Thread: antibotics

musclehead1 is offline Member

antibotics

hey broz, if you take test and antibotics (for acne) will that hinder gains? or cause any kinda disturbances with the cycle? thanks

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    Depends what type...I remember reading that tetracycline has a reverse effect on protein synthesis which is not good at all for someone trying to gain muscle, but Accutane is alright and dosent affect your gains.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    i'd bet that study was done without AAS in it. Bro do what you have to do but make sure your training and diet are on the money

JohnnyB

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    While no study has yet been done that produced a significant correlation between antibiotics and AS, one would be better off not using them during cycle.

The last time I used Keflax along with Clindomycin (SP) I had some weird interactions with Anadrol and Enanthate .

I would stay away if possible, but like Johnny said, keep your training hard and calories high and everything should be ok.

big4nuthin is offline Associate Member
    I am using doxycyclene at 100 mgs a day and it has not affected one thing other than my skin has never looked better while being on! Some tetracyclenes do affect protien synthesis in bacteria cells only! Thats exactly what you want. In one study doxycyclene actually upregulated igf-1 receptors in heart muscle cells helping patients to a better recovery. I have talked to many other including doctors who train and all of them said there is no significant interaction between the two that would cause any interference in muscle building providing you were eating right and recovering well.

CanadianBacon is offline Junior Member
    Antibiotics are catabolic, in other words they will slow gains with AS. Tanning, in my opinion, is the best way for acne, go 3 times a week, just try not to over do it with the time if your light skinned or burn easy.

Served is offline Associate Member
    good info big4nothin

Thread Information