Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1
    JdFlex's Avatar
    JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,158

    Arm keeps falling asleep

    To preface, I just took my last shot of test e this past Sunday. That is the end of my 10 week test e cycle at 500mg per week. I also took 5mg finasteride and .25mg ldex every day throughout the cycle. Last Friday, I noticed my arm has that pins & needles feeling like it is falling asleep. As I sit here typing this I still have that feeling. Just in my right arm, and its the whole arm from my bicep down to my fingers. During the cycle, I've noticed that my heart rate has increased and I run out of breathe easily. I attribute these effects to an increase in blood pressure. I'm wondering if the increase in BP is now making my arm fall sleep. Since my last shot was Sunday, I expect my BP to return to normal shortly. But my plan was to start clen next week. I don't know if that's such a good idea while my BP is still high. Any ideas as to what's causing my arm to constantly feel like its asleep?

  2. #2
    ducati996's Avatar
    ducati996 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    The GYM
    Posts
    295
    I dont know the answer but I do recall my arm falling asleep also. Only when I was sleeping I would wake up with my arm asleep. It would actually wake me up. It happened a bunch of times and I was not laying on it any of the times. It hasent happened at all lately but I do recall it happening. What could it be????

  3. #3
    JdFlex's Avatar
    JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,158
    Thanks for the input. My arms always fall asleep while I'm sleeping. But this is weird, this is all the time. 24/7. Its not totally asleep to the point where I can't use it. Its like the preliminary stage where the pins and needles start. When I make a fist tightly I can really feel the pins and needles up and down my arm. I just want to see if anyone thinks this could be dangerous in a medical sense.

  4. #4
    GrantC5 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    393
    I would have it checked out just to be safe but if it makes you feel any better mine do it on and off of a cycle. I know they fall asleep at night because of the way I lay with my hands tucked under my side. My shoulders are extremely large maybe over developed so if they are pinched in anyway they fall asleep. I believe in my case its the same during daily things I have noticed if I sit up more stretching my shoulders and traps my arms don't fall asleep.

  5. #5
    tycin's Avatar
    tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Vancouver/Edmonton
    Posts
    3,717
    my hand arms always fall asleep bro its fine, a lot of guys get that while ona cycle

  6. #6
    crane's Avatar
    crane is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    central gerzy
    Posts
    485
    same thing for me.

    i think maybe it is just when your muscles grow they put presure on the nerves and that is the tingling.

  7. #7
    djboots's Avatar
    djboots is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    499
    i get the same thing. it is weird

  8. #8
    JdFlex's Avatar
    JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,158
    Thanks all. Since my cycle is over, I'm just gonna ride it out and expect it to go away.

  9. #9
    Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,886
    Quote Originally Posted by JdJuicer
    To preface, I just took my last shot of test e this past Sunday. That is the end of my 10 week test e cycle at 500mg per week. I also took 5mg finasteride and .25mg ldex every day throughout the cycle. Last Friday, I noticed my arm has that pins & needles feeling like it is falling asleep. As I sit here typing this I still have that feeling. Just in my right arm, and its the whole arm from my bicep down to my fingers. During the cycle, I've noticed that my heart rate has increased and I run out of breathe easily. I attribute these effects to an increase in blood pressure. I'm wondering if the increase in BP is now making my arm fall sleep. Since my last shot was Sunday, I expect my BP to return to normal shortly. But my plan was to start clen next week. I don't know if that's such a good idea while my BP is still high. Any ideas as to what's causing my arm to constantly feel like its asleep?
    Nope nothing to do with poor circulation or blood pressure. Most of the time it happens WHILE you are lifting weights and getting a big pump in your arms or while sleeping. It also happens when laying on back and not necessarily when laying on one side or another and if you arms get really big it can happen when NOT on a cycle at all. It has to do with just the size of your arms, when they get really big and very lean at the same time, you get compression of the nerves. From what I understand is the problem point is actually more in the shoulders rather then in the arms so growing big delts, shoulders, traps, lats, etc is the culprit and this is why you can have both arms go to sleep at the same time while laying on your back.

    This is also so common among steroid users that might not be all that big yet, and also non-steroid users with lots of development, that something like 90% of us experience the pins and needles of the arms thing. For some reason though it happens to steroid users of somewhat smaller size then more developed and bigger non-steroid users, its probably because of size gained faster then your body can make adjustments for as it happens. Also lets say you got a guy with 25% body fat and 19 inch arms, these guys dont always get the pins and needles fingers, this is because the fat cushions the nerve so the key is someone with real lean arms. What also factors is, your arms tend to not have as much fat as other places in your body, its not unusual for someone with 13% overall body fat to only have 6% body fat in the arms/shoulders.

  10. #10
    Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,886
    Quote Originally Posted by JdJuicer
    Thanks all. Since my cycle is over, I'm just gonna ride it out and expect it to go away.
    Dont expect it to unless you loose some arm/shoulder muscle mass and/or gain fat in these areas. My pins and needles arms have lasted right thru the entire PCT and beyond. Steroids are not the direct cause of this, its the large size and being so lean/low on fat at the same time that does.

  11. #11
    Stumbo's Avatar
    Stumbo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,233
    I get that feeling a lot as well, even when on m1t I would get that feeling a lot.

  12. #12
    JdFlex's Avatar
    JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    Dont expect it to unless you loose some arm/shoulder muscle mass and/or gain fat in these areas. My pins and needles arms have lasted right thru the entire PCT and beyond. Steroids are not the direct cause of this, its the large size and being so lean/low on fat at the same time that does.
    Interesting theory. I'm going on a cutting diet soon, sounds like that will exacerbate the situation.

  13. #13
    Rob's Avatar
    Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    ONTARIO
    Posts
    3,201
    I was once woke up from a night of drinking, and my arm was asleep so i couldnt feel it..when i touched and rubbed it i thought i was rubbing some other guy..thought i did sometihng gay when i was wrecked the night before..close call

  14. #14
    JdFlex's Avatar
    JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,158
    My arm is still tingling like it is falling asleep. That makes it a week its been feeling like this. And its 24/7, not only while sleeping. Its even worse after the gym today. I was doing lat pulldowns and every rep felt like some kind of electrical pulse going through my arm. It intensified with every rep, so I quit at 6. This is not good. Any thoughts?

  15. #15
    MikeMC's Avatar
    MikeMC is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    25
    happens to me while on cycle, my shoulders and cuff muscles are so over developed from swmming and baseball..that i can't keep my arms in a single position for too long, or i start to get that tingly feeling...

    normally goes like 80 away after the cycle...but its def noticable while on

  16. #16
    JdFlex's Avatar
    JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,158
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC
    happens to me while on cycle, my shoulders and cuff muscles are so over developed from swmming and baseball..that i can't keep my arms in a single position for too long, or i start to get that tingly feeling...

    normally goes like 80 away after the cycle...but its def noticable while on
    I hope you're right, and it goes away after the cycle. What do you think of what ntpadude said about the muscle pressing on the nerve and it probably won't go away?

  17. #17
    MikeMC's Avatar
    MikeMC is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    Dont expect it to unless you loose some arm/shoulder muscle mass and/or gain fat in these areas. My pins and needles arms have lasted right thru the entire PCT and beyond. Steroids are not the direct cause of this, its the large size and being so lean/low on fat at the same time that does.

    i think that could be true, im not exaclty sure of the physiological effects of low body fat as concerned with arms falling asleep...

    my mother is a trainer for an NFL team, i could ask her to check with the team doctors and such..im sure that if low body fat and over sized muscles can cuase arms to fall asleep, some of the NFL players have gone through it too

  18. #18
    JdFlex's Avatar
    JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,158
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC
    i think that could be true, im not exaclty sure of the physiological effects of low body fat as concerned with arms falling asleep...

    my mother is a trainer for an NFL team, i could ask her to check with the team doctors and such..im sure that if low body fat and over sized muscles can cuase arms to fall asleep, some of the NFL players have gone through it too
    The funny thing is, my arm is MAYBE 17" pumped, and I'm like 12% bf. So I don't think I fit the profile of big arm / low bf. Maybe mediocre arm / mediocre bf.

  19. #19
    JdFlex's Avatar
    JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,158
    Bump

  20. #20
    nbfire is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30
    I am getting the same feeling in my arms and i am just finishing a cycle. I have had this in the past while on a cycle and it has gone away. I find that it is worse when i sleep than when i'm up in the day. It's funny i read this post, i was just complaining about this feeling tonight at work.

  21. #21
    bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    2,015
    I get the same feeling in my arms & hands lately. Im not too convinced it has to do with increased muscle but that may play a role. Lack of blood flow/oxygen will cause it and the main reason you feel it more while sleeping I beleive has to do with your lower bp and the hands are the farthest extremities. Having more muscle mass requires more blood..
    Last edited by bluethunder; 11-20-2004 at 07:20 AM. Reason: spell

  22. #22
    -2z- is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    49
    I haven't even done my first aas cycle yet and I get that when I lay on my back and put my hand up by my chest. It seems my arm has to be straight to keep it from going to sleep on my back. You could always try hawthorne berry if you think its BP related, but I think Ntpa is correct.

  23. #23
    larry3436 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    274
    I had the same thing , it would fall asleep very easy and get tingly . Mostly when i was sleeping , and i never had it 24/7 .

    Seems like it still happens when i lay wrong , but it pretty much went away.Id say wait it out .

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •