Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    m16a2 is offline Senior Member

New years eve, on cycle

Is anyone else thinking ahead about how much it is gonna suck to have new years arrive while your on cycle? I am going to be spending my new years in vegas on the strip for 3 days, 2 nights and it is possible that I won't be able to even drink because I'm gonna be on the tail-end of my winny/prop/tren . I am actually thinking about this carefully since I really don't want to be completely sober for new years but I also don't want to destroy my liver.

I am just wondering if anyone else finds themselves in this predicament. It is easy to abstain from alcohol when it is a house party, or social thing at the house, or whatever the case might be. But new years is a totally different story... especially on the strip in vegas.

Dimes is offline Senior Member
    You wont die fron not drinking, drinking sucks, so it will do you could not to drink!

rhinoman is offline Associate Member
    you won't die from a few nights of drinking. Imagine how many idiots are on cycles that drink every night. I'm not saying you should get wasted, but its not like it will kill you.....but it might hurt a bit for a week or two....

crane is offline Associate Member
    A Motto I Live And Die By

Just Do It!
    Nike

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    in all hoesty bro drinking one nite wont do any harm.

I dont drink, never have never will, its a waste of money, bad for your health and just plain dumb, no offense, just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimes
    I dont drink, never have never will, its a waste of money, bad for your health and just plain dumb, no offense, just my opinion.

Well this post wasn't directed to you. This was directed to the people who usually drink but consciously abstain from alcohol while on cycle in the interest of their health and goals.

I am in college, in a fraternity, in the military and feel I have the earned right to drink when I see fit. However, being on cycle makes me nervous.

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    bro , I feel ya, but keep it in moderation that night, don't get hammered, just have a few to get a buzz, then take a hit of some chronic, jk. have fun in vegas

Quote Originally Posted by rampage76
    Well this post wasn't directed to you. This was directed to the people who usually drink but consciously abstain from alcohol while on cycle in the interest of their health and goals.

This is a health question.

I am in college, in a fraternity, in the military and feel I have the earned right to drink when I see fit.
    This is some bizarre type of moral argument based on "earning" the right to drink. It's totally irrelevant to your original question.

Do you want to know if drinking will hurt you when you are on a cycle...or if you have "earned the right" to drink, in some odd quasi-ethical way, which appears to be (randomly) based on your being in college, in a frat, and the military?

needle is offline Senior Member
    A lot of MILK THISTLE CRANBERRY etc... From my experince I just carry a beer around or a cup of H ALCo- and make it appear, like im DRINKING!!! ITS kinds tough with everyone always asking how come your not drinking!!! SO thats my way to get rid of the fu*cks that wont leave me alone! " I would like to say somtimes, thats why you ask me why im so big hahahahahah my little secret"!!!!!!
    Last edited by needle; 11-16-2004 at 03:52 PM.

Thanks Hooker, I agree with you on that one.

bigrthanu is offline Associate Member
    better to be on cycle, than during PCT. At least you wont be alll emotional during the countdown, hehe

Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    This is a health question.

This is some bizarre type of moral argument based on "earning" the right to drink. It's totally irrelevant to your original question.

Do you want to know if drinking will hurt you when you are on a cycle...or if you have "earned the right" to drink, in some odd quasi-ethical way, which appears to be (randomly) based on your being in college, in a frat, and the military?

edit: I will have more respect next time i post - only warning. Vette.

The first post was totally seperate from my response to one of those ANTI-DRINKING folks. This "bizzare argument" was raised in response to being told that drinking in general is wrong and we shouldn't do it. My question was a pragmatic one, to which some of the replies are regarding the morals of the question.

Latimus is offline Banned
    i didnt drink on my bday....i wont drink when on a cycle......but i look back....and ya i should have had a few......very special events like bdays and new years are worth it....i would even argue that mentally it would be more harmful to not drink on those nights....letting yourself pass new years and bdays...is a waste

If you can get online to talk about drinking and how you cant live without it, I can get online and say thsat I dont drink it and never will and that I am 100% against it.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Just drink water and if you want a buzz, valium 10mg every two hours. Everyone will think you are drinking and you might even pass out before them. (alternative would be xanax 1mg every few hours and do not have but 4 of them on you or you might forget you took some already and over do it.)

bullram is offline Member
    Only one night bro, drink away youll be fine

Monkeytown is offline Senior Member
    I'm not drinking on my cycle, but not because of a health issue. I think it's just a mental thing. I know if I drink it will effect my sleep, eating and workout habits for a few days. I would rather not have anything taking away from my focus in the gym and at the dinner table.

My biggest test of willpower will be this weekend. It's rivalry weekend here in AL and there will be a huge party for the AL v. Auburn game. I know I will want to drink, everyone else will be. Just gotta try to be strong I guess. NYE will be towards the end of my cycle and I will prolly indulge a little then. Kind of a congratulatory celebration for completing my first cycle.

I would say to each his own. If you want to have a drink then do it. Although it your case you might want to be extra careful no to over do it considering the toxic substances you are already introducing to your liver.

JMHO
    MT

I think my goal here was accomplished. Establishing that I am not the only one who finds themselves in the situation where they think the benefit of drinking outweights the detriments for a night. Personally, I know of many people who act recklessly, regardless of what substances they are on. I think that the use of alcohol should try to be restricted while on cycle, especially with 17-aas. However, moderation should be used if you choose to drink.

I refuse to drink about 4 nights a week in my house with my friends. I know alcohol will defeat the purpose of AAS and will make u wakeup feeling worse than you would normally. Driving is a good way to avoid peer pressure and give yourself a supplementary reason. However, some nights are just worth easing up a little. I think NYE, and your bday are good occasions. Or say that hot girl from the gym wants to 'come over and chill' during which time she asks if you wanna have a few beers. This is where the road divides into two paths. Say no, I don't drink or have a few beers and be guarenteed to bang her brains out.

If this is a matter of bodily harm, the best answer is no drinking. However, there are different levels of harm and the key is to use good judgement. JMO

jon_83 is offline Junior Member
    i'll be done my cycle one week before new years, so i'll prb all emotional and $hit. so i may just run in an extra week or so, i've drank on my cycle a couple time, i know its not the best thing to do. i find it only effect me for the day after then i'm back on track.

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    I pesonally enjoy having a drink or two.cycle or not if i want to go out and have a good time i will.if you were that concerned with your health then you wouldnt be juicing,now would you?and to those of you who dont drink,to each there own.it doesnt nesacerally make you a better person because you dont and definately doesnt give you the right to look down on those that do.

the only time i wont drink is during PCT.the body has enough to deal with during that time

Quote Originally Posted by DEVLDOG
    if you were that concerned with your health then you wouldnt be juicing,now would you?and to those of you who dont drink,to each there own.it doesnt nesacerally make you a better person because you dont and definately doesnt give you the right to look down on those that do.
    Amen. I hate the holier than thou attitude held by members on this board and people I know personally.

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    Originally Posted by DEVLDOG
    if you were that concerned with your health then you wouldnt be juicing,now would you?

you can be concerned about your health and still juice, you just know the risks. This post SHOWS he is concerned about his health, and monitors it while on gear, but doesnt want to **** anything up by drinking also.

As for rampage76's whole dilemma, i wouldnt drink. Im going to do a cycle in about a month, and ive stopped drinking already (except for the occasional 2-3 beers maybe every 2 weeks) to make sure my liver is strong for my first cycle. Im in a fraternity also on campus, and drank and partied like a feind begning of the year. I saw my natural gains go away, which really sucked. Just dont drinnk, and if people ask why, just tell them "im on some lifting suppliments which alcohol would **** up".

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedzilla
    Originally Posted by DEVLDOG
    if you were that concerned with your health then you wouldnt be juicing,now would you?

you can be concerned about your health and still juice,
    you better be concerned about your health while juicing.my comment was directed to those who replied that drinking is "stupid" and "unhealthy"

breathing fresh air can be "unhealthy"

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVLDOG
    you better be concerned about your health while juicing.my comment was directed to those who replied that drinking is "stupid" and "unhealthy"

breathing fresh air can be "unhealthy"
    gotcha.

is drinking unhealthy? yes. but the health effects are minimal unless you binge every night like a champ. havin a few social beers with dinner or at the bar, and every once in a while gettin hammered wont hurt you. i just wouldnt even consider it on juice.

Drinking is unhealthy and dumb... why did you post about drinking during cycle? To get support and feel better, you are still going to do it no matter what anyone says, so next time dont bother posting something that has no point since you have your mind setup... as for the unhealthy... yeah roids are unhealthy... but Im getting stronger, bigger and looking better... drinking gets you fatter, makes you look stupid in front of everyone and shows how weak you are to peer pressure and to all the ads that are made to fool people about how drinking is cool, Ive gone to a million parties, remember everything that went on, had more fun then anyone.. they were all to drunk to remember if they had fun or not and guess what? No throwing up the next morning... life is great.. So enjoy new years, its your life... you asked about drinking on roids gave my opinion on alcohol, if you dont like different opinions, well dont ask for them, good luck my peeps!

Me and my girl are sexaholics, will that affect me while on roids? LOL, I hope not!

jbol is offline Senior Member
    my testosterone flows enough when im drinking....i would never do it on a cycle..id be asking for trouble...but thats just me

This thread is going to get alooottt of posts, you gotta love the controversy...by the way am I the only non drinker here? lol, common non drinkers, their must be at least one more around.

Drinking is unhealthy and dumb... why did you post about drinking during cycle? To get support and feel better, you are still going to do it no matter what anyone says, so next time dont bother posting something that has no point since you have your mind setup... as for the unhealthy... yeah roids are unhealthy... but Im getting stronger, bigger and looking better... drinking gets you fatter, makes you look stupid in front of everyone and shows how weak you are to peer pressure and to all the ads that are made to fool people about how drinking is cool, Ive gone to a million parties, remember everything that went on, had more fun then anyone.. they were all to drunk to remember if they had fun or not and guess what? No throwing up the next morning... life is great.. So enjoy new years, its your life... you asked about drinking on roids gave my opinion on alcohol, if you dont like different opinions, well dont ask for them, good luck my peeps!

Once again, your personal views against alcohol in general are beside the point and not revelant to this post. It also sounds like you have an alcohol problem, were you an alcoholic at one point? Sounds like it to me. Most of us can excercise moderation when we drink. That means we can drink, not throw up, and remember everything from the previous night. Also, occasional drinking will not significantly effect your gains since all gains are a function of many variables -- training, rest, diet. Alcohol will inhibit gains on workout days due to its part in blocking protein synthesis, however, if you are not training (rest period or whatever) then it will not effect your gains.

Either way, you sound like a recovering alcohol who goes to AA meetings and has been brainwashed into believing that alcohol is the enemy. YOU are the enemy. Think about this NRA slogan... 'guns don't kill people. people kill people'.

For your own sake, you should just keep your anti-alcohol views to yourself, lest you be convinced to taste some alcohol and then slip back into your weak minded state of alcoholism.

I hate the holier than thou attitude held by members on this board.

For your own sake, you should just keep your anti-alcohol views to yourself, lest you be convinced to taste some alcohol and then slip back into your weak minded state of alcoholism.

I am in college, in a fraternity, in the military and feel I have the earned right to drink when I see fit..

You're totally right...I agree 100%...Nothing's worse than a holier-than-thou attitude....

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Just drink tons of water the day of, during, and the day after you drink along with milk thistle and cranberry extract. You will be fine, just dont get hammered, just keep a good buzz going .Take care

Once again, your personal views against alcohol in general are beside the point and not revelant to this post. It also sounds like you have an alcohol problem, were you an alcoholic at one point? Sounds like it to me. Most of us can excercise moderation when we drink. That means we can drink, not throw up, and remember everything from the previous night. Also, occasional drinking will not significantly effect your gains since all gains are a function of many variables -- training, rest, diet. Alcohol will inhibit gains on workout days due to its part in blocking protein synthesis, however, if you are not training (rest period or whatever) then it will not effect your gains.

Either way, you sound like a recovering alcohol who goes to AA meetings and has been brainwashed into believing that alcohol is the enemy. YOU are the enemy. Think about this NRA slogan... 'guns don't kill people. people kill people'.

well said...now lets go have a drink....cheers

LOL, Good one hooker, I wish I was a former alcoholic so I could help you out rampage76.. are you the owner of Bud Light?, lol, you are defending drinking like if you were the one making the profit from people who cant have fun if they are not drinking. I'm the enemy? LOL, good stuff man. Abstaining from something everyone is pressuring you to do and is not healthy is something you should look up to because you havent been able to do it yourself, ,one of your interests is partying hard? that tells it all. anyway, dont take it so personal.. relax.

Moosepellet is offline Member
    I know how you feel, being in college and all. Keep your drinking to a minium though on New Years, drink a couple glasses of wine and you'll be fine

Respect the mods and the members or you will end up in trouble with the mods rampage, me and hooker just have a different view than yours why are you so angry bro, we come in peace

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Threads like this are such bullsh it.
    One or 2 nights of partying isn't going to kill ANYONE while on a cycle, 17aa's or not. Drink lots of water before, during, and afterwards and you'll be fine.
    Unless your in precontest who cares if your gonna do it up on NY's eve.
    Have a good time bro...I know I will

Quote Originally Posted by MBaraso
    Threads like this are such bullsh it.
    One or 2 nights of partying isn't going to kill ANYONE while on a cycle, 17aa's or not. Drink lots of water before, during, and afterwards and you'll be fine.
    Unless your in precontest who cares if your gonna do it up on NY's eve.
    Have a good time bro...I know I will

WORD.

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    dont you guys know...take "the chaser"

lol...

btw i drink maybe ONE drink with dinner maybe at most 1x a month

maybe a few drinks 3x a year in one night

actually, the chaser contains activated charcoal. same stuff we use in the field to give to people that have overdosed on drugs. it basically binds to the drug making it inactive, as well as the metabolites, which in the case of alcohol, is the point

Respect the mods and the members or you will end up in trouble with the mods rampage, me and hooker just have a different view than yours why are you so angry bro, we come in peace
    Respect the mods? I respect the mods who earn my respect by bringing knowledge and insight to conversations. I will excercise my right to not respect anyone I choose, mod, vet, newbie, or other.

Mods shouldn't promote extreme views with such a sense of resentment. That is my personal belief and doing so gives me cause to not show respect.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information