Thread: Var and tendons

beavertrap is offline Associate Member

Var and tendons

I ran a cutting cycle over the summer that included winny and primo. It was my first round with winny. It tore me up. Tendons feel like they are shot and I had a mild seperation of my AC joint. The doc put me on prednisone for a while and the Ac joint thing is doing good but tendons are still quite tender. I was due to start my Test E/ Eq cycle on saturday but there is no way I am going to be able to lift hard or heavy for a while. I am sure you have all read the threads about var, eq, primo and the benefits to tendons. Well, since the info is somewhat contravercial, I am putting it to the test. I started using anavar two days ago at low dose (25mg day). I am going to run it for a month and see what happens. I am going to stick to low weight and just try to maintain for a while until I feel up to starting my cycle. Anybody else ever done this for tendon repair???? What were your results? I will post mine when I see any positive or negative.

beavertrap is offline Associate Member
    Bump...anybody??

BOS'FLanker is offline Banned
    Whats the question? I find that running var alone doesn't cause joint problems, but I had some joint pain when mixing it with sustanon

spooledup is offline Banned
    Winny will promote collagen synthesis, but apparently makes the tendon more brittle. I had the same problem when I first used winny. Never been more injured with minor tears for years and years then the time I was first using it.

But then I realized that and stopped maxing out or going to failure and was fine. As long as I follow that rule I'm ok and I get shredded.

As far as var, it is supposed to promote collagen synthesis for rapid healing so it would be a great compound to use for that. But I would wait until you're in a postion where you can take full advantage of the var and train hard (which you sound like you can't do). You should be able to recover naturally by diet and light/moderate training. Then when you're feeling better go on the var and step it up slowly.

Also, I'd recommend 50mg/day for 6-10 weeks. Use milk thistle and tylers liver detox.
    Last edited by spooledup; 11-18-2004 at 09:36 PM.

Theedge is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spooledup
    Winny will promote collagen synthesis, but apparently makes the tendon more brittle. I had the same problem when I first used winny. Never been more injured with minor tears for years and years then the time I was first using it.

But then I realized that and stopped maxing out or going to failure and was fine. As long as I follow that rule I'm ok and I get shredded.

As far as var, it is supposed to promote collagen synthesis for rapid healing so it would be a great compound to use for that. But I would wait until you're in a postion where you can take full advantage of the var and train hard (which you sound like you can't do). You should be able to recover naturally by diet and light/moderate training. Then when you're feeling better go on the var and step it up slowly.

Also, I'd recommend 50mg/day for 6-10 weeks. Use milk thistle and tylers liver detox.
    Hey Bro..I"m using 30mg/day right now..middle of 3rd week. Do you really think bumping it up to 40-50mg/day will do that much? What about increased sides? Thanks Bro

Also, wanted to add that a teamate of mine had shoulder surgery to repair his labrum and rotator cuff, He is taking 40mg/var to aid in his recovery. I think its pretty much a fact at this point that var is great for tendon strenght and collegen synthesis.

spooledup is offline Banned
    I don't get any sides at all from 50mg/day. You'll notice a difference bumping it but nothing real dramatic.

Ok..I might consider bumping to 40mg..Thanks bro.

Badgerman is offline Banned
    East Germans would use short cycles with oral turinabol .......3 weeks on 3 off with pretty low doses......10mg ed

hoopcat528 is offline Associate Member

Anavar and tendons

I have bad knees from old football inuries and age, I'm 41.

I took winny and my joints absolutely ached and hurt. It was terrible.

I am now using anavar with deca , low dosages of both steriods . My joints feel much better, I have had no problems at all.

Anybody know the detection time of Turanabol?

Quote Originally Posted by Theedge
    Anybody know the detection time of Turanabol?
    bump

Thread Information