Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator

Why Cycle OFF Steroids

there is a reason why we need to cycle off steroids , but it's commonly misunderstood. people generally think that after 10 weeks or so it becomes much harder for a person to continue making gains while on steroids. this leads to a possible misconception that the steroid receptor, or androgen receptor (AR) is downregulated. there is some truth to this. the AR has been shown to be downregulated after prolonged use of androgens in certain cells. by this i mean there is just less AR for androgens to bind to, thus getting saturated faster. the androgens don't actually bind less strongly to the AR as is the case with overuse of clenbuterol and desensitization of the beta-2-receptor.

does time off really = time on? it has been shown in studies that AR numbers recover back to their normal levels within just a couple of weeks, at most, after prolonged androgen exposure. however, the htpa and the endocrine system in general takes much longer to resume normal hormonal functions after stopping a long AS cycle. it is very important that this endocrine system recovers, not only for your health, but for better results in future cycles. bridging with even low amounts of AS like anavar , while still allowing the androgen receptors to recover, will slow down the recovery of the endocrine system. any AS taken at the quantities enough to make you grow will shut the endocrine system down. pro bb who stay on year round may never recover proper endocrine function later in life.

for a more thorough read on androgen receptors check out:

http://boards.elitefitness.com/forum...hreadid=120342

there are 2 different sides of the story offered by wcp, panerai, and myself.

also,

http://boards.elitefitness.com/forum...hreadid=120344

timvds is offline Member
    you da man dr. evil.

XBiker is offline Retired Vet
    I agree, bro.

I tell people to give their body time to "normalize" back to precycle hormone levels. If the endocrine system is never given a chance to get back to where it should be, your body may stay in a state of suppression.

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    I've been on since mid december and don't plan on getting off till the end of may. i just changed all of my drugs up...You guys think that this long will pose a serious problem to my system when i get off?

Originally posted by ironfist
    I've been on since mid december and don't plan on getting off till the end of may. i just changed all of my drugs up...You guys think that this long will pose a serious problem to my system when i get off?
    very possible if you keep it up.

timvds is offline Member
    depend on what youre using i believe. tren , dboll, winny or anything 17aa could mess ya up

i was speaking from a endocrine stand point, but yeah, the 17aa will be a burden on your liver, but i'm hoping you were aware of that already.

timvds is offline Member
    well, in the case of trenbolone , i was told it would take the endocrine system three times longer to recuperate. (in comparison to just test)so, depending on your doasages and what youre taking. wouldnt that also be a factor?

Originally posted by timvds
    well, in the case of trenbolone, i was told it would take the endocrine system three times longer to recuperate. so, depending on your doasages and what youre taking. wouldnt that also be a factor?
    yes, it would definitely be a factor. it's 3-4x stronger than test at the AR, but i don't know about 3x longer for the endocrine system to recover, but definitely longer though.

Kaz
    Kaz is offline Member
    excellent post doc!

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    Originally posted by Dr.Evil
    i was speaking from a endocrine stand point, but yeah, the 17aa will be a burden on your liver, but i'm hoping you were aware of that already.
    That is the standpoint I was looking for info from...Thanks, as for the 17aa's, I took all of the precautionary measures...I will probably continue but take at least 4 months off when I'm done...I just started dieting and don't want to be off the anabolics while I diet...I know, bad timing on my part...

XBiker is offline Retired Vet
    Originally posted by ironfist
    I don't think it's a problem as long as you take the proper precautions and HCG would definitely be a good idea.

I stayed on 8 months last go and have had no problems, as I have been off now for about 2 months.

Whiteyebrowe is offline Associate Member
    thats probably what i will do as well been on since decmber
    and have lowered my dose down to an amp a week.the gains have kept coming in just at a much slower rate.

Thread Information