Thread: veins busting

djboots is offline Associate Member

veins busting

listen to this a buddy of mine was just satanding around at work and all of a sudden it looked like a puddle of oil by his feet. when he lifted up his pant leg there was blood gushing every where from a vein that just burst right out of now where. i know he takes gh but that all he says or will admit to. but it was crazy we had to use a belt as a turnicat and call 911. if we didn't i dont know if he would have made it. there was ALOT of blood!!!!! any one ever seen or heard of this???

bluestrm is offline Associate Member
    Veins carry blood back to the heart. I seriously doubt there is any merit to this thread. Is this the same guy that posted the one about a buddy at work popping a vein in his eye when he lost his temper?
    A tourniquet is used to stop blood coming from an arterie. Veins do not just bust and break through the skin.

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    It would not have been that much blood if it was a vein, venous blood is returning to the heart(i.e. nothing really pumping it) so there isn't much pressure on the way back when compared to the blood being pumped through the heart to muscles and organs. Broken veins cause what is called a "slow bleed" and broken artieries cause a "fast bleed" from the pumping heart forcing blood out.

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    If it was bright red it was artierial, oxygen rich blood going away from the heart. If it was venous blood then it is oxygyn poor and dark red going back to the heart to be reoxygenated. I doubt you could see oil mixed within the blood. Im gonna call BS.

FRANk THe TANk is offline Associate Member
    bullsh!t

nsa
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier of Misfortune
    If it was bright red it was artierial, oxygen rich blood going away from the heart. If it was venous blood then it is oxygyn poor and dark red going back to the heart to be reoxygenated. I doubt you could see oil mixed within the blood. Im gonna call BS.
    Once blood hits air outside of your body its all red. The blood regardless of where it is coming from gets oxygenated by the air outside of the body.

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by djboots
    listen to this a buddy of mine was just satanding around at work and all of a sudden it looked like a puddle of oil by his feet. when he lifted up his pant leg there was blood gushing every where from a vein that just burst right out of now where. i know he takes gh but that all he says or will admit to. but it was crazy we had to use a belt as a turnicat and call 911. if we didn't i dont know if he would have made it. there was ALOT of blood!!!!! any one ever seen or heard of this???
    Only trauma to the area would result in this happening, and would have to be an artery.

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    Once blood hits air outside of your body its all red. The blood regardless of where it is coming from gets oxygenated by the air outside of the body.
    That is a myth, blood is always red. Venous blood appears blue because of the way light is absorbed into the skin, like the sky also appears blue.

nsa
    Quote Originally Posted by aXe
    That is a myth, blood is always red. Venous blood appears blue because of the way light is absorbed into the skin, like the sky also appears blue.
    Thanks for clearing that up for me.

djboots is offline Associate Member
    wow you guys are harsh!!! it is a true story i was there. i think the ems called it a cyotic (not sure of the spelling) vein. which runs with the arterey in your leg. i'm not a doctor so sorry if i'm not explaining right. also when i said it looked like oil on the ground, we work in a car dealership thats what i meant not oil from AS. we thought he was just standing in it until he actually noticed it was blood. trust me i have alot better things to do then just come up with fake threads on a saturday afternoon!

MedicWill is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by djboots

Just for future advice, never use a turnicat unless you want your buddy to loose their leg. We NEVER use them anymore and you should have just used firm pressure. A turnicat will cut off ALL bloodflow and if its on too long the area will need to be removed.

Ive never seen a vessel just "burst right outa now where" but with all the additional stresses some of us put on our bodies I wouldnt doubt it could happen.

Dimes is offline Senior Member
    I think I saw that on ripleys beleive it or not, lol, just kidding!

bigrthanu is offline Associate Member
    you sure there wasnt a metal object sticking out of his leg too, even if the vein rupshured wouldnt the blood stay inside his leg under the tissue?

MedicWill is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrthanu
    you sure there wasnt a metal object sticking out of his leg too, even if the vein rupshured wouldnt the blood stay inside his leg under the tissue?

I would think so. Imagine how violent the burst would have to be to break the skin.

Thread Information