big4nuthin is offline Associate Member

Antibiotics and gear

Does anybody know for sure if antibiotics interfere with gear? I was prescribed Doxycyclene for acne, 2 pills a day, for as long as i keep breaking out. I asked a physcian frind and he said it shouldnt. Anybody with some medical knowledge can confirm? Thanks!

Slapshot1 is offline Junior Member
    Bump for big...

My $.02

I used novacyclene for acne while juicing 6 years ago and didn't have any sides, but never really thought to look into it. Good Q...

flexin-rph is offline Member
    I have read some studies that suggest that antibiotics can decrease the effectiveness of some anabolics, but I really feel that is bunk. You should be fine as long as you get liver enzymes done every 3-6 months if you're gonna be on the doxy for a long period of time & especially if you're doing orals, also.

AnabolicAlien Guest

no...

won't interact noticably.

almost any drug you put in your system could affect how quickly other drugs are metabolized by the liver. with steroids in particular it's not really an issue.

i'm a doc too and i totally agree with your doc.

no worries bro.

A.A.

Served is offline Associate Member
    I'm currently taking tetracycline and cycling. No problems here. Tetra is a slightly milder anti than doxy. You should be fine though

Served is offline Associate Member
    P.S. don't be overly exposed to sun while on antis. Tanning beds etc..

needle is offline Senior Member
    Im on a 15 weeker as we speak! Came down with a SINUS infection about 2 weeks ago wouldnt leave, so I jumped on some amoxicillan (sp) and ive gained about 4 to 5 pounds since then so everything is going well. You should be fine as far as gains are concerned! But i would take some Milk Thistle and drink cranberry juice just to help any added strain to the liver and kidneys!
    GOOD LUCK
    LATE

notkwite is offline Junior Member
    i also had to run some antibiotics. my doc said that it may effect the absorption of orals, but inj are fine.

IronAdam is offline Member
    If the purpose of acne anitbiotics is to minimize portein synthesis (which they do) then I would think that either the antibiotics are not going to work or the steroids won't work...I think you would be rendering the antibiotics useless by injecting massive amounts of test at the same time...

If you goto dynacin.com and read about how it works you'll understand why I say that. But I'm not sure what the truth about it is...never seen a study about it.

Have you tried B5? I passed on the antibiotics for the above reason and gave 10g's of B5 a day a shot and it has been great..cleared me up in a week. It's worth a shot and its water soluable.

Good Luck

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    I would only worry about using Cipro while working out - it seems to weaken the sulfur bonds of the body predisposing one to injury while lifting up to a few months after taking

big4nuthin is offline Associate Member
    Did some serious reasearch on this last night and have come to the conclusion that Doxycyclene is actually one of the few oral antibiotics ok to use with AAS. It does interfere with protien synthesis in bacteria cells. Not healthy cells. There where also some studies that show doxycyclene actually modulated smooth muscles in the hearts lining but upregulating IGF-1 receptors in that site. There are some potential downsides to longterm use, but none specific to muscle building.

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronAdam
    If the purpose of acne anitbiotics is to minimize portein synthesis (which they do) then I would think that either the antibiotics are not going to work or the steroids won't work...I think you would be rendering the antibiotics useless by injecting massive amounts of test at the same time...

If you goto dynacin.com and read about how it works you'll understand why I say that. But I'm not sure what the truth about it is...never seen a study about it.

Have you tried B5? I passed on the antibiotics for the above reason and gave 10g's of B5 a day a shot and it has been great..cleared me up in a week. It's worth a shot and its water soluable.

Good Luck
    I use b-5 also works for me even on high dose cycles

Thread Information