree.

m16a2 is offline Senior Member
    I consume alcohol while on AAS, but not 17-aas. It is all a matter of moderation and the risks u are willing to take. Winny with 10 shots of vodka is a bad idea, but the extra stress that prop will put on your liver probably won't compare with a 17-aa but will be worse than without any substance. It is a tough subject and one that is very particular to each person and their own health. In general, don't drink on cycle to be on the safe side.

the worse issue that alcohol upregulates aromatase and will increase likelyhood of gyno when using aromatics.

also it may have some negative impact on prolactin levels.

Guardian74 is offline Junior Member
    Very simple issue, if one is willing to go to great lengths such as Strict diet, sleep patterns, lifting techniques, water and supplement intake; then why would it be so difficult to eliminate alcohol use for the duration of a cycle and PCT? This issue keeps cropping up and sounds like a lack of will and is very troubling considering the demands that we place upon ourselves when cycling.
    Just my 2 Cents.

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Quote Originally Posted by fballhoss51
    i did got drunk mostly every weekend while i was on a 10 week cycle and my bench went up 80 lbs and im still walkin w/ no liver failure, but someone else might tell u different, i dono
    Conclusive scientific proof!

gya321 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian74
    Very simple issue, if one is willing to go to great lengths such as Strict diet, sleep patterns, lifting techniques, water and supplement intake; then why would it be so difficult to eliminate alcohol use for the duration of a cycle and PCT? This issue keeps cropping up and sounds like a lack of will and is very troubling considering the demands that we place upon ourselves when cycling.
    Just my 2 Cents.
    Exactly what i was gonna say, Either your dedicated to training or dedicated to getting fvcked up. Many people do both but its definately not helping the situation or your liver

Dimes is offline Senior Member
    I agree with Guardian 74, cant you guys live without alcohol? You wont die if you stop driking while on a cycle and yes it is unhealthy.. alcohol alone is unhelathy... steroids alone are dangerous, add them up together and see what you get.

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    WHY would you drink when on sauce???? I would think (this may just be me however) that you would want to get the most gains possible out of a cycle. You are dropping $200-500 in it, eating and lifting like you never have before (lest you should or you shouldnt be saucing) and you want to add alcohol?? Alcohol is a toxin to your body in any amount and will F your liver in the A. Whats more important for 8-12 weeks of your life, getting drunk or devoted to transforming your physique?

Oh yeah, forgot one nite of drinking can surpress testosterone production for 3 days. Y'know that stuff you need to build muscle?? But Im sure you knew that.

m16a2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier of Misfortune
    Oh yeah, forgot one nite of drinking can surpress testosterone production for 3 days. Y'know that stuff you need to build muscle?? But Im sure you knew that.
    Agreed with the first part of what you said, but these seems like bs.

Show me a link to some evidence for this. One night of drinking can suppress my test production (which is shut down, in any case, due to test supplementation) for three days? That doesn't make a great argument and it sure doens't sound valid either.

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Don't drink on cycle, but if you do, moderation is the key. A glass of wine with diner, or a 1 or 2 beers is not going to kill you, just don't go anymore than that.

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Ive heard that in my ecology of health class and KNPE classes. It of course varies for every person but it does get shut down. Other bros have posted it on AR as well.

Yes you are shut down when on cycle but if you werent on cycle it would severely hurt your production. On cycle would just compound the stress on your body. Its not a smart idea.

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    Orals and alcohol = serious liver injury

beavertrap is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianVodka
    Orals and alcohol = serious liver injury
    I need to go hit a shot of stoli to chase down my winny!

Thread Information