slopland is offline New Member

Misconceptions and Gym Time...

I've have a couple of cycles under my belt at the moment, mainly Deca and Sust. I wanted to know, from some of you huge guys, how long did it actually take? I mean time on AS and time off of it. How long did you train and when did you really notice the bulk and what you did. I'm not a small guy, I'm 6'3" 220, but I lack the bulge in my bicep that all guys want. After this last cycle, I noticed a ton of difference in my chest, but not in my arms. Do you guys do high reps, high sets with 60-70% of 1RM? Just wanted some info from guys with experience. I'm not ignorant to fitness, I actually have a degree in Sports Medicine/ Human Physiology, but my field is more concerned on the health aspect as opposed to the fitness aspect. Any response will be appreciated. Thanks

wallycn is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by slopland
    I've have a couple of cycles under my belt at the moment, mainly Deca and Sust. I wanted to know, from some of you huge guys, how long did it actually take? I mean time on AS and time off of it. How long did you train and when did you really notice the bulk and what you did. I'm not a small guy, I'm 6'3" 220, but I lack the bulge in my bicep that all guys want. After this last cycle, I noticed a ton of difference in my chest, but not in my arms. Do you guys do high reps, high sets with 60-70% of 1RM? Just wanted some info from guys with experience. I'm not ignorant to fitness, I actually have a degree in Sports Medicine/ Human Physiology, but my field is more concerned on the health aspect as opposed to the fitness aspect. Any response will be appreciated. Thanks
    Just make your arm workout your focus and make it your hardest day. I had the same problem for a while but got over it by working the **** out of my arms.
    Do tons of varitations of curls.

meat is offline Associate Member
    i have a simular problem bro, trying to get that pappa pump look and my arms look sick after i blast them but about an hour or so later they just look smooth again its aggrevating , i try to feel every rep and fry em at the peak but it could also have a lot to do with genetics just keep at it and mix things up eventually youll find something that works for you.oh yeah ,try drop set 21s we do those to guys in the military to help them do more pull ups ,in one month we had a guy go from 3 pullups dead hang, to 22 .pretty good turn around
    Last edited by meat; 11-27-2004 at 11:46 PM.

yeah, great turnaround. Thanks for the info..Your prob may be overtraining from a degree standpoint. I dont know how often u train arms, but I know that they should have a minimum of 48 hours in between. But, you may already know that. Anyhow, keep em coming, any info is good info. I would like to hear a little from the Vets here. Thanks again.

Scooby1 is offline Member
    wait wait - do you really need 48 hrs. of rest before you workout your arms again?? I thought that was if you were natural..... correct me if I am wrong, but it shouldn't take that long to "rebuild" after a workout. Then again I know several users of gear only work thier arms out ONCE a wk. And believe me they don't have toothpick arms. One guy I know that claims to be natural does this and won the Mr. Utah novice last yr. at the age of 24

just my 2 cents

meat is offline Associate Member
    there is no one right way to do anything bro what works for one person might not do di*k for the next. and i am a firm believer that genetics plays a pertinant role but can be somewhat overcome

spkmania is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by meat
    there is no one right way to do anything bro what works for one person might not do di*k for the next. and i am a firm believer that genetics plays a pertinant role but can be somewhat overcome
    definitely agree with you on that one....

Yes, genetics plays a key role in what your muscles will look like and what your limitations are. But, yes, you need 48 hours. Think about it, your muscles do not grow when you are lifting, they grow and repair during recovery time. Its best to hit them hard, give them about 3 days and hit them again. And yes, some work them only 1 day a week, although that is fine for maintaining muscle, its not the best if u want gains. Twice a week is best. Muscle size is not easily lost and can be maintained by working it once a week. Intensity is the key though. Anyhow, thats just some info I paid thousands to learn, (in the abbreviated form of course).

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Best post this is the workout forum bro. Good luck

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I'd try the workout forum too. I was always under the impression that once a week is the norm, at least from all the routines I've seen posted.

This is all about genetics if you ask me -keep in mind that at 6'3" you've got a lot more arm to add meat to than a 5'9" guy. Think about it... you've may aleardy HAVE as much as some of the best of them do, it's just stretched out over a much longer area so it doesn't show. I know, I'm 6'5".

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    also keep in mind your arms are getting used when doing back, and other body parts, so it all depends on your routine, I never really do bi's due to an old injury[bicep tendonitis} but I feel them workin hard on a back day..

Moosepellet is offline Member
    Like Arnold says:

Focus on all of your weak points and make them the center of attention! Blast the hell out of your guns EOD you should see some gains quickly. Expecially if your taking Sus and Deca

Excellent info, yes, move this to the workout or i'll post another one there. Sorry about that. And good point about the body size, I really didnt think about that, you know, my frame and all. Thanks for the info guys. Very Helpful

ducati996 is offline Associate Member
    i have the same prob with my chest so i work it twice a week and have seen some good gains. My arms are my best part and i do also at the end of my workout every couple of days do something for my arms. Just keep at it bro. they will come around.

Thread Information