dgthekid is offline Junior Member

firefighters drug test?

does anyone know what the drug test consists of for the fire department?
    I am currently on the list to get hired but kinda worried about what they test for concerning steroids . if anyone has any idea id appreciate feedbak. thanks

skinnyff is offline New Member
    Hey bro I don't think they specifically look for juice, I think they just look for the reg. narcs and such! Juice will not show up in a random piss test will it?

dgthekid is offline Junior Member
    i dont think it would show up in the piss test unless it was tested for which i dont think it is, but im not really sure

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    i doubt it...couple people I know are firemen and taking juice so i wouldnt worry too much about it

rsixxer is offline New Member
    Here in BC Canada we did a piss test but I later found out from the doc's assistant that all they tested for was sugars to see if you were a diabetic. Good luck in your job hunt, it;s all worth it.

WFD #32

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    IMO, you won't be tested for steroids when applying to become or while working as a firefighter. If you do get tested for steroids, get a lawyer and sue.

There are three reasons why the drug tests for firefighters don't include a test for steroid use:

REASON #1: Steroid tests are expensive.

REASON #2: Steroids are not considered as serious a threat as other recreational drugs to an employee's ability to conduct work safetly.

REASON #3: Technically, it is against the law to use a drug test to determine whether or not an employee uses steroids.

In several different cases, the Supreme Court decided that drug testing is lawful when it is used to ensure safety, especially in (but not limited to) safety-sensitive employees such as firefighters and EMT's. However, hair or body-fluid tests used to reveal an employee's or applicant's non safety-sensitive issues (such as steroid use or prostate cancer) without reasonable cause is considered violating a person's Fourth Ammendment Right (the right to remain safe from unreasonable searches and seizures), since hair and body-fluid samples are considered a person's personal property.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 11-24-2004 at 11:42 PM.

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    no, but dont you may have to pass a lie detector test. they ask about steroids on them, as well as every other drug

Latimus is offline Banned
    cops do the lie detector test......

Take it from a fellow FF.......they're testing for narcs not anabolics.

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Latimus
    cops do the lie detector test......

Those tests are beatable...according to my friend, George Costanza

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Bathgate
    no, but dont you may have to pass a lie detector test. they ask about steroids on them, as well as every other drug
    As a police officer you might have to pass a lie detector test--I don't know about that. But I don't know of any fireman that has had to pass a lie detector test to become a fireman. Just about 90% of all the bartenders in this area are firefighters, when they've talked about applying, etcetera, none has mentioned a lie detector test. But that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

dgthekid,
    Since Billy bought it up, you might want to check into that.

SouthSideSteve is offline New Member
    A normal panel 5 or even panel 7 urine test does not test for steroids .

The panel 7s Ive taken tested only for rec. drugs.

Here is what most Panel 7s test for:

THC (MARIJUANA) • COCAINE • OPIATES • OXYCODONE • METHADONE • AMPHETAMINES • METHAMPHETAMINE (inc. ECSTASY*)

Panel 7s usually run $35.00 and is what most buisness' use, that or a Panel 5, which tests for only 5 of the above 7. Also a friend of mine who juices has been a fire fighter for the past 6-8 mos. and I know he still sauces.

Thread Information