kman is offline Anabolic Member

Cholesterol Level

1 week after my PCT, and my total cholesterol was 88, HDL was 50, and LDL was 32. Could nolva, or liquidex lower these to such a level, The doc said he has never seen levels this low. I am 24 yrs old and am highly active, and can't remember the last time I ate something bad,it has been years. ANYONE?

bigrthanu is offline Associate Member
    nolva is supposed to have a possitive effect on lipid profiles, did you run liquidex right through PCT?

Quote Originally Posted by bigrthanu
    nolva is supposed to have a possitive effect on lipid profiles, did you run liquidex right through PCT?
    yes I did, is there such a thing as too low of a cholesterol level?, and do I fit in that category? What is some of your guys cholesterol levels?

BUMP, anyone,,, can someone give me the average cholesterol level for a young male?

Fit2bLarge is offline Associate Member
    ldex destroys my lipids (cholesterol). get on nolva at 20mg ED for a few weeks. keep diet clean and go retest. unless there's something really wrong with you, your levels should go back to normal within a few weeks.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kman
    BUMP, anyone,,, can someone give me the average cholesterol level for a young male?
    You can probably afford to add some wendy's burgers to your diet.

I believe you want an HDL of 40 or higher, total cholesterol of about 125 to 150 is perfectly healthy.

Its like this, one cycle I did with Ldex as my primary anti-e, I had total cholesterol of about 230 and HDL cholesterol of 18, triglicerides right at 300.

Next cycle I did Nolvadex as my primary anti-e and my total cholesterol was 160, HDL cholesterol was 48, triglicerides was 200 (at normal). The nolvadex had adjusted my lipid profile and was profoundly better. Doctor said he never seen anyone turn around bad cholesterol into being so favorable in just 9 months although I have to admit, I never told him of my steroid use or the Nolvadex.

Guess what?? I ate MORE Wendy's Triple burgers in during the period that I came out with the better cholesterol picture and hate much more healthier and cleaner with the worst cholesterol reading. The only other difference was which anti-E I was using. Also the better cholesterol picture, I was on higher doses of steroids for much longer period of time which are all supposed to be things that would favor a worst cholesterol reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Fit2bLarge
    ldex destroys my lipids (cholesterol). get on nolva at 20mg ED for a few weeks. keep diet clean and go retest. unless there's something really wrong with you, your levels should go back to normal within a few weeks.
    bro my diet is clean as hell, hence the low cholesterol, and I am on was on 20 mg of nolva ed PCT.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    You can probably afford to add some wendy's burgers to your diet.

I believe you want an HDL of 40 or higher, total cholesterol of about 125 to 150 is perfectly healthy.

Its like this, one cycle I did with Ldex as my primary anti-e, I had total cholesterol of about 230 and HDL cholesterol of 18, triglicerides right at 300.

Next cycle I did Nolvadex as my primary anti-e and my total cholesterol was 160, HDL cholesterol was 48, triglicerides was 200 (at normal). The nolvadex had adjusted my lipid profile and was profoundly better. Doctor said he never seen anyone turn around bad cholesterol into being so favorable in just 9 months although I have to admit, I never told him of my steroid use or the Nolvadex.

Guess what?? I ate MORE Wendy's Triple burgers in during the period that I came out with the better cholesterol picture and hate much more healthier and cleaner with the worst cholesterol reading. The only other difference was which anti-E I was using. Also the better cholesterol picture, I was on higher doses of steroids for much longer period of time which are all supposed to be things that would favor a worst cholesterol reading.
    thanx bro, so you are saying to throw some crap food that is high in cholesterol in the mix every now and then. I am not to familar with cholesterol, but thought the lower the better. AM I TO LOW? Correct me if I am wrong but in an old post did you not have a total cholesterol of 85, or was that someone else, not sure? Also I think I would feel to guilty if I ate wendys, even on my cheat day. Do you think the use of nolva througout my cycle and PCT just lowered my levels, or is it due to my diet? thanx bro

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kman
    thanx bro, so you are saying to throw some crap food that is high in cholesterol in the mix every now and then. I am not to familar with cholesterol, but thought the lower the better. AM I TO LOW? Correct me if I am wrong but in an old post did you not have a total cholesterol of 85, or was that someone else, not sure? Also I think I would feel to guilty if I ate wendys, even on my cheat day. Do you think the use of nolva througout my cycle and PCT just lowered my levels, or is it due to my diet? thanx bro
    I think you are too low yes. The fact is, we NEED cholesterol, we just dont need to have too much of it. Your brain, nervous system, natural hormone production, etc everything requires cholesterol. I think a healthy level is about 125 so 88 total cholesterol is little bit too low. I understand modern thinking is now changing some so that as long as you have HDL cholesterol (good cholesterol) over 40, then it doesnt matter how much LDL you have, the HDL will protect you. At your below 40 HDL cholesterol, you are not out of the woods, you actually dont have enough of the good cholesterol and because good cholesterol is actually made out of the bad cholesterol, your low numbers might be a result of just plain being so low on total cholesterol. You are looking so **** good, like I said, you can afford to have some Wendy's burgers, just dont make a daily habit of it or you can kiss those abs goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    I think you are too low yes. The fact is, we NEED cholesterol, we just dont need to have too much of it. Your brain, nervous system, natural hormone production, etc everything requires cholesterol. I think a healthy level is about 125 so 88 total cholesterol is little bit too low. I understand modern thinking is now changing some so that as long as you have HDL cholesterol (good cholesterol) over 40, then it doesnt matter how much LDL you have, the HDL will protect you. At your below 40 HDL cholesterol, you are not out of the woods, you actually dont have enough of the good cholesterol and because good cholesterol is actually made out of the bad cholesterol, your low numbers might be a result of just plain being so low on total cholesterol. You are looking so **** good, like I said, you can afford to have some Wendy's burgers, just dont make a daily habit of it or you can kiss those abs goodbye.
    thanx for all your help, also my HDL is at 50 not below 40. Thanx again

Tahq is offline Junior Member
    Your overall cholesteral does seem a bit low, but your HDL is good so your only low on your 'bad' cholesteral. The only negative I can recall reading as a possible side of low cholesteral is depression, but if your happy and your doc is good with your numbers then I would guess all is well.

Thread Information