SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member

Propecia vs. Nizoral/Minoxidil?

I try to get my answers from existing posts, but I couldn't quite find this one. I have been on Propecia for five years now. Within the last year or so, I've noticed some libido changes. I'm only 30 so I don't think it's age-related. Luckily, I was blessed with above average performance to begin with so the women aren't noticing, but I am and I want to stop/reverse it before it gets worse.

My questions are:
    Could the Propecia be doing this to me now after four or five years?

Is it possible that in the first three years my test levels were so high that I didn't have any sides, but NOW the sides are coming out?

Finally, should I chuck the propecia all together for a minoxidil/nizoral combo so my systemic DHT levels are unaffected?

Does anyone else here fight MPD WITHOUT Propecia and are successful?

Thanks in advance bros

bowie is offline Member
    minoxidil DOES NOT WORK, you get a little peach fuss that falls back out once you stop taking it,you will never fill in a bald spot from it. Propecia/proscar is the only real thing that works by not allowing the test to convert into the bad side of the force.As for libido it is possible after long term use to drop a bit,nothing that a little test and some hcg /clomid once in a while to keep you regular.

as-addicted is offline Junior Member
    Hey Smyl did you notice shedding when you first started the med? I'm just curious

Shedding? No. Actually, I noticed significant regrowth which has mantained over the past five years. I don't want to lose this regrowth, but I'm starting to wonder about the long term effects of DHT suppression. I was just thinking conceptually about inhibiting DHT in the scalp only and not the body.

kubano28 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SMYL_GR8
    Shedding? No. Actually, I noticed significant regrowth which has mantained over the past five years. I don't want to lose this regrowth, but I'm starting to wonder about the long term effects of DHT suppression. I was just thinking conceptually about inhibiting DHT in the scalp only and not the body.

bro if u didnt have a problem with libido in the first 5 years then i sure that the problem is not propecia,but if are really concern about hairloss do research on (dutasteride) and u will see a better choice than propecia,and for minoxodil it did work for me specially in the (vertex) ,the back of ur head ,it wont work if u try it in front of the head,receing lines.

Quote Originally Posted by kubano28
    bro if u didnt have a problem with libido in the first 5 years then i sure that the problem is not propecia,but if are really concern about hairloss do research on (dutasteride) and u will see a better choice than propecia,and for minoxodil it did work for me specially in the (vertex) ,the back of ur head ,it wont work if u try it in front of the head,receing lines.
    Well, like I said, my test might have been so high five years ago that no side effects occurred. I will look into the dutasteride. Thanks.

RockSolid is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by as-addicted
    Hey Smyl did you notice shedding when you first started the med? I'm just curious
    it is normal to shed hair, when you first take propecia. Its the dead hair cells falling out, after the sheeding period, healty hair will grow back.

Thread Information