KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member

Whats the longest anybody has run T-3

I know your supposed stop taking it at six weeks but Iam on week 10 and Iam addicted to the stuff...I love being able to eat so much and stay lean I run it at 50mcg's a day any opinions on whether I should keep running it...

oh I forgot to mention Ive been running GH forever now....

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Addicted to the stuff eh?

Abusing this substance isn't the brightest idea. You may have shut down your thyroid by doing so. You may have to be on medication the rest of your life if you abuse this and that occurs.

Not a very intelligent idea. People then wonder where the horror stories and abusing of drugs come from.

A sound diet and discipline would enable you to stay just as lean, but to each his very precious own.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Addicted to the stuff eh?

Abusing this substance isn't the brightest idea. You may have shut down your thyroid by doing so. You may have to be on medication the rest of your life if you abuse this and that occurs.

Not a very intelligent idea. People then wonder where the horror stories and abusing of drugs come from.

A sound diet and discipline would enable you to stay just as lean, but to each his very precious own.

~SC~
    I know all this...I would'nt have put something in my body without researching it...but lately Ive been reading conflicting reports on how long you can run t-3 without any problems with your thyriod...

If you know all of the above, then you'd be on a sound dietary approach, and not abusing this so you can "eat so much and stay lean". That's a sign of abuse.

Not a flame, just an observation.

Reading conflicting reports does not = there being no issues from continued use. I'd hate to see someone do permanent damage while not knowing the truth. 50 mcg's is close to what a normal healthy thyroid converts daily anyhow, just above actually, so you are really only replacing normal thyroid output, in which your thyroid won't really have a reason to work on it's own.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    If you know all of the above, then you'd be on a sound dietary approach, and not abusing this so you can "eat so much and stay lean". That's a sign of abuse.

Not a flame, just an observation.

Reading conflicting reports does not = there being no issues from continued use. I'd hate to see someone do permanent damage while not knowing the truth. 50 mcg's is close to what a normal healthy thyroid converts daily anyhow, just above actually, so you are really only replacing normal thyroid output, in which your thyroid won't really have a reason to work on it's own.

~SC~
    Point, I know I should just eat less crap food....and thats why I made this thread is because I don't want to do any permanant damage to my thyroid.....
    I guess I'll just clean up my diet...

Cool bro, just don't wanna see anyone do any permanent damage to themselves. No flame intended to you my man.

Be well!

~SC~

don anabolico is offline Associate Member
    t3 can safely be ran at a low dosage for a LONG time. endocrunologist prescribe t3 with hgh 90% of the time because hgh actually lowers your thyroid.

Quote Originally Posted by don anabolico
    t3 can safely be ran at a low dosage for a LONG time. endocrunologist prescribe t3 with hgh 90% of the time because hgh actually lowers your thyroid.
    see, thats another thing I was wondering since Iam taking GH can I run T-3
    longer....any opinions swolecat?anybody?

well my thyroid was a little low, and when the doc put me on gh, he put me on t4 first. now he has changed and im on 50mcg of t3/day. the best thing you could do is go have your levels checked, to see exactly were you are. in my opinion i would stay on it but lower the dosage a little. if you come off it and stay on gh you will probley not only be able to eat like you are but also get a little bit sluggish and tired, as thats what low thyroid would result in.

Quote Originally Posted by don anabolico
    well my thyroid was a little low, and when the doc put me on gh, he put me on t4 first. now he has changed and im on 50mcg of t3/day. the best thing you could do is go have your levels checked, to see exactly were you are. in my opinion i would stay on it but lower the dosage a little. if you come off it and stay on gh you will probley not only be able to eat like you are but also get a little bit sluggish and tired, as thats what low thyroid would result in.
    I was going to have my levels checked after my t-3 cycle I did it beforehand..
    thanks for the info,

no problem

ozmax98 is offline Associate Member
    i don't understand? when i ran t3 i did for 6 weeks and i followed cycleon quick ramp up and slowing ramping down. i went up to 100mcg(which honestly didn't do much). if i was to run it again i would definately go for higher dosage. why did u not choose to ramp up and slowly ramp down. knowing that u might mess up your thyroids for the rest of your life is a scary thought. besides the fact that u can eat what u want and stay lean y else r u addicted?? more energy?? how is the hunger??

Quote Originally Posted by ozmax98
    i don't understand? when i ran t3 i did for 6 weeks and i followed cycleon quick ramp up and slowing ramping down. i went up to 100mcg(which honestly didn't do much). if i was to run it again i would definately go for higher dosage. why did u not choose to ramp up and slowly ramp down. knowing that u might mess up your thyroids for the rest of your life is a scary thought. besides the fact that u can eat what u want and stay lean y else r u addicted?? more energy?? how is the hunger??
    I did ramp it up slowly and Iam planning on ramping down slowly...so Iam pretty confident my thyriod is fine...I have increased energy and I seem hungry all the time but that could be the test and EQ....I ran it so long so I could bulk up as much as possible without getting fat.....

oh ok. i thought u did 50mcg's for 10 weeks? how much did u ramp up too?

oh ok. i thought u did 50mcg's for 10 weeks? how much did u ramp up too?
    200mcg's, I was satisfied with that dose

how much bf did u drop in those 10 weeks???? and how bad were the sides with 200mcgs?

how much bf did u drop in those 10 weeks???? and how bad were the sides with 200mcgs?
    I could eat anything I wanted and still dropped 5-10 pounds of fat...the sides werent bad at all considering I take it before I go to bed...so I don't feel the t-3 working..most ppl cant do that but I just wait untill Iam good and tired
    then right before I jump in bed I dose...Ive taken it awake before and I get hot and sweaty and I breath real hard....the goal wasn't really dropping fat it was being able to eat and not gain any....

jstanz is offline New Member
    i to have t3 on hand and am confused with all of the conflicting ways to take it. i have read the profile on the home page of this web site and they say to take 25mcg for a few days then up by 25mcgs for a few then up again until you get to 100 mcgs then you cycle it down again, the whole cycle being 21 days. but i hear people taking it for 50 mcgs for like 10 weeks, or 200 mcg for somany weeks, i am not sure what to do. is it possible to just take 25 or 50 mcgs for the 3 weeks instead of the tapering?

Quote Originally Posted by jstanz
    i to have t3 on hand and am confused with all of the conflicting ways to take it. i have read the profile on the home page of this web site and they say to take 25mcg for a few days then up by 25mcgs for a few then up again until you get to 100 mcgs then you cycle it down again, the whole cycle being 21 days. but i hear people taking it for 50 mcgs for like 10 weeks, or 200 mcg for somany weeks, i am not sure what to do. is it possible to just take 25 or 50 mcgs for the 3 weeks instead of the tapering?
    Iam no T3 expert, but form what I understand 50mcg's is what your thyroid
    is producing naturally...the tapering is so you don't mess up your thyriod by shocking it or shutting it down so hard...I have always went 25mcg for a few day then increase it every couple of days untill I reach 100-150mcg's then I stay that way for about 5 weeks...The cycles Ive done in the past with t-3 have not messed up my thyriod I just got it checked after my last one...
    good luck

jstanz is offline New Member
    thanks buddy, i am so confused about how and what to take and without this board someone could really screw them selves up, this is a God send. i think i will follow a similiar plan with my t3, i am also on some winny and eq. i was going to run the t3 after i have been on the eq and winny for a few weeks, how long do you wait before you start another round of t3, after completing one, i have heard 4 weeks.

Cuttup is offline Senior Member
    i hear 4 weeks is the max!

Quote Originally Posted by Cuttup
    i hear 4 weeks is the max!
    Ive done many cycles at six weeks or longer and not had any problem
    I guess better safe then sorry is what those numbers are based on...
    How many ppl do you know with messed up thyroids from T3..

Thread Information