Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    fballhoss51 is offline Senior Member

marijuana and lifting

ok ive searched and searched, and everyone has different opinions, if u smoke will it affect your weights? how much? and everyone says it raises estrogen levels, besides tha chance of gettin bitch tits what else can that do, why would it be bad to smoke while on a cycle? thanks

goldenthree is offline New Member

marajuana

I haven't done any research on marajuana but I have watched pumping iron, and arnold smokes pot in that video so I assume nothing.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    This has been brought up many time... do a search.

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenthree
    I haven't done any research on marajuana but I have watched pumping iron, and arnold smokes pot in that video so I assume nothing.

so you're saying if arnold does it, everyone can??? lol you see him take like 1 or 2 hits and thats it....you dont see him puffing away throughout the whole video do you??

Quote Originally Posted by BigMike J
    This has been brought up many time... do a search.
    like i said, i did many searches, and everyone has a different opinion, i was wondering if anyone could show me some good solid facts

jbol is offline Senior Member
    the only thing smoking bud did for me was increase my focus..i dont smoke now,but i used to love to smoke and go to the gym.though i never did it on a cycle

Tose22 is offline Associate Member
    juice and mary= Governor, plain and simple

GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member
    Lots of talk on this bro. Do some more searchin.

Tose22 is offline Associate Member
    no but bro i do know of one of its benefits of smoking after a workout, it increases your hunger like crazy

Sir Lifts-a-lot is offline Senior Member
    I like to smoke a lot and to tell you the truth it puts me in a better state of mind when I lift.

Weed has like the opposite affect on me then 99% of the population. It helps me to focus on **** like 10 times better. It's like my cure for ADD.

The few times I have gone to lift after coming down from a high have been very good. I can push past my usual stalling points and really up the weight and reps. Sounds weird and I know I'm going to take some flameing for it but it works for me.

I would not recomend it to anyone though because weed has an odd affect on me compared to most.

HazyA is offline Junior Member
    I remember doing searches years ago about weed and lifting and their was a study siting it lowered test levels and raised estrogen. I'm pretty sure the studies were shown to be unaccurate, beacuse they were done in the 70's on only a few monkeys and the thc levels they had would be almost impossible to get in a human. From presonal experience I have been a pot head for the past 2 1/2 years, well I mean I smoke every night not during the day when I am working and going to school. Just got my test levels checked and total test was 925 and normal is 200-800, so I'm SURE it doesn't decrease my test levles, but everyone is different. Also helps me eat ofcoarse!!

shadowman25 is offline Associate Member
    I think it would increase your focus and allow you to seperate your mind and body enough to do the impossible on the weights but hinder your overall weight gain.

ite i guess i posted it wrong, i dont mean smoking b4 or after i lift, i just mean smoking at anytime at all, will it affect me like my weights (wont go up as fast or wont go up at all?)

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tose22
    juice and mary= Governor, plain and simple
    LMAO

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    +
    good times. sdmikoke tghe reeferrrrrsssss

sniper320 is offline Member
    Well, i have never seen a huge pot head before.

sbeast007 is offline Senior Member
    i would sat that smoking pot relaxes your muscles and doesnt make you feel like doing anything but sit down and sleep. so dont think it would help training cause u prob wouldnt feel like going.

alabama is offline Associate Member
    its good to help u pack down some food i personaly try not to smoke it during the day kinda makes me lazy but i never heard weed converted into estrogen i guess ill need some nolva with my next sack of bud

jkddave is offline Junior Member
    drugs are bad!

huh??? what???? steroids are drugs...oh....never mind! LOL

I don't think it will hurt you, but I can't imagine that it's optimal.

IronAdam is offline Member
    I don't see how you guys can smoke then lift better...you sure your not smoking crack?

Anyway, in moderation weed should not affect your muscle gains.

Moosepellet is offline Member
    In my adolesent days, I used to smoke everyday before a workout. I was more focused and pushed heavier weights, but as far as it increasing estrogen, I don't know. Do some research and let me know.

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Tose22
    no but bro i do know of one of its benefits of smoking after a workout, it increases your hunger like crazy

Scientifically , theres no such things as "munchies"..its all in your head

IronAdam is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrob33
    It doesn't take a scientist to prove you get hungry after smoking pot. It's not required that you eat after, but I know first hand that it makes me hungry.

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    theres going to be different outputs on this all day long some ppl say ur a complete dumb a$$ for smoking pot period and some not but IMO smoking pot has nothing to do with decreasing ganes or increasing ganes i dont see any problem with smoking a lil bud while ur on this earth but i can see where ppl would say it would make u lazy etc. the only bad thing i can see with smoking is if ur a big person and have trouble loosing weight tokin up wouldnt be to good....

Ironman5151 is offline Associate Member
    It makes your stomach num so u can consum a large amount of food.... and as long as you smoke maybe at night after your training, I don't see a problem with it. Just as long as you work out as hard during the day, and it doesn't make you lazy, I wouldn't worry about it. Good luck.

my 2 cents

Dimes is offline Senior Member
    This questions have bben done a millions times, plus they are pretty dumb..if im doing roids.. wich have alot of bad side effects and i add more drugs will it be good or bad? Dumb questions, stay off all this crap and you will bre better off.

captain ed is offline New Member
    i'm glad someone brought this up, because I've wondered about it a ton. It definately increased my focus 2000%. I was able to get inside the muscle mentally, and really work the contractions when I lift right after puffing. If nothing else, it let me see what it should be like everytime, puffing or not.

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    I smoke a blunt towards the end of every night, been doing it for years(and I have a great body). I never do it before the gym, it definatly inhibits you both physically and mentaly. It's better to go into the gym with a clear and focused head. It definatly helps me with a nice deep sleep though.

flabbywussy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fballhoss51
    ok ive searched and searched, and everyone has different opinions, if u smoke will it affect your weights? how much? and everyone says it raises estrogen levels, besides tha chance of gettin bitch tits what else can that do, why would it be bad to smoke while on a cycle? thanks

recreational drugs are a waste of $$. i would much rather spend the extra money on more juice. hey bro, do you really need any more reasons not to smoke ? i mean if BITCH TITS ain't enough to make you quit smokin then have fun!

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    huh? all in your head??? i smoke pot PWO on a regular basis to boost my hunger and it surely not im my head. ive also read in some studies that it was prove it boost the appetite!!! show me some studies that say "its all in our head"

Dimes is offline Senior Member
    LOL, I can already see the side effects on people who smoke pot with the posts they have put here, good stuff guys.

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    Marinol is a scheduleII narcotic that is synthetic THC which is the chemical in pot that gets you "stoned". It is labled as an appetite stimulant and anti-nauseant. They sometimes give it to cancer patients.

UNF12345 is offline Junior Member
    i smoke basically every night a few hours after workouts. helps me sleep like a baby not to mention throw those extra cals. down in the last few meals of the day.

SaTyR is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfyEVH
    so you're saying if arnold does it, everyone can??? lol you see him take like 1 or 2 hits and thats it....you dont see him puffing away throughout the whole video do you??
    bingo, I was about to say the same.

SaTyR is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by captain ed
    i'm glad someone brought this up, because I've wondered about it a ton. It definately increased my focus 2000%. I was able to get inside the muscle mentally, and really work the contractions when I lift right after puffing. If nothing else, it let me see what it should be like everytime, puffing or not.
    You smoke BEFORE you workout ????!

tdawg is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper320
    Well, i have never seen a huge pot head before.
    want a picture? jk...i smoke more then my sahre and still grow...it also helpped me sleep when i was on drol

Rock_Hard is offline Junior Member
    I have a buddy that smokes pot on a regular basis- he swears that smoking before a workout gives him a better pump and helps him stay focused. On a side note, the dude is like 5'-9", 200LB, stopped working out one day after he told me this, and does nothing but sit on his couch, play Madden and eat Cheetos.
    I'd say it's not giving him the gains he expected....just my $.02

I have a buddy that smokes pot on a regular basis- he swears that smoking before a workout gives him a better pump and helps him stay focused. On a side note, the dude is like 5'-9", 200LB, stopped working out one day after he told me this, and does nothing but sit on his couch, play Madden and eat Cheetos.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information