Thread: Keeping gains

fredtaylor is offline Junior Member

Keeping gains

What is the average amount of weight you can expect to keep after a 12 week 500mg test cycle?? Assuming you follow proper PCT I figure you can probably keep about 10 pounds for your first couple of cycles.

Anybody have any other thoughts??

JoeB is offline Associate Member
    It would depend on many things: training, diet, PCT, how close you are to your genetic limit, how much you gained while on, ....

fredtaylor is offline Junior Member
    Last cycle I kept about 15 pounds which I was very happy with. Training and diet will be in check.

Lets here it, how did you guys do in your first couple of cycles???

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    i keep most of my gains all the time. maybe lose 5 lbs or so

Dimes is offline Senior Member
    Ithink it goess from 25% to 50% most of the time.

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    The Truth Of It Is You Wont Keep Any Of Your Gains If You Dont Continue A Cycle...now Hold On Before You Jump All Over This.what I Mean Is If You Do One Cycle And Gain 20 Pounds,assuming You Were At Your Genetic Limit When Starting.then Once Your Test Levels Drop Back To Normal There Is No Way You Will Be Able To Maintain The Extra Muscle.your Body Just Wasnt Designed For It.for Proof Just Look At All The Pro Bb's After They Retire(clean Up) They Are Not 1/2 The Size They Were While Competing.now Granted The Diet And Training Are Different.but If You Were Able To Maintain The Muscle Through Proper Pct Then It Would Never Deminish...correct??you Are Only Misleading Yourself Thinking It Is Possable To Keep All The Muscle(not Water)you Gained After A Cycle Without Continuous Cycles.

Just My Opinion.but Through Personal Experience I Know How My Body Changes During And After A Cycle Even With Proper Pct.you Loss Alot Of Strength.if You Cannot Move As Much Weight Then What Will Keep Those Muscles From Shrinking.if I Can Bench 500# While On But Only 400# Off There Is No Way My Pecs Will Keep Their Size,they Dont Have To Because They Are Not Being Stressed As Much,even Know 400# Now Feels Like 500#.it Just Isnt The Same

bigrthanu is offline Associate Member
    Very True, You can never keep your gains from a cycle in the long run if you have reached your naturaql genetic peak you are destined to shrink. You can slow the process but eventually you will shrink back.

staybig@gym is offline New Member
    I Realy Agree With Devldog...good Point.

Thread Information