Thread: can aspirate

alter beast is offline New Member

can aspirate

I tried using a 1" 25 gauge needle and when I go to apirate it doesnt draw up anything, it just causes my gear to get mass amounts of tiny tiny bubbles, but nothing from the needle, never had a problem with my 23 gauge, it did a tricep shot yesterday and same thing nothing so I had to go ahead and shoot anyway.

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    bubbles = go ahead and plunge

blood = pull out and reinsert.

no you misunderstood me, the bubbles are not comming back in the needle it is like the tip is plugged and the bubbles are actually from the vaccum created in the syringe almost like I am seperating the gear, I know how to aspirate but the 25 gauge is not doing it like the 23 did.

Originally posted by alter beast
    no you misunderstood me, the bubbles are not comming back in the needle it is like the tip is plugged and the bubbles are actually from the vaccum created in the syringe almost like I am seperating the gear, I know how to aspirate but the 25 gauge is not doing it like the 23 did.
    this vacuum is what you want.

1000fps is offline New Member
    The bubbles are caused by the vacuum you are creating when you pull back on the plunger and there is no source of liquid. Almost all liquids will become a gas when exposed to a vacuum. I’m sure you noticed that when you let the plunger return to it’s original position the bubbles were gone. Seeing bubbles when aspirating is not a problem so long as they disappear when you return the plunger.

so how come when I use a 23 gauge pin I actually get air to draw in from the needle, and yes one time I had blood draw in so I know what that is like, so if nothing is drawing into the needle how would you know if you hit a vein because if it wont draw air how will it draw blood?

you will definitely draw blood if you're inside a vein unless you're on a shitload of epo and your blood is so thick that it won't go through a 25g, but i doubt it...

1000fps is offline New Member
    there is alot more area inside of 23 ga pin then a 25ga pin. This may trap a small amount of air. This air expands greatly when it sees a vacuum. So long as it dissapears when you return the plunger. You in no trouble.

Kaz
    Kaz is offline Member
    dont pull too hard on that plunger bro or you will suck your ass into the pin!!

seriously though... the reason is the size of the pin, had exactly the same myself.

IronCy is offline Senior Member
    yeah, getting half of your ass outta 23g is harder than you think---like sticking your tongue on a frozen pole!!!!!!!(xmas story)
    -Cy

Thread Information