gettin swolle is offline Junior Member

Test e flu + cold shivers..only nightly..wtf?

hey bros,
    I know we have talked about this a million times, but this is my third cycle and its the first this is happening! Im runny test e only @500/w. Second week in and for the past 3 nights I can not sleep..but I can deal with that. But Ive been getting the so called "test flu", but only hits after 5 or 6 p.m. I feel my head burning up and all around too. When I wake up Im fine! Its just happens in the evening. So im taking a bunch of advil, but its not helping too much.
    Besides that, yesterday in the middle of the night I wake up shivering but my skin was *hot*. Now that was sh!ty. Maybe someone can explain this?
    This explains if you never got the flu before, does not mean you will never get it!!

Jackman is offline Banned
    are you shooting it at night?

MrMent1on is offline National Level Bodybuilder
    I went thru the same sh!t it will pass.

Im shootin in the morning around 11 am.
    First shot, I was feeling fine, even days later. But now this stuff is kicking my as$. Even monday, day of shot, that same night it happened.

Those shivers arent nice, kinda scary with the hot skin..
    I want to reduce it to 250/w, but heck, that will be a waste.

Well..went thru another night. The fever was still there just as strong but cold shivers were minimal. Im thinking of just swaping the rest of the test e with something else that my body likes better. I'll wait till tonight to see what happens and then make the decision.

GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member
    You will be fine bro give it some time. I am soaked sometimes in the middle of the night.. Test flu sucks!!

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by getinbig
    You will be fine bro give it some time. I am soaked sometimes in the middle of the night.. Test flu sucks!!
    No full test flu here but I have experienced the chills... other times I am out walking around perfectly confortable, shirtless, in upper 50 degree weather while everyone else is bundled up like a freeze is coming (its Florida, everyone puts sweaters and jackets on down here when the temperature goes below 71 degrees) , the difficulty sleeping, etc... here is something that helps:

Get benedrils... take 2 before bed. Makes you sleep a lot better. Insomnia is more common of a side effect then muscle growth is so this is an expected problem with testosterone . Also remember not to bundle up in the comforter at night or you'll be soaking wet. Its difficult because you may have slightly elevated body temperature which could give you the chills at bed time, but that high body temperature will make you sweat like no tommorrow... I hate having to sleep on a beach towel all night but sometimes this helps because you can really soak down the bad good when you start sweating your ass off in your sleep.
    Last edited by Ntpadude; 11-17-2004 at 10:48 AM.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gettin swolle
    Well..went thru another night. The fever was still there just as strong but cold shivers were minimal. Im thinking of just swaping the rest of the test e with something else that my body likes better. I'll wait till tonight to see what happens and then make the decision.
    Actually it only happens most when you are first dosing up. Once your test levels are more steady it quits happening. Take tylenol and benedril before bed, sleep on a big towel for a few nights until you your body adapts. When I did my 31 week cycle, the problem weeks were week #3 thru 5, after that, it was no longer an issue, got good healthy normal sleep throughout for the entire remainder of the cycle.

Also one question, did you frontload? This tends to cause more sleep problems then not front loading or encouraging more rapid kick in. The problems come when your levels are building up higher and higher day after day. I frontloaded this time so I am really getting the night sweats but I guess I have enough experience to know when to do the tylenol and benedril before bed and this has tamed down the problems quite a bit.
    Last edited by Ntpadude; 11-17-2004 at 10:54 AM.

GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    No full test flu here but I have experienced the chills... other times I am out walking around perfectly confortable in upper 50 degree weather while everyone else is bundled up like a freeze is coming (its Florida, everyone puts sweaters and jackets on down here when the temperature goes below 71 degrees) , the difficulty sleeping, etc... here is something that helps:

Get benedrils... take 2 before bed. Makes you sleep a lot better. Insomnia is more common of a side effect then muscle growth is so this is an expected problem with testosterone. Also remember not to bundle up in the comforter at night or you'll be soaking wet. Its difficult because you may have slightly elevated body temperature which could give you the chills at bed time, but that high body temperature will make you sweat like no tommorrow... I hate having to sleep on a beach towel all night but sometimes this helps because you can really soak down the bad good when you start sweating your ass off in your sleep.
    Good read Ntpadude.

Ntpadude> to answer your questions..I did not frontload. You say benedril and tylenol b4 bed. ****, I just went to the store and bought more advil. Oh well...
    O.T. I see your also in Fl. Im in south FL, Palm Beach. Its about mid 70's. Been cloudy for the past few days. All these idiots wear leather jackets and bundle up when the temp drops alittle, just like you said..

Thread Information