Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rock_Hard is offline Junior Member
    I have a buddy that smokes pot on a regular basis- he swears that smoking before a workout gives him a better pump and helps him stay focused. On a side note, the dude is like 5'-9", 200LB, stopped working out one day after he told me this, and does nothing but sit on his couch, play Madden and eat Cheetos.
    I'd say it's not giving him the gains he expected....just my $.02

Superhuman is offline Banned
    does anybody know about coke and lifting?

Pork Chop is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fballhoss51
    ok ive searched and searched, and everyone has different opinions, if u smoke will it affect your weights? how much? and everyone says it raises estrogen levels, besides tha chance of gettin bitch tits what else can that do, why would it be bad to smoke while on a cycle? thanks
    i don't think it would affect you physically.. but mentally it would hinder your discipline. (laziness, focussing on the next hit rather than the next whey shake etc..). If you "know someone" who can pull it off, great. I can't.

somedude247 is offline Member
    why is this question asked over and over.....working out and living a healthy lifestyle does not involve weed or excessive alcohol drinking.....this question answers itself and is ****en stupid.....
    Last edited by somedude247; 11-15-2004 at 12:45 PM.

Cisco is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by somedude247
    why is this question asked over and over.....working out and living a healthy lifestyle does not involve weed or excessive alcohol drinking.....this question answers itself and is ****en stupid.....
    Im noone to speak becuase i cycle myself, but what your implying is that taking steroids is living a healthy lifestyle??? I know how bad it is for me and so does everyone else, taking a few rips after or before a workout does me good, better pump in the gym for some reason with more focus, and if i was to after it relaxes me completely n allows me to eat insane amount, imagine the gain possibilities if your already taking an anobolic that stimulates your appetite.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by IronAdam
    It doesn't take a scientist to prove you get hungry after smoking pot. It's not required that you eat after, but I know first hand that it makes me hungry.
    i have just started smoking recently. i have gotten high twice, and it was ****ing sweet. i had a protein shake beforehand both times, and i never got the munchies, i did not even feel the hunger at all.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by somedude247
    i really dont see what is wrong with weed as long as its in moderation as long as you are not on cycle. NOt saying that it is bad to do it on cyle, but thew whole taking too much drugs thing.

Tallon484 is offline Junior Member
    This thread has surprisingly remained positive. I didn't think there were any open-minded members until reading these replies.
    Everything in moderation. Experiencing the peace has helped a lot of people. I would have to say that smokin weed frequently inhibits muscle growth and yes it will lower test levels (slightly).

Monkeytown is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fballhoss51
    ok ive searched and searched, and everyone has different opinions, if u smoke will it affect your weights? how much? and everyone says it raises estrogen levels, besides tha chance of gettin bitch tits what else can that do, why would it be bad to smoke while on a cycle? thanks
    You couldn't have searched too hard b/c this has been discussed on at least 1/2 dozen threads in the past 6 weeks.

tubbytank is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenthree
    I haven't done any research on marajuana but I have watched pumping iron, and arnold smokes pot in that video so I assume nothing.
    where does he do that?

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tubbytank
    where does he do that?
    At the end after he wins the O. He's laying on the couch and everyone is eating cake.

atlgadoll is offline Junior Member
    I like to smoke every once in a while (maybe once or twice a month). I do a lot of cycling (bicycling) and my main concerns were always 1) putting smoke in my lungs and 2) not knowing where the substance came from, what pesticides were used, if it had mold spores, etc. I solved these problems by getting a vaporizor - it heats the substance only enough to vaporize the thc, thereby leaving about 100 other chemicals out of your lungs. Google "vaporbrothers" - it's the best one. I also got seeds (white widow) from a dutch seed bank and grow my own so i know where it comes from.

GrantC5 is offline Associate Member
    Pot does make you hungry, right now my grand father has brain cancer and he is not eating. So the doctors gave it to him in a pill form to make him hungry so that is a fact. I don't or have not smoked weed in my life but I don't see any benefit in it for working out. Try one drug at a time and if you can't maybe there is some kind of uhhhhhhhh ADDICTION?

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING!
    If you're gonna smoke it then shut up and smoke it, stop trying to kid yourself that it's a healthy option.
    No - it won't kill you or even stop you from building muscle but it is far from good for you.
    If you want to stimulate apetite try B12, it won't give you lung cancer and has thus far not been linked to depression or schizophrenia so it is probably a better choice.

littlebest is offline New Member
    weed does increase your metabolism and slows down your body functions. So, if you do not eat after you smoke it can burn up your carbs. and if you smoke alot and don't eat it will eventually burn fat.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebest
    weed does increase your metabolism and slows down your body functions. So, if you do not eat after you smoke it can burn up your carbs. and if you smoke alot and don't eat it will eventually burn fat.
    Well yes, if you don't eat you will eventually burn fat, but from the weed? NO

Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING!
    If you're gonna smoke it then shut up and smoke it, stop trying to kid yourself that it's a healthy option.
    No - it won't kill you or even stop you from building muscle but it is far from good for you.
    If you want to stimulate apetite try B12, it won't give you lung cancer and has thus far not been linked to depression or schizophrenia so it is probably a better choice.
    The vaporizer is a healthier option...

Cal NORML/MAPS Study Shows Vaporizer Can Drastically Reduce Toxins in Marijuana Smoke

Harmful toxins in marijuana smoke can be effectively avoided by a vaporization device, according to a new study by California NORML and MAPS (Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies) with support from a grant from the MPP (Marijuana Policy Project).

The new study used a gas chromatograph mass spectrometer (GCMS) to examine the gas components of the vapor. .The analysis showed that the VolcanoŽ vapor was remarkably clean, consisting 95% of THC with traces of cannabinol (CBN), another cannabinoid. The remaining 5% consisted of small amounts of three other components: one suspected cannabinoid relative, one suspected PAH, and caryophyllene, a fragrant oil in cannab1s and other plants. In contrast over 111 different components appeared in the gas of the combusted smoke, including a half dozen known PAHs. Non-cannabinoids accounted for as much as 88% of the total gas content of the smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by atlgadoll
    The vaporizer is a healthier option...

Cal NORML/MAPS Study Shows Vaporizer Can Drastically Reduce Toxins in Marijuana Smoke

Harmful toxins in marijuana smoke can be effectively avoided by a vaporization device, according to a new study by California NORML and MAPS (Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies) with support from a grant from the MPP (Marijuana Policy Project).

The new study used a gas chromatograph mass spectrometer (GCMS) to examine the gas components of the vapor. .The analysis showed that the VolcanoŽ vapor was remarkably clean, consisting 95% of THC with traces of cannabinol (CBN), another cannabinoid. The remaining 5% consisted of small amounts of three other components: one suspected cannabinoid relative, one suspected PAH, and caryophyllene, a fragrant oil in cannab1s and other plants. In contrast over 111 different components appeared in the gas of the combusted smoke, including a half dozen known PAHs. Non-cannabinoids accounted for as much as 88% of the total gas content of the smoke.

Well, look at who conducted the study!
    That aside, what about the psychological effects?

Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    Well, look at who conducted the study!
    That aside, what about the psychological effects?
    No idea. Most of the friends I had who smoke a lot of dope are pretty much worthless, so I would assume not good. I'm no advocating pot smoking. I'm just saying that if you're going to do it, there are ways to minimize or eliminate the physical affects of the carcinogens.

kaorialfred is offline Member
    dude, pack a bowl :spudnikdi :spudnikdi

nickg1983 is offline New Member
    Dude weed is the ****! Some people get lazy, i get pycho if i take it with caffine and ephedra. It pumps me up some much i could explod like a bomb. Makes me lift better 2. No pain, so i can push harder.

rev911apollyon is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JdJuicer
    At the end after he wins the O. He's laying on the couch and everyone is eating cake.
    Yeah and hes wearing that sweet shirt that says "arnold is numero uno". that shirt kicks ass (I have it too)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information