Duck of Death is offline Associate Member

Scammers and Credit Card ordering

A Question for those who have experience in out-of-country ordering:
    How is it possible to get scammed if the site in question accepts credit cards?? It is my understanding that if you do not receive what you have charged, you merely call the credit card firm and institute a "chargeback" of the original amount and Voila!! Scammer loses! Any input?

DanRT117 is offline Junior Member
    i know you can dispute the charges on your credit card. you may have a chance of reimbursement if you dont recieve any product. but if they send you fakes i would think it would be a little more difficult to dispute the charge

znak is offline Senior Member
    I know this is an old post, but does anyone have anything else to add... Like the voice of experience.

ceasar250 is offline Associate Member
    Yeah, they can steal your info and rack up your credit.

Nico is offline Associate Member
    Try disputing with your credit card company. Not that easy it could take months of investigating and writing letters to your credit card company. In the meantime your hurting your credit scores and you dont even know it.

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Quote Originally Posted by ceasar250
    Yeah, they can steal your info and rack up your credit.
    Yes they can but so can any gas station attendant or anyone else you hand your card to. Doesn't matter either way since you are protected against fraud.

Your chances of getting good gear are much higher if you go the credit card route with one of those websites. When I first jumped back on gear I got my stuff that way and never had a problem outside of paying too much. If it comes down to doing a charge back never mention you were buying steroids , instead say you were ordering creatine or some other BS.

Seajackal is offline Anabolic Member
    I think most probably you will get fakes I had this kind of experiences
    from my 1st source he was from Croatia and all of his gears were fakes!

Quote Originally Posted by Benches505
    Yes they can but so can any gas station attendant or anyone else you hand your card to. Doesn't matter either way since you are protected against fraud.

Your chances of getting good gear are much higher if you go the credit card route with one of those websites. When I first jumped back on gear I got my stuff that way and never had a problem outside of paying too much. If it comes down to doing a charge back never mention you were buying steroids, instead say you were ordering creatine or some other BS.
    Hey I totally agree that anyone can boost your info, he asked how he could get scammed and I threw it out there. Fraud protection is not as full proof as you think my buddy got taken for $75k and it took him years to straighten it out...in the mean time he couldnt buy a home, car...etc. He had to take the ID theif to court and prosecute before he could get everything right, try doing that with some guy that lives in Thailand.

talltanman is offline Associate Member
    Bump

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    I had a scammer get me on a visa check card not even a credit card. I called my bank and they put 1000.00 back on my card before even investigating. If you have an amex and they take amex use it. they are the # company for supporting their clients not their vendors. if not call your bank 1st and ask their policy and tell them you plan to make an overseas or any kind of purchase what happens if you dont receive it. also, if the gear isnt legit you just tell them you got a box with rocks in it only. dont tell them it was another product or wasnt as described.

credit card fraud can be resolved very easily. identity theft is the big problem. i think the above guy who lost 75k was a victim to identity theft not credit card fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Mike
    credit card fraud can be resolved very easily. identity theft is the big problem. i think the above guy who lost 75k was a victim to identity theft not credit card fraud.
    You are correct, but with someones credit card and home address it is not that difficult to steal an ID.

Thread Information