Thread: Ecdysterone?

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member

Ecdysterone?

Anyone have any experience with this product. I was reading up about it at BodyBuilding.com and found it pretty interesting. Though I am wery about its claims. I think it is just another gimic..... Has anyone seen results from this stuff???

Heres the link:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ecdy.html

bump, just want some replies

B182 is offline New Member
    There's a good article on it at testosterone .net -find it on their search engine.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    FullIntensity,

I've taken it before with no success, except the fact, my wallet seemed lighter.... . Save your money.

P

Originally posted by PaPaPumP
    FullIntensity,

I've taken it before with no success, except the fact, my wallet seemed lighter.... . Save your money.

P
    another gimic........thats what i assumed

MuscleGuru is offline Banned
    it does the exact opposite of what it claims to do according to ast sports science

physio_sport is offline Banned
    its compleate rubbish all test have been done on rats and not on humans because the dosage humans need to even see the littlest effect is about 800-900mg every day for about a month and the dosage they give you in the bottle is the same dosage they gave the rats in there test.
    you might as well get dianabol it will cost you about 1/4 of the price and it does exactally what is says on the label.

pureanger is offline Senior Member
    Why waste your money on otc drugs when the real stuff works so much better the only thing the otc drugs mimic is the side effects of the gear and they don give you half the benifits

muscleU is offline Junior Member
    where did you see that study of 800mg or 900mg of ecdysterone? I thought research was done on athletes using 200 mb of ecdysterone a day.

IronCy is offline Senior Member
    I tried the EAS ectdysterone...got through about 10 pills and gave up, what a waiste of 50 bucks...bah. Save your money!
    -Cy

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    I sell it and will tell you it's junk. Save your money or spend it elsewhere

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I try the EAS stuff the first month I gained 6lbs of muscle and lost 5lbs of fat. Thought I was on to somthing good, but that was it, waste of money after that. I think it was the diet change that give me the results.

JohnnyB

tadpoleboyy is offline Member

pub med abstract

Institute of Entomology, Czech Academy of Sciences, Praha, Czech Republic.

Ecdysteroids are hormones controlling cell proliferation, growth and the developmental cycles of insects and other invertebrates. They are occasionally present in various unrelated plants for no apparent reason; no phytohormonal function has yet been identified. In certain cases, ecdysteroids are accumulated to high levels in leaves, roots or seeds. Some ecdysteroid-containing plants have been known as medicinal plants for centuries. One of them, Leuzea carthamoides Iljin (Asteraceae), growing in Central Asia, contains 0.4% ecdysteroid in dry roots and 2% in seeds. A pharmacological preparation from this plant, "Ecdisten', is already available as a commercial preparation for its anabolic , tonic and other effects, for medical use (review). It remained problematic, however, whether ecdysteroids were truly responsible for these effects, because Leuzea contains a number of other biologically active compounds in addition to ecdysteroids. We extracted and purified ecdysteroids from the seeds of Leuzea. With 6 g of 96% 20-hydroxyecdysone (20E), we made a large-scale feeding assay with Japanese quail to find out whether ecdysteroid alone could duplicate the anabolic effects of the seeds. We found that the 96% ecdysteroid increased the mass of the developing quails in a dose-dependent manner, with the rate of increase proportional to the ecdysteroid content in the seeds; there was a 115% increase in living mass with 100 mg kg-1 of pure 20E compared with 109.5% increase with 100-180 mg kg-1 20E equivalents in the seeds. We conclude that the plethora of growth-promoting, vitamin-like effects induced in vertebrates by Leuzea is mediated by ecdysteroids.

PMID: 8698114 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

ecdysone and such are insect molting hormones. Many plants produce them as a natural defense against insects. When an insect eats such a plant, the ecdysone interferes with normal molting patterns, which can kill or render the insect helpless while it waits for its exoskeleton to harden again. just so you know...

gooer is offline Associate Member
    yeah ive tried it, minor gains but not worth the $$

gives you good night sleep with lucid weird dreams though

Thread Information