schering is offline Junior Member

Help! elbows killing me!

having trouble with bad aches and pains in my elbows and it feels like in my bones on my forearms, elbows, and sometimes knees. Whenever I'm working I feel it for most of the day however when I'm at the gym this pain is not there. I do manual labor so I'm constantly moving and lifting but not as heavy weight as the gym. Any suggestions? I had this problem before my cycle. Could this just be unhealthy joints or lack of calcium?

Eazy20 is offline Member
    Could be minor stress fractures from heavy lifting...Those hurt like a b*tch especially if you continue to work on them

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by schering View Post
    having trouble with bad aches and pains in my elbows and it feels like in my bones on my forearms, elbows, and sometimes knees. Whenever I'm working I feel it for most of the day however when I'm at the gym this pain is not there. I do manual labor so I'm constantly moving and lifting but not as heavy weight as the gym. Any suggestions? I had this problem before my cycle. Could this just be unhealthy joints or lack of calcium?
    Are you on gear? I know some people take cissus and/or glucosamine for that stuff. I never got any relief with that crap, but others swear by it. So it's worth a try.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    take a break, training on it wont improve the situation

gymnerd is offline Senior Member
    Yep, back off thats the only thing that will help. Dont listen to anyone who tells you to use deca , hgh, cissus or anything else for that matter. if your harming your body it needs to heal.

Necrosaro is offline Senior Member
    Vitamin P is great for my injuries and might just work for you as well. Take 500mgs with the break and see how things go. Usually it is good to take it for a good month or more!

^ yea vitamin p huh? Funny, well I have been out of the gym for 3 days I'm goin back today and I am on deca , test e, And dbol
    But yea the pain is bad its like its inside my bones and rubbing it doesn't do shit neither does otc meds however after the gym when they start aching if I drink my shake and creatine plus water its gone in about an hour. Not sure if that has anything to do with it but I'm really pumped up all the time and energy is through the roof I can't keep takin time out of the gym!

5x10 is offline Associate Member
    ice it when its irritated, get some icy hot and do plenty of warmup sets prior to working it out
    drop the weights down on the lifts they are hurting on

the deca should be helping, im starting week 4 and my right elbow pain is subsiding

F-Genetics is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Are you on gear? I know some people take cissus and/or glucosamine for that stuff. I never got any relief with that crap, but others swear by it. So it's worth a try.
    The problem is Glucosamine takes about 6 months + to see positive side effects. I had knee surgery, and my Physical therapist and DR. recommended it. But I was on glucosamine, MSM, and Chondrotin (not sure if I spelled the latter right). I took them for a year per their recommendations and it helped, but it will not help in the immediate situation. If you do manual labor, then you should start taking those supplements I listed daily. In the long run the will probably help. I work on the railroad and have many friends who are battered from the physical work, and would have benefited from these particular supplements. Per what I have experienced and been told. But I am sure there is a study out there that might repudiate what I just posted...lol
    Last edited by F-Genetics; 03-23-2011 at 11:24 AM. Reason: I was not finished typing

F-Genetics is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5x10 View Post
    ice it when its irritated, get some icy hot and do plenty of warmup sets prior to working it out
    drop the weights down on the lifts they are hurting on

the deca should be helping, im starting week 4 and my right elbow pain is subsiding
    Deca is not a cure all and can mask some issues, just keep in mind that the issue has not been resolved because the pain has been removed...It should help with the pain, after 4 weeks or so. But I would still take it easy..

5x10 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by F-Genetics View Post
    Deca is not a cure all and can mask some issues, just keep in mind that the issue has not been resolved because the pain has been removed...It should help with the pain, after 4 weeks or so. But I would still take it easy..
    agreed! ice/tylenol plus warming it up always works the best for me

APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Reduce weight(s), Ice, Advil & buy the Tennis Elbow foam raps from Sports Authority and wear them on your upper forearms. I'm just went through this. It can take months, months & months to heal completely....

I appreciate all the good info and tips, but damn reduce the weights is the last thing I want to hear but I'm sure that's gonna prevent further damage if any already. It really doesn't matter which weight I choose to drop, chest and tricep days and bicep and back days pretty much anytime I'm using my arms the bones will ache, however it has gotten less painful maybe from deca it is week 4 just about. This really sucks because all I want to do is lift heavier weights everytime I go!! I'll have to look into those supplements before getting anything. Taking something is better than doing nothing as long as it works I guess.

gymnerd is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by schering View Post
    I appreciate all the good info and tips, but damn reduce the weights is the last thing I want to hear but I'm sure that's gonna prevent further damage if any already. It really doesn't matter which weight I choose to drop, chest and tricep days and bicep and back days pretty much anytime I'm using my arms the bones will ache, however it has gotten less painful maybe from deca it is week 4 just about. This really sucks because all I want to do is lift heavier weights everytime I go!! I'll have to look into those supplements before getting anything. Taking something is better than doing nothing as long as it works I guess.

Yeah, most of us have that mentality but its not untill we reallize that a wk or 2 of workouts wont make any difference over a long term but a chronic injury that can take a year to heal will if you keep lifting on it maybe 2 wks if you treatit and rest it right away.

Thread Information