pumped420 is offline Junior Member

gyno surgery yesturday

was scheduled for a gyno surgery yesturday and i woke up and the doctor said there was much more tissue than he thought and only did one side. Im getting the other side done a week next week and it doesnt realy hurt that bad. The surgery in all was a success and the doctor said ill be very happy with the results. Has anyone else gone through this type of dilemma? one at a time?

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    so why couldn't he do both sides

marka is offline Associate Member
    That is very weird. Never heard of that. Dude, even if there was alot of tissue, it doesnt take long to cut out..........very weird.....actually sounds wrong. I would ask another doctor.

idk he said it would be too painful or something. I dont know, i do know that hes a very well known surgeon and he was saying how happy id be and that it came out perfect and id never have to get surgery again on that side.

Was he well know for gyno surgeries?? some are great at boob jobs and nose jobs.......and get recognition for this...how many gyno jobs did he perform this year?

im not sure but my doctor referred me to him because 2 of his patients in the past that have had him for the procedure were extremely happy with it and he seemed to know the procedure very well and acted as if it was very routine for him

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    insurance cover it?

Only lipo or did he cut some out also?

total estimation of surgery cost?

Looking into having it done myself

dr9999 is offline Junior Member
    what juice caused the gyno? just want to watch out for this stuff and the causes.

Well, nothing to really worry....because this surgery isnt dangerous or too complicated..............I would put pressure on the doctor to make sure he keeps them symetrics...thats the biggest problem...to make sure he takes out the same amount from both sides...when you do both at once, he has the tissue and fat there from the first one, and easier to accomplish.......whoever is looking into this, you need to ask alot of questions, and research the doctor well.............

i had the gyno since i was around 13 it just kinda occured naturally and i used to be fat too. and insurance did cover it because my doctor knew i got it naturally and said i was very uncomfortable with it.

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    i never heard of doing it separate, all at once is how the procedure usually administered.....maybe the doc had money on the game and bailed out on you early....

What sucks is that you wont be able to workout for another week.

I would really get on this MDs case. This is bull. I wonder if he is double charging the insurance company.

MikeyZ23 is offline Associate Member
    so you're not having the glands taken out... how's it lookin now?

georgie24 is offline Member
    he is a piss poor md if he couldnt do both sides in one visit, i mean come on.....

did he do this out of his office?

Jtt23 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marka

What sucks is that you wont be able to workout for another week.

I would really get on this MDs case. This is bull. I wonder if he is double charging the insurance company.
    This is a GREAT point. If he puts you under twice than its almost twice as much in his pocket.

I would also keep my eyes open!!!

Scooby1 is offline Member
    You guys its not that easy... If it took longer(time) to remove the adipose tissue in the areas surronding the incision that would mena that the effects of the anthiesia will be wearing off sooner. For what I have learned in Pre-med, as well as the surgeons I have job-shadowed, it is safer for both the patient AND the doctor to do the procedure a second time. When you start fvcking with anthiesia in order to prolong a surgery, you also jepordize the patiets well being. -Note this is my opinion on this matter based on working with professionals.

wink182 is offline Associate Member

Gyno

Hey pumped, if it does not bother you I would like to see before and after pics to see exactly what you are talking about. Does Gyno have to be fatty tissue over the muscle looking like breasts. I mean I know a guy who has puffy ariola's but good pectoral development, with minimal fat in that area. He believes it is from smoking pot before he went through puberty on until after he was done. Is that gyno or something else?

This doc should not have been surprised about the amount of tissue...that is buuuullll shiiiieeeeet. To determine the amount to remove is not that difficult...just look and feel, very simple. Have you ever heard of a chick getting a boob job one at a time. I know one is reconstructive(gyno), and the other cosmetic, but same principle. I am telling you, something is wrong with what this doctor decided to do. The anesthesia is local in this procedure, whats the difficulty? He knew he had to make two incisions, what is the logic? This doctor isnt experienced in gyno surgeries. He did something wrong and is giving you some rap about who knows what
    As to the other question about the puffy areola....yes, pot smoking can cause this. Proven medical fact.

let me know who that doc is so i can fvck em up

georgie24 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marka
    This doc should not have been surprised about the amount of tissue...that is buuuullll shiiiieeeeet. To determine the amount to remove is not that difficult...just look and feel, very simple. Have you ever heard of a chick getting a boob job one at a time. I know one is reconstructive(gyno), and the other cosmetic, but same principle. I am telling you, something is wrong with what this doctor decided to do. The anesthesia is local in this procedure, whats the difficulty? He knew he had to make two incisions, what is the logic? This doctor isnt experienced in gyno surgeries. He did something wrong and is giving you some rap about who knows what
    As to the other question about the puffy areola....yes, pot smoking can cause this. Proven medical fact.
    100% agree!!!

kaorialfred is offline Member
    post some pics please, I am looking at having this done also.
    I'll be dammed if they only do one at a time.

you guys are scaring the s*** outta me lol. I dont have a camera or nething to get pics up on the comp but I jusdt cant wait to get the other surgery over with and I am pissed that Im gonna miss more time in the gym!

Moosepellet is offline Member
    How much did it cost for the procedure, and how long are you expected to stay out of the gym

since it was covered by insurance, it only cost $150 for the copay. It was supposed to be 250 including the night in the hospital but i didnt stay there because they said since i only had one side done i could go home. i have to pay another 150 for this upcoming tuesday too but thats better than the thousands of dollars itd cost if it wasnt covered. The doctor told me itd take around 30 days for me to be completely recovered enough to get back in the gym but after a couple weeks im just going to go by how i feel.

Jay J is offline Junior Member
    Please keep us updated. This may be in my future also. Good luck.

Thread Information