ddoublevision is offline Associate Member

OK, so the feds are at your door....

READ!This is a great article, taken from the front page. After you read this if anybody has more info pertaining to the subject please state it. (I hope its okay to post this!!)

Controlled Deliveries
    By Rick Collins, J.D.

Controlled Deliveries

If investigators want to bust you for a juice package, their goal will be to get you to take possession of the package. There are two reasons: 1) once you accept a package of contraband, you can be arrested for possessing it; and 2) the feds will have generally obtained a warrant to search your house that cannot be executed until you accept the package.

That’s where your signature comes in. Signing for the package removes any argument that you didn’t accept it. Especially when it’s supported by the undercover agent’s testimony about the conversation that took place. “Are you Johnny Johnson?” You said, “Yes.” “Will you accept this package?” You said, “Of course!” and looked really excited when you saw the return address from China.

Could accepting possession be proven in other ways? Absolutely. The issue is determined by looking at everything you did and said. In the conversation we just described, you said you were the person who intended to receive the package, and you explicitly stated that you would accept it. The absence of a signature won’t magically protect you!

What if you refuse to sign, but try to accept the package verbally? A real courier wouldn’t give it to you if a signature was required, but let’s say this undercover agent courier would. Have you avoided an arrest and search? Of course not, because you’ve accepted the package! What’s more, your cagey behavior will be used against you to prove your knowledge of the illegal contents of the package – why else would you refuse to sign?

I’ve seen a number of cases where the target gets a funky feeling about the delivery guy and rejects the package. The undercover courier will then do everything possible to get the package into the target’s hands, with or without a signature. It’s the only way to execute the raid. In one desperate case, the courier blew his cover and flashed a badge. He summoned his partner, and the two asked to step inside to talk about the package. The target told them he had no idea what was in the package and that they most certainly could not come into his house. The agents said the package contained suspected drugs, and asked if they could open it. “Do what you want, it’s not my package.” They opened it, and inside were 500 Anabol tablets. “My mistake,” one agent said. “These are okay. You can import a personal use supply. Here, you can take them.” Nice try. The target told the agent to stick the tabs where the sun don’t shine and avoided an arrest and raid by the eight other agents skulking in wait just off the property.

Given the headaches presented by savvy suspects, law enforcers are taking a new approach: wiring the package to signal when it’s opened. When someone opens a package, that’s good evidence that he’s the one who knowingly intended to possess it, right? It might even be stronger evidence than signing for it. The application for the search warrant will request authorization to execute the raid once the signal goes off. Several jurisdictions have begun using electronic signaling devices, typically AT-4’s, to confirm that a target has opened his package. No part of the device is visible unless the package is opened. It makes no audible sound but transmits an alert signal to a remote receiver manned by the agents. These devices are perfect in cases where a signature request might spook the target. An AT-4 can make the difference between a botched operation and a valid arrest and raid. Be aware that it’s likely the wave of the future. [For a complete discussion of controlled deliveries, check out Legal Muscle].

needle is offline Senior Member
    wow thats some good info!!!

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Good info

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Thank goodness for people like Rick collins.

bigcat3727 is offline Junior Member
    Good to know

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Very good post bro... I've read alot of Rick Collins articles... Good info to know...

wink182 is offline Associate Member

wow

Cops will screw with a.s. and pull you over for speeding cuz they know we are not real criminals and will most likely say yes sir, no sir. I tell em around here to go raid a crackhouse if they wanna do something useful. They wont because they are scared, they know where all the crackhouses in town are and wont go near'em, they know those cats got AK's and will use em. pathetic.

GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member
    good post ddoublevision that is some real good info to know.

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    thanks for the info bro.

alex117k is offline Junior Member
    Help me out: as far as the new wave, hidden transmitters that signal when the package is opened - if I read that correctly they can't execute their warrant until you open the package, right?

They can't stake out a house for weeks hoping to get a small time user - they don't have the budget for it. So, I'm sure those transmitters have a limited range - what if you wait 2-3 weeks to open it.

Or, what if you toss it in your car, and open it when you're not at home - would they still be able to execute their warrant?

mass junkie is offline banned
    Good info

Drummerboy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alex117k
    Help me out: as far as the new wave, hidden transmitters that signal when the package is opened - if I read that correctly they can't execute their warrant until you open the package, right?

They can't stake out a house for weeks hoping to get a small time user - they don't have the budget for it. So, I'm sure those transmitters have a limited range - what if you wait 2-3 weeks to open it.

Or, what if you toss it in your car, and open it when you're not at home - would they still be able to execute their warrant?
    Hey you got a point there.... and it tickles the mind to wonder how many "officials" have toyed with aas, yet they'll arrest ya for it... hmmm (hope i dont get in crap for sayin that)

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    HOLY CRAP!!!! You guys keep them talking while I clean up real quick. Thanks bro, I owe you one.

Hahahahahahahaha

Seriously, good stuff......rick has a lot of good info...a must read for everyone.

t-money is offline Member
    To the top with this one. This is good ino for everyone to keep in mind at all times.

If something doesn't feel right, it probably isn't.

T

Thread Information