bmuhtneerg is offline New Member

Help!!!! Possible Infection

I took a shot of test prop on sunday in my calf and i know prop crystalizes and sometimes hurts like a b*tch but when i awoke this morning my whole calf was red and it still hurts like hell. I always thought if it was an infection it would start to get red around the injection site not turn my whole calf red, if anyone has had any experience with this could u please let me know. I hope it's not an infection but i don't want to let it go long before i get it checked so please help me out thanks

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bmuhtneerg
    I took a shot of test prop on sunday in my calf and i know prop crystalizes and sometimes hurts like a b*tch but when i awoke this morning my whole calf was red and it still hurts like hell. I always thought if it was an infection it would start to get red around the injection site not turn my whole calf red, if anyone has had any experience with this could u please let me know. I hope it's not an infection but i don't want to let it go long before i get it checked so please help me out thanks
    Calves are not a good place to inject... the ideal places are "white meat" areas, calves just like your chicken legs are dark meat. Only place in your leg area you can inject is your outter quads.

If your calves or feet start to swell up as a result of the injection, you will need to see a doctor, swollen feet can cause you to get blood clots that can cause stroke otherwise known as deep vein thrombosis. Otherwise if you dont swell up, then take it as a lesson and dont inject your calves anymore.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Is it hot to the touch? I got an infection in my thigh, and it wasn't pleasant. Watch it very carefully. I talked with my GF's dad (he's a dr) and he told me to let my body fight the infection. He's from Sweeden and says people in the US immediately jump to go see a dr. Well, the infection went away on it's own. I'm not one to think that was good advise, but you have to be very careful. Personally, I'd rather be safe than sorry. You might want a dr. to check it out.

GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member
    I would say to have a doc check it out. He will prolly give you some cefadroxil.

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    I have had injections sites turn red. Not just the site but the whole surrounding area. But I wasn't worried b/c it wasn't hot. It was just red. It cleared up in a few days. Now if its red and hot, I would go to the Dr.

Thread Information