dafunkphenom is offline New Member

Thumbs down First cycle - Deca???

Hi all, My first post.
    I've did a bit of research but am still confused about what to do on my first cycle. I have 8 2ml bottles of deca -durabolin and a buddy says that if I just do that on my first cycle I will gain about 10lb and greatly increase my strength by the end of the 8 weeks.
    After reading some posts it seems that everyone discourages doing deca alone. Am I correct by saying this? Now my questions. Is 8 2ml bottles enough for a cycle? What else should I use if my main concerns are hair loss (both sides of the family) and prostate cancer (my dad had it)? I'm not looking to become a freak. I would be happy putting on 10 - 15 lbs of muscle.
    Please take into account this is my FIRST cycle.

Adam.S is offline Associate Member
    i did deca only cycle with drive and dbol . Gained 4 kilos over 6 weeks. It took longer to blow when having sex and i was heaps lethargic but i think people saying deca alone cycle is suicidal is definately overstated.

It would be good to have Some Test but i wouldnt be to worried. Your on your first cycle take it slow and good luck bro

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    it snot enogu, even if u would do a deca only cycle. and deca only can bring up some problems...

what r ur stats?

GotGuns is offline Junior Member
    Deca will inhibit your bodies production of test. As such you need some test in your cycle. In fact hold onto the Deca for a later cycle. Test only for the first cycle is the way to go IMO. You need to see how your body will react to one aas before you start stacking things together.
    You mate says you will grow by 10lbs if you use Deca for 8 wks?? Yeah you will grow if your training is intense enough, your diet is spot on and most importnatly if you are at your genetic potential at this moment. What's your stats and training history?
    I know of many, many guys who have gained 20-30lbs on their cycle of test only. Many keep a decent proportion of this gain if their PCT is correct. Is your PCT in place?

Whatever your decision I hope you achieve everything you want and more.

Later

Quote Originally Posted by GotGuns
    Deca will inhibit your bodies production of test.
    every steroid inhibits the production of test...

XXX -
    Not wanting to get into an arguement but I know that!! I was simply highlighting the fact to the obviously under informed thread starter!

sure, u r right - thats why I want him to post his stats and we can go from there...

bigjohnr is offline Associate Member
    what is the mg/ml dosage of the deca ? I know many that have started with a deca only cycle with great results. I think the bro's are right that adding alittle test is great but doing a cc a week of deca to your routine right now will give you results. You are better off starting off at lower dosages and going up only if you need to. You can always go up.
    The bros on this board are great and you will get wonderful advise. Just keep reading and learning.
    Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by ***xxx***
    sure, u r right - thats why I want him to post his stats and we can go from there...
    Ditto - I hear this so much where I work... "my buddy said if I take this I will get massive, ripped and strong like bull all with the magical Deca !"

I know I'm a newbie as far as my avatar goes but I've been around looking at the board for a couple of years now - my advice to all newcomers is research first, then if you can't find what your looking for ask questions but supply us with info (training experience, weight, bodyfat%, goals etc) It means we can give you much better advice on aas!!

Later

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by GotGuns
    Ditto - I hear this so much where I work... "my buddy said if I take this I will get massive, ripped and strong like bull all with the magical Deca !"

I know I'm a newbie as far as my avatar goes but I've been around looking at the board for a couple of years now - my advice to all newcomers is research first, then if you can't find what your looking for ask questions but supply us with info (training experience, weight, bodyfat%, goals etc) It means we can give you much better advice on aas!!

nice one!

do a search on 'decca only' and youll find 532,953 posts on why you shouldnt do it

Thanks alot to the people who replied. As for my stats. I'm 5'10 200lbs - I've been lifting off and on for about 8 years. I had an injury where I did not do anything for about a year and a half until I started training again at the first of January. I would say I have above average knowledge of working out and dieting (although it is easier said than done) My goals before doing any gear are to drop my weight between 185 - 190lbs and to get my diet on track. I was hoping to start the gear sometime in May to look good by July. Again I appreciate all the replies as I find this sight is very informative. Also Could people please comment on the side effects and risks as I previously stated my concerns over hair loss and prostate issues. Thx

sorry how old?

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam.S
    i did deca only cycle with drive and dbol . Gained 4 kilos over 6 weeks. It took longer to blow when having sex and i was heaps lethargic but i think people saying deca alone cycle is suicidal is definately overstated.

It would be good to have Some Test but i wouldnt be to worried. Your on your first cycle take it slow and good luck bro
    Deca only cycles shutdown some people more than others... personally I wouldn't want to find out the hard way if I'm prone to "deca dick" or not, because it can last for months after the cycle.

Congrats on taking a risk most people are intelligent enough not to take

My stats again. Age 27, Height 5"10, Weight 200lbs.
    Another question regarding PCT. Some members asked what I had planned. I actually didn't do much research on it yet. Before I start reading about PCT I wanted what cycle I was going to try....Deca alone or with a stack. However I appreciate all suggestions.

RUballs0514 is offline Associate Member
    i personally wouldn't recommend deca . you should prolly think about doin a test cycle first. too many sides with deca. if you're still lookin for something like that i'd prolly do EQ over deca. definitely do more reasearch. ihave a really good test cycle that you should consider. PM me if you're interested.

pyschomab is offline Associate Member
    dude just take deca at 400 mg a week I DID IT and i got big gains ya it will shut u down after and it would be alot better to use test with it BUT do whatever you want

trying2getit is offline New Member
    Is it worth stacking deca with test if you only take 1/2cc of test a week or is that not enough to help with the lack of testosterone that results when taking deca? Example: pyramid of deca (1/2cc-1 1/2cc 10weeks) and 1/2cc of test (10 weeks)

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    When planning a cycle you don't go by cc's, you go by mg's.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnr
    what is the mg/ml dosage of the deca ? I know many that have started with a deca only cycle with great results. I think the bro's are right that adding alittle test is great but doing a cc a week of deca to your routine right now will give you results. You are better off starting off at lower dosages and going up only if you need to. You can always go up.
    The bros on this board are great and you will get wonderful advise. Just keep reading and learning.
    Good luck!
    If he has 2ml bottles I would assume that it is 100mg/ml like Norma Hellas or Organon. 200mg for 8 weeks is not a very good cycle at all. Do some research on this one bro. Save the Deca for cycle number 2 and get yourself enough test to run 500mg for 10 or 12 weeks and do proper pct with clomid and nolva.

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trying2getit
    Is it worth stacking deca with test if you only take 1/2cc of test a week or is that not enough to help with the lack of testosterone that results when taking deca? Example: pyramid of deca (1/2cc-1 1/2cc 10weeks) and 1/2cc of test (10 weeks)
    dont pyramid your dosage!! Keep the same dosage all the way through. Pyramiding the dose cause your blood levels to fluctuate thus causing the potential for more sides. By keeping the dose constant you reduce the chances of sides. Dont think in terms of cc's either, think in terms of mg's. Test should be 100 mgs or so higher per week than deca . 500 mg/wk of test and 400 mg/wk of deca

jay-d is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trying2getit
    do not pyramid,there is no need for it.You will need to take a bit more test than that.If i were you i would look into a test only or a test+eq first cycle.It seems as if you are set on a deca cycle since you have it already,so what ever you run your deca at you need to run your test close to it also.Ex deca-300mgs/week and test-300mgs/week

Thanks to Jantzen4k for telling me to do a search on "deca only". I am definately too paranoid now. My girl will kill me if I get deca dick. Anyway I have to do some research on doing a test only cycle and PCT. My main worry is hair loss. My hair looks good now but when I look at the family album I have to wonder how long I have left.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by dafunkphenom
    Thanks to Jantzen4k for telling me to do a search on "deca only". I am definately too paranoid now. My girl will kill me if I get deca dick. Anyway I have to do some research on doing a test only cycle and PCT. My main worry is hair loss. My hair looks good now but when I look at the family album I have to wonder how long I have left.
    Check into finasteride at .25mg ED and nizoral shampoo EOD...

Joey2ness is offline Member
    i'd stay away from test and go for sustanon even though sustanon is a test with 4 kinds of test mix together
    if you do several different kinds of steroids at once ,
    your muscle will grow in more pathways
    i dont know what that means but i heard that from somebody

flabbywussy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey2ness
    i'd stay away from test and go for sustanon even though sustanon is a test with 4 kinds of test mix together

well, if you don't know what that means then you definately shouldn't be giving advice sustanon is not good for a newb to gear

Booz is online now AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by dafunkphenom
    Hi all, My first post.
    I've did a bit of research but am still confused about what to do on my first cycle. I have 8 2ml bottles of deca -durabolin and a buddy says that if I just do that on my first cycle I will gain about 10lb and greatly increase my strength by the end of the 8 weeks.
    After reading some posts it seems that everyone discourages doing deca alone. Am I correct by saying this? Now my questions. Is 8 2ml bottles enough for a cycle? What else should I use if my main concerns are hair loss (both sides of the family) and prostate cancer (my dad had it)? I'm not looking to become a freak. I would be happy putting on 10 - 15 lbs of muscle.
    Please take into account this is my FIRST cycle.
    even if u did a deca only cycle which obviously u shouldnt u aint got enough gear anyway mate!

flabbywussy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam.S

MAN what's up with all the newbs giving bad advice?!
    bro when i don't know what i'm talking about i don't try to respond or help people out in threads

someone needs to bump an old post about newbs giving bad advice let me see if i can find it

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey2ness
    bad advice bro.

Thread Information