peump is offline Senior Member

Body Fat and Steroids

ive recently obtained the gear i need for my next cycle but my bf% is sitting high at about 20-25%. Should i lose more fat before i pack on muscle, or should i get as big as possible and then use my new muscle to burn up that FAT. I know if i lose the fat first i will be able to see my gains in the form of ripped up muscle. But would it not be easier to lose my fat after i add more fat burning muscle? please help

frank_frank is offline Senior Member
    i think u should try adn fix your diet and cardio for a while before u start the juice..improve as much as u can naturally and then start

this is sound advice that i will not argue with. Is there anyone else with some input on this? Does anyone agree that more muscle equals better fat burning potential?

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peump
    this is sound advice that i will not argue with. Is there anyone else with some input on this? Does anyone agree that more muscle equals better fat burning potential?

If you bulk then cut you risk losing your gains with that high of bf % plus at the high of bf your bp might get higher then you would like when on the juice.

Cut then bulk would be your best bet.

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    If you are going to do a bulking cycle your Bf% will raise during your cycle. If you cycle with your BF% that high you will end up being pretty fat. 20-25% BF is alot of dieting and would take longer to loose than most cycles would last..

persia is offline New Member
    Im Abviously Not As Experienced As These Guys
    But Wouldnt A Cutting Cycle Such As Eq And Winstrol Do Good

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    He hasnt really given his stats or anything to really suggest anything to him. In most cases I would say bulk before cut. But with that percentage of body fat he really has some natural work to do before even cycling or taking T3, clen or something like that.

One thing to take into consideration is if he was to do a cutting cycle, is he even in good enough shape underneath all that fat to worry about loosing some of it.

PowerTheory is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by frank_frank
    i think u should try adn fix your diet and cardio for a while before u start the juice..improve as much as u can naturally and then start
    Def... fix your diet man.. you'll make better gain when your on JUICE instead of just getting more fat

im 5'11" 250lbs training for 6 years, and planned on bulking up then try to lose my fat. as far as whether im in shape or not ive always been an athlete im just fat. i work out at least 4 days out of the week but only weight training. i admit my diet is not ideal.( i only monitor my protein intake) Im contemplating on lots of cardio and dieting in order to bring down the bf% then bulk up and build muscle or should i go ahead and build more muscle, then utilize that to help me burn my fat post cycle, seeing how muscle burns fat.

thank for any input
    Last edited by peump; 11-15-2004 at 02:44 AM.

Dimes is offline Senior Member
    I started a bulking cycle at 19%bf... up to 20% body fat, it is still could condition according to the charts, so get the exact amount of bodyfat you have and then go from there.

Pork Chop is offline Member
    some people believe it's best to cycle and maintain a constant "pre-contest" condition.

i persnally believe it's best to take full advantage of getting as big and strong as possible while on cycle, and worry about trimming when it's done.. it will also be much easier!

Jackman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by persia
    Im Abviously Not As Experienced As These Guys
    But Wouldnt A Cutting Cycle Such As Eq And Winstrol Do Good
    no, dont watse a first cycle on a cutter.

GrantC5 is offline Associate Member
    My opinion is cut the weight, suffer a little with a low calorie clean diet for a few months and start with a lean base. You will gain good solid muscle and won't have to worry about losing it while dieting and in a cutting phase. Some people do the opposite but this is what works for me.

sbeast007 is offline Senior Member
    i'm currently on a cycle of sust250, dbol and anapolon
    my body fat wasnt great before i started but all this test is making me work so hard that the fat is being blown away.

A) lose fat then add muscle?

or

B) add muscle then lose fat?

Imdealnjuice is offline Banned
    Hey man you just need to change your diet, try doing more cardio, when the weight comes off then juice.

A or B?

Sta11ion is offline Member
    That is extremely high, 25% body fat, I would strongly recommend you dieting down... try getting your diet in tuned. Even if you are bulking you should not exceed 16% body fat that is alot of fat considering if you weigh in at 200 pounds that would equal to 32 pounds of fat. It would make it much more difficult to get to a leaner body fat.

civic mick is offline Junior Member
    your very impatient every1 has told you what to do mate i was in a similar situation to you and i went along the clean ya diet up and carido 5 days a week for 20-30 mins and boy does the weight drop off try adding sum ephadrine to boost the fat burning process or hydroicut it wont take to long i lose 21 lbs in 7 weeks and ive started my course and ive hardly put fa on just holdin water its best way get in shape then jucie up and dont try and run before you can walk

civic mick is offline Junior Member
    could some1 post a pic of sum1 with say 15% body fat and a pic of sum1 with say 25%coz im curious of wat a person would look like with the different amounts of fat plus id like 2 roughly gauge myself

AnabolicAlien Guest

no no no...

do NOT cycle at this point.

get your diet and cardio in check first. you first cycle should be a bulking one. obviously you aren't taking bodybuilding seriously if your body fat is that high. if you were training hard enough it wouldn't be.

get this in order and then cycle. not doing cardio is a serious problem. it effects your endurance and can actually take away from your lifting, contrary to what some lazy people who don't want to do cardio will try to tell u.

do cardio in the am on an empty stomach or with water, possibly caffeine and ephedrine.

A.A.

Adipose tissue contains alot of estrogen receptors.

More fat = more estrogen receptors

More estrogen receptors = more side effects

2timer is offline Senior Member
    people will tell you to don't and they might be right. but more muscle does cause more fat lost. but the whole point of steroid is to gain so you have to eat sloppy. but it depends where your goals are. try to loose 10-20lbs naturally then hit the roids. good luck. trust me a sound diet and you can loose 10-20lbs a month. I have done it.

Fit2bLarge is offline Associate Member
    i wouldnt start a bulker until you were at least 15% bodyfat

Dan Duchaine said 9%....and to not bulk past 12%. I think that's good advice, aestetically...I stay at around 9ish%.

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Bro cut the fat first - your body will thank you for it - Bp will get too high if you don't drop the fat

well the answer to my question is quite clear. id like to thank everyone for their input. this is a prime example of how these forums can be utilized as a very valuable tool.

First thing tommorrow morning i will start my cardio on an empty stomach along with a clean diet and an ECA stack. wish me luck

Pork Chop is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    Adipose tissue contains alot of estrogen receptors.

More fat = more estrogen receptors

More estrogen receptors = more side effects
    you're saying the fuller the fat cells are, the greater risk of sides?

Thread Information