spc0843 is offline New Member

any help, difficult this one, possibly a first

after a long time of not knowing what was wrong it a appears that after a cycle of Test and prohormones, I use too much nolvadex and clomid and now my hormones are hugely out of balance.

I have abnormal levels of Progesterone, Prolactin, Oxytocin, estrogen is very low even for a male but can reach to substances and go high.

I know strange

The problem is In the UK I can't find a DR that is any good with male hormones, the last guy was skocking know allot less then me, it was lucky I got help from a local biochemisty srceener.

Anyway, he said and I was previously aware that if I can increase the sex drive greatly with I believe is anderosterone/testosterone , then I may be able to reduce the females hormones in my body and reset the pituitary.

I seem to get a huge strain in the lower neck and nipples(not gyno) and its not likely to be thyroid,(tests are normal) and stress is not a possibility.

A) can anyone reccommend as product that really could reset the pituitary gland?

B) Know a UK based Dr (hopefullly London, who is extremely experienced in male Hormones, rather then half the Endo's who seem to treat women.

here's a more indepth look at it, cheers if you have any advice:

Lee Clark on two separate full Hormone biochemistry tests identified large abnormalities of the pituitary gland that she has not witnessed before in a male to such a large degree.

Hormones areas that were largely out of balance as recorded on tests taken in October and November:
    Anderosterone

Progesterone

Prolactin
    Oxytocin
    Estrogen, Estrogen tolerance

Pituitary Gland (overall functioning)
    Hormone Deficient

Result were normal in the following areas
    Testosterone
    Evening Cortisol
    TSH levels
    T3
    T4
    Adrenal Gland

Diagnosis: “Unusual and obscure results. Pituitary out of balance to a large degree. The abnormal presents of both male/female sex hormones.” Recommended to seek advice/treatment from an Endocrinologist.

These results are very similar to current Saliva/Blood tests as follows:

Testosterone ranging form Low/Low normal and Normal
    Estrogen low
    Prolactin High
    Cortisol High
    Corisol Normal evening and normal/low nights
    Dhea High 2 times, and a normal range
    Follicle STIM. Hormone Low
    SHBG Low
    Untested Progesterone, Oxytocin and any other hormone

Normal Results:
    TSH
    T4, T3, TPO
    2 Testosterone normal, 3 low normal
    LH
    Evening Cortisol
    Non Hormonal results: Low Iron, Low Magnesium

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    I don't know of drugs that "reset" natural HPTA fuctions, i guess only time can do that. How old are you? As for you blood.
    Estrogen low..........how low? does it affect your cholesterol?
    Prolactin High.........not good, can cause female breast growth, make you lactate.
    Cortisol High............increased risk of getting sick, it affects the immune system. It's also catabolic.
    Corisol Normal evening and normal/low nights
    Dhea High 2 times, and a normal range
    Follicle STIM. Hormone Low........i think it's involved in sperm production.
    SHBG Low....................Good IMO it's not binding up with little free test you have left.
    Untested Progesterone, Oxytocin and any other hormone.

I'm no expert and more knowledgable guy no the board can help you better than i. Good luck.

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    what about trying B6 to lower your prolactin levels

STAYHUNGRY is offline Associate Member
    You may be suffering some negative inhibition of estrogen because of the Clomid. Clomid technically is a synthetic ESTROGEN, not an anti-estrogen. The reason it is used as an anti-estrogen is that because it is synthetic, it is a relatively weak form of estrogen, so when it binds to an estrogen receptor it blocks the natural estrogen from exhibiting its effects. Nevertheless, Clomid is a synthetic ESTROGEN, therefore if you took a TON of Clomid, you would be RAISING your SYNTHETIC estrogen levels. Just like with negative feedback with anabolics, as your body saw all this synthetic estrogen floating around, it would lower its own production of natural estrogen. So, the problem was the Clomid. In the same way that when one stops using Anabolics, their natural test is low for a while, you were using a synthetic Estrogen and when you came off, your natural Estrogen is low. Your body will readjust, just give it time.

seanw is offline Banned
    so how much clomid and Nolva did you take ?

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    If he takes enough testosterone his estrogen levels with elevate. LOL if not he like me is a lucky SOB. How long after you cycled did yu have these tests done?? That information may help some of the medical students on here help you..\

Good Luck ANhydro

Froggy is offline Member
    Very Interesting thread & I feel for ya bro...Until you can come up with a better game plan...I wouldn't take anything except a good multi with some extra zinc, B-6 & magnesium...& of coarse lots of extra H2O...good luck

bluestrm is offline Associate Member
    Bro, some people just have higher amounts of prolactin receptors than others. You are obviously one of them. That is why your progesterone levels are high. I highly doubt that the Nolva and Clomid are the culprit. But you will need to be extremely careful when you do cycle. If you do again. When prolactin and progesterone are high, estrogen and nipple stimulation can induce lactation. This is true in females of course that have just given birth. But it goes for males as well.
    You truely need to see a doc about it. We can tell you to get on some Dostinex and other things that battle progesterone and prolactin levels, but you need a doc bro.

thanks for feedback, its helpful

Firstly finding a decent Dr is quite frankly impossible

I am 23 yrs old and fairly new to bodybuilding and have been side tracked with this problem. It has some bad side effects aswell, like jumpy, fatigue, nipple and lower neck problems (tightness)

I have not had a recent cycle as I've had this dam problem for many months very likely caused by novadex, Clomid and some other OTC like 6-oxo etc

a MAJOR problem, is I tried to get ride of the side effects by trying biotest-m, this made things worse and caused a problem in my neck/thyroid area to become very very tight and ever since my hormones never recover because or a breast/neck seems to prevent the body from recovering. Thyroid test are normal though and I do know how to decrease these side effects. Thyroid products wouldn't help.

I do find that when my sex drive is really high the side effects in the neck/thyroid and some other side effect go away. and neck.nipple side effects get wotrse after sex/orgasm. I do believe (well fairly certain)if I can get my sex drive really really high then maybe some of the side effect will at least decrease and testosterone will overcome the female hormones. Maybe worth a try, not sure what product to use, but It needs to really just totally impact my endocrine system, because it can't stay as it is.

guys, I am totally willing to try any product that could help, any ideas really welcome, the worse thing I could do is nothing, or if you also know someone in the UK who can recommend a DR

these problems seem way way over most Dr's head, may have to take care of this myself.
    Last edited by spc0843; 11-25-2004 at 12:39 PM.

follow up.

I am seeing a endo through my GP, he's not great so far, so need to look into this myself incase he's stuck.

Could high prolactin, oxyticon, progesterone possibly cause greatr stess on the body particularly neck or thyroid and causing the tightless in the neck, and BTW my GP already tried anti axiety or stress products and no help at all.

The tighness in my neck is really infleuenced by hornmores, and go's away when sex drive is very high.

This tells me its got to be a hormone causing this stress/thyroid problem, but not sure what and how to get ride of it.

big thanks bro's for help so far

STAYHUNGRY is offline Associate Member
    The sex drive issue is not one of testosterone . When one orgasms, there is a sharp rise in serotonin, a "calming" neurotransmitter in the brain. This is why modern anti-depressants like Prozac raise testosterone. In my opinion, you could go on an anti-depressant which should at least reduce your anxiety, as you sound a little nervous and stressed which will raise cortisol in inself. Also, monitor your training as some of the things you mention are symptoms of severe overtraining. In fact, your hormones and glands can get all screwed up if you severely overtrain. This is why a major sign of overtraining is when your lymph glands swell in the arm pit and shoulder/neck area. Finally, the supplement Phosphytlserine is known to lower cortisol. So, cut back on the training, rest and relax, maybe a little Prozac and Phosphytlserine and you should be back to normal.

that's the thing, mentally I have not been too stressed, its almost like something is forcing this stress on me on my neck.chest area, I tried propranolol and dothiepin but I really am not mentally stressed or depressed 90% of the time so was not surprised when they didn't help. The tightness in the neck happen directly from using biotest-m, but remember my hormones were already F'ed up

Really feels like a hormone related problem causing stress on the neck rather then the other way around, I know that prolactin increases are sex and increases stress, maybe thats a possibility. but then possiblities are endless at the moment.

Still thats great stuff stayhungry, the more knowledge the better, cheers

Thread Information