Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru

do steroids lower/boost immune system?

I am perticularly interested in testosterone ,deca ,eqs effects on the immune system?

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    It is my understanding tha corticosteriods do but not AS let's bump it up and see!

speedtraining is offline Senior Member
    boost you have another pint of blood in ur body.

bigrthanu is offline Associate Member
    I dont know but from experience id say they lower since when i was on, my cold would last for many more weeks and was very hard to get rid of

statuZ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrthanu
    I dont know but from experience id say they lower since when i was on, my cold would last for many more weeks and was very hard to get rid of
    maybe you had the test flu?1

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    I found when I ran tren in the winter I was more often sick than I was when just running prop in the summer. The seasons could have something to do with that but its just an observation.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2
    I am perticularly interested in testosterone,deca,eqs effects on the immune system?
    Testosterone and deca both can help the immune system, in low doses below 500 mg, all your immunity increases. It seems just as we have problems with excessive red blood cell count, white blood cell counts also increase equally, so we see increased acne (white puss in a pimple is made of white blood cells). In very high doses above 500 mg, there is a tendancy to have increased virus fighting capacity and unchanged or perhaps sometimes slightly weakened bacteria fighting capacity.

Steroids are given to aids patients because not only does it stock weight and muscle mass back on, but it generally increases WBC and sometimes makes your anti-aids antibodies stronger to fight the aids virus itself.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne
    I found when I ran tren in the winter I was more often sick than I was when just running prop in the summer. The seasons could have something to do with that but its just an observation.
    Problem with steroids is, if you dont take enough protein to support the muscle growth and other things the steroid is doing, your body will canabolize your immune system to find more protein. This same thing happens for anyone overtraining, so if you have persistent sickness problems while on roids, you are either overtraining or not consuming enough protein. There is also a possible issue of being unable to absorb/use milk source protein as some people are lactose intollerant or have great difficulty digesting dairy products, this could be a contributing factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    Problem with steroids is, if you dont take enough protein to support the muscle growth and other things the steroid is doing, your body will canabolize your immune system to find more protein. This same thing happens for anyone overtraining, so if you have persistent sickness problems while on roids, you are either overtraining or not consuming enough protein. There is also a possible issue of being unable to absorb/use milk source protein as some people are lactose intollerant or have great difficulty digesting dairy products, this could be a contributing factor.
    Neither of the above are remotely factors. I have seen posts from numerous bros who have sickness issues with tren . Hell I specifically remember a BDTR post where he said he was cutting his tren because of all of the sickness he had been having. If you have ever seen his diet you would know that protein is far from a shortage. I take in 1.5g/lb every single day regardless of cycle or not so that is not an issue. I'm not lactose intolerant so that is not an issue. All you have to do is take a shot of tren and get that hellacious cough and realize that cant be healthy. No other AAS compound effects the body the way tren does (sweating, cough, acne, etc) so there must be some correlation to frequent sickness in tren alone.

Tose22 is offline Associate Member
    i may not be correct at all on this one, but when taking AAS your red blood cells increase drastically, leaving your white blood cells out numbered. Your white blood cells are the ones that fight against sickness, and they have an extremely hard time of doing this when the ratio of red to white blood cells are extremely different. I could be wrong, but i believe i read this in a medical book somewhere, and yes this is only when AAS's are used in heavy amounts, not low amounts where it can be very beneficial for someone sick like someone that has cancer
    Last edited by Tose22; 11-09-2004 at 10:59 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne
    Neither of the above are remotely factors. I have seen posts from numerous bros who have sickness issues with tren. Hell I specifically remember a BDTR post where he said he was cutting his tren because of all of the sickness he had been having. If you have ever seen his diet you would know that protein is far from a shortage. I take in 1.5g/lb every single day regardless of cycle or not so that is not an issue. I'm not lactose intolerant so that is not an issue. All you have to do is take a shot of tren and get that hellacious cough and realize that cant be healthy. No other AAS compound effects the body the way tren does (sweating, cough, acne, etc) so there must be some correlation to frequent sickness in tren alone.
    Thats one reason why I only mentioned deca and testosterone . I have not read data on other compounds and tren as I understand it was only used for animals and no human testing. There are many many drugs other then steroids that cause psuedo-flu like simptoms. Even alergies to pollen can trigger flu like simptoms, probably in these cases something like benedril can help as we know you dont have the flu (or maybe you do) but I think some of this is a histamine type response to the steroid or its esters?

Thats one reason why I only mentioned deca and testosterone. I have not read data on other compounds and tren as I understand it was only used for animals and no human testing. There are many many drugs other then steroids that cause psuedo-flu like simptoms. Even alergies to pollen can trigger flu like simptoms, probably in these cases something like benedril can help as we know you dont have the flu (or maybe you do) but I think some of this is a histamine type response to the steroid or its esters?
    I agree that test and deca do enhance your immune system or at least cause no negative effects. You see where lots of guys get ill from Boldenone Propinate and Nandrolone PhenylPropinate as well as Tren . I by no means know the specifics of why this is but clearly Bold Prop has some adverse effects just ask Vette I know he for one loves it.

bowie is offline Member
    Testosterone and deca both can help the immune system, in low doses below 500 mg, all your immunity increases. It seems just as we have problems with excessive red blood cell count, white blood cell counts also increase equally, so we see increased acne (white puss in a pimple is made of white blood cells). In very high doses above 500 mg, there is a tendancy to have increased virus fighting capacity and unchanged or perhaps sometimes slightly weakened bacteria fighting capacity.

Steroids are given to aids patients because not only does it stock weight and muscle mass back on, but it generally increases WBC and sometimes makes your anti-aids antibodies stronger to fight the aids virus itself.
    agreed, on cycle I never get sick,but often get a sore throat. Last cycle I got a bacterial infection in my lungs.

GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrthanu

Test flu bro it is a bitch..

Research Michael Mooney, and his book "Built to Survive."
    Also: Dr. Nelson Vergel

DUANABOL is offline New Member
    Steroids LOWER your immune system period! I know it's not what you want to hear, but it's REALITY.
    Last edited by DUANABOL; 11-10-2004 at 07:57 AM.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    how and why?? can you refer me to somwhere online

bigrthanu is offline Associate Member
    Believe me it wasnt Test flu, I got that earlier in the cycle, this was a freakin cold that wouldnt die, I dont know if it was just coincidence but usually I fight off a cold in a week, this one took two - three weeks to get rid of.

Thread Information