diskey is offline Junior Member

in the middle of a 6 month cycle - what do you think?

Just wanted some opinions on this:

I'm 20 1/2 years old. I did two cycles last year and after loosing gains, strength, mass and getting acne and fat after coming off I decided to take a longer aproatch. I've been on since August 04 and plan to stay on until end of Feb. 05. I cycle 4weeks on/off with orals and have a test base allways. Sometimes I drop the test down to 250mg ew for some weeks then go up again. I'm running hcg every 4th week at 5000iu over 10days, and take 10mg nolva when going high on the doses. When I go high I do up to 1000mg juice ew, not more.

Balls seems to stay close to normal size all the time because of the hcg. Health seems generally fine. I take milk thistle year around and lots of EFAs.

Bodyweigth is currently 235lbs at 5 10" 12%bf. I thought of going off everything in March and stay off for about two months then start a slow cut-up. I've heard alot of people claims it's easier to keep gains when coming of after a longer cycle.

Any opinions on this regime? Anything protective supps I should add to the mix and whats the best approatch to coming off a 6 month cycle?

Dimes is offline Senior Member
    At your age you are really risking your health doing this cycles, you should take a while off after you finish this cycle to recover, good luck.

Jay Man is offline Associate Member
    I've done quite a few long cycles but I am a lot older than you. I would suggest getting your blood work checked. My advice is to be honest with a physician on what you are taking so they know what to look for. Get it done now and when you are done. Be safe.

A good PCT will help in keeping gains regardless of how long you're on. If you need PCT, check Pheednos. He seems to have a good one posted.

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    ****, 6 month cycle and you are only as old as me?

Whew, id rethink that man. Health risks like a champ........

okey, thx for replies. I know what I do may seem extreme to many but I have several friends who keeps bursting on and off with heavy 3 months cycles and they're 30 pounds lighter than me. I think this perhaps has a bader impact on the body than doing longer cycles. Many of them also have big problems with recovery, probably because the hpta get shocked hard when suddenly starting to use 1,5-2g aas ew, and then suddenly drop it to zero a few months later.

Jay Man:
    What did it feel like coming off that 9 month cycle ? How did your body react and when did you have normal test production?

I was thinking of using slin to bridge instead on staying on for this long but not sure if this is a bit early to add at my stage...thought it maybe would be better for the body

Quote Originally Posted by diskey

Jay Man:
    What did it feel like coming off that 9 month cycle ? How did your body react and when did you have normal test production?

I was thinking of using slin to bridge instead on staying on for this long but not sure if this is a bit early to add at my stage...thought it maybe would be better for the body
    What is "slin"? I don't mean to bust your b@lls but it doesn't sound like you know what you are doing. PCT is everything. If you have your post cycle therapy ready to go and you implement it correctly you should have no problem with recovery. Do you have everything you need for PCT? Meds like Nolvadex , Clomid, Tribulus, HCG , etc. Tell me you have a least one of these?

When I came off 9 months my normal PCT helped me retain my strength and my gains but my sex drive lagged behind severely. I had suppressed my natural test production for so long I needed 10,000IU's of HCG to kick it back into gear. If you are on for like a year, you better have some HCG to use about every 3 months and at PCT or you may be hurting.

slin = insulin

I'm quite sure of what I'm doing, but this is the first time I do a long cycle so therefore I can only relay on others experience since I don't know yet how my body will react when I come off.

I plan on doing normal PCT yes, but I have to other friends who didn't use anything else than hcg when coming off long cycles, and did pretty well. I've allways used Clomid(6-3-2-1) + 20mg nolva when coming off. From My my last cycle, a 9 week cutting cycle I needed 5 weeks before my balls had recovered.

When coming off this one, I've planned on doing 5000iu hcg two weeks before starting clomid, and with clomid do nolva,tribulus,zma.

HCG every third month?? That seems like way to long intervals, the hcg stays active like one week after last shot. I can personaly feel it has an impact like 2-3 weeks after last injection, then my balls shrinks again.

Pork Chop is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Man
    I had suppressed my natural test production for so long I needed 10,000IU's of HCG to kick it back into gear. If you are on for like a year, you better have some HCG to use about every 3 months and at PCT or you may be hurting.
    As far as i know, HCG doesn't do d1ck for test production.
    Isn't it something you shoot ED to maintain gains in the interim of clomid doing it's thing?
    Maybe is you used clomid you wouldn't have suffered so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop
    Isn't it something you shoot ED to maintain gains in the interim of clomid doing it's thing?
    Porkchop, it's too bad you don't do any research before you comment on something you know nothing about. Try looking on the home page to this site and read the profile on HCG. Here is an excerpt:

In a man HCG stimulates production of androgenic hormones (testosterone ). For this reason athletes use injectable HCG to increase the testosterone production. HCG is often used in combination with anabolic /androgenic steroids during or after treatment. Since the body usually needs a certain amount of time to get its testosterone production going again, the athlete, after discontinuing steroid compounds, experiences a difficult transition phase which often goes hand in hand with a considerable loss in both strength and muscle mass. Administering HCG directly after steroid treatment helps to reduce this condition because HCG increases the testosterone production in the testes very quickly and reliably. In the event of testicular atrophy caused by mega doses and very long periods of usage, HCG also helps to quickly bring the testes back to their original condition (size). Since occasional injections of HCG during steroid intake can avoid a testicular atrophy, many athletes use HCG for two to three weeks in the middle of their steroid treatment. It is often observed that during this time the athlete makes his best progress with respect to gains in both strength and muscle mass.

So I guess your thoughts on HCG doing "d!ck" for test production are completely wrong. Do some research before you give advice. It makes this board a lot more productive.

slin = insulin

HCG every third month?? That seems like way to long intervals, the hcg stays active like one week after last shot. I can personaly feel it has an impact like 2-3 weeks after last injection, then my balls shrinks again.
    I said every 3rd month when you are on for a year like you said. I see a physician who specializes in treating body builders on AS. For those on year round he prescribes HCG at 1000iu's per day for 10 days in row every 3 months. This is only intended to kick start your test production. Of course your nuts will return to the smaller size once the HCG runs it's course. That is what is supposed to happen. If you are still running test your body will revert back to suppressing your natural production but at least you kick started the motor.

My doc's analogy for recovery goes like this. If you have a car in the garage for a year, you should go out and start the motor every once in a while to keep the battery charged. The same goes for your bodies ability to produce natural test. If you have it suppressed for a long period of time you need to jump start production every once in a while. In your case, every 3 months would be optimal. If you were on for only 12 weeks then you would do it at the half way point and at PCT. Make sense?

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop

Another example of post-counts not meaning sh.it.

---------------------------------

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Sometimes I drop the test down to 250mg ew for some weeks then go up again.
    Question:

Why do you raise and lower the test dosages?

yes that sertainly makes a lot of sence, but I just can't understand why he recommands so long intervals even if your on a whole year. Never heard of such timing before, seems like most common is 500iu 2x ew or 5000iu every 4th week. In your example doing it closer would probably keep the motor easier to start each time you go out in the garage and also keep it warmer

I'm no fan of the the 2x ew theroy either really since that would be to often and the body would start to relay on the hcg and in worst case permanently downregulate natural LH production.

Have you used insulin Jay Man?

[Sometimes I drop the test down to 250mg ew for some weeks then go up again. I'm running hcg every 4th week at 5000iu over 10days, and take 10mg nolva when going high on the doses. When I go high I do up to 1000mg juice ew, not more.

Dude, I guess I'm not certain that I understand why you would fluxuate your test levels like this...what does this do for you other than knock you out of whack?

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Question:

Why do you raise and lower the test dosages?

I do it to trick my receptors and keep them fresh. If I were to do 1000mg ew for one year I would stangnate fast and have to up the doses to keep progressing.
    Also I'm bulking now, and I just need brakes from all the eating and traing sometimes and when I'm in rest mode I don't see any reasons to keep doses high. I usualy go 4-8weeks blasting and then take 2-4 weeks with lower intensity and lower doses, and I seem to keep gains from the high cycles with orals just as good on 250mg test as on 500mg for example.

Heres what I've done
    4 weeks 35mg dbol only
    one week cruising with 250mg enathe (went on vacation)
    8 weeks of 600mg sust (frontloaded)
    3 weeks of 300mg sust and 300mg deca
    4 weeks of 300mg sust 300mg deca ew and 50mg adrol ed
    4 weeks of 250mg sust (rememer I still have sust and deca in my system from before)
    coming up:
    4 weeks of naposim 35mg and 700mg test and 200mg deca
    4 weeks of 700mg sust and 200mg deca
    3 weeks of no aas
    PCT
    (hcg regime not included here)

This may seem strange and deffenatly not like any standard cycle, but I adjust things so it suits me.
    Last edited by diskey; 11-19-2004 at 10:53 AM.

Have you used insulin Jay Man?
    No, I've never done insulin . What is the thought process behind that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Man
    No, I've never done insulin. What is the thought process behind that?
    u use insulin when you start clomid, then you can keep gains while you testicles recover since insulind doesn't affect hpta.

just asking: what does your longer cycles look like ?

Thread Information