Dimes is offline Senior Member

Test E gains vs D-bol gains, who wins? Your experiences?

I am currently on a test e cycle with d-bol.... test e 500mg a week for 10 weeks and 30mg of dbol a day for first 31 days, so far... its been 22 days into the cycle and I have gained 20 pounds and since the test e hasnt kicked in, I am wondering what are the gains that are achieved from just the test e after d-bol is done, is it less then the 1st 4 weeks of dbol and how much less.... I hear people mostly say 15-20 pounds of the dbol and the last 6 weeks 10-12 pounds from the test e, what has been you experiences and are the dbol gains always more, anybody gain more weight in the last 6 weeks of test e than the begining with dbol?

juiceinthehood is offline Anabolic Member
    dbol is all water weight bro so u really cant compare to test e imo

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    you wont gain too much more,after you stop the d-bol you will lose some water weight as the test is starting to add its own..i have learned from many cycles that the most "weight" gain is achieved in the first month...but you really shouldt be concerned with just weight gain as that can be very mis leading...i prefer to use a mirror

I know, but im asking for difference in gains... to tell me for example.. i gained 15 the first 4 weeks and 15 the last 6

I know what you mean dvl dog, but I prefer the scale, beacuse I see myself in the mirror to often to know the difference, so I can only tell from the scales. Plus when peope who i havent seen in a couple of weeks tell me, you have gained alot of muscle, lol.

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    i gained about 15 pounds with four weeks of d-bol @ 40mg ED
    i gained about 3-5 pounds the rest of my cycle (test/eq)

juiceinthehood is offline Anabolic Member
    3-5 pounds off test that cant be right

only one person in this board has done a test e and dbol cycle?

Guess so, lol.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by fitnessguy
    i gained about 15 pounds with four weeks of d-bol @ 40mg ED
    i gained about 3-5 pounds the rest of my cycle (test/eq)
    Then you were not eating enough.

Ok , just wondering, because I gained 21 pounds like the 1st 3 weeks and after that they have gone down.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimes
    Ok , just wondering, because I gained 21 pounds like the 1st 3 weeks and after that they have gone down.
    Up your protein intake and cals and you should continue growing. You're probably not eating enough.

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    im doing a test E/dbol /deca cycle and im on week 8. And I can say that all my strech marks on my biceps have came in the last 2 weeks when the dbol had been long gone. Yes my strength did go through the roof witht he dbol as weel as my weight, but they are still going up pretty significantly today. But i am running deca also so that might have something to do with it too.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by juiceinthehood
    3-5 pounds off test that cant be right
    yes, it can be. The dbol water weight drops after you stop taking it and gets replaced by muscle from the test, so the net weight gained after dbol is 3-5 pounds but the total from test could be 15 or so

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    Then you were not eating enough.
    actually i was eating MORE THAN ENOUGH. weight is not a big issue for me. i don't allow my bodyfat to get very high. i stay fairly lean throughout. also i probably lost about 5 pounds that i gained from the d-bol and then gained it back throughout the rest of my cyle. so if you look at it that way then...
    i gained 10 pounds with the d-bol and 8-10 with the test.
    IMO d-bol is only good for fast strength gains, and fast weight gains(mostly water). most of my KEEPABLE (wieght i gained - water weight) gains came from test/eq

actually i was eating MORE THAN ENOUGH. weight is not a big issue for me. i don't allow my bodyfat to get very high. i stay fairly lean throughout. also i probably lost about 5 pounds that i gained from the d-bol and then gained it back throughout the rest of my cyle. so if you look at it that way then...
    i gained 10 pounds with the d-bol and 8-10 with the test.
    IMO d-bol is only good for fast strength gains, and fast weight gains(mostly water). most of my KEEPABLE (wieght i gained - water weight) gains came from test/eq
    Agreed. But as you get bigger you have to consume more cals for maintenance which means you have to consume even more if you want to continue growing. So as a cycle progresses I always up my cals towards the end so I continue growing.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    Agreed. But as you get bigger you have to consume more cals for maintenance which means you have to consume even more if you want to continue growing. So as a cycle progresses I always up my cals towards the end so I continue growing.
    yes yes i agree with you, BUT... i judge myself through things such as vascularity,striations, pants size, mirror, how defined my abs are, etc...(not necessarily "weight", it can be decieving)
    from the beginning of my cycle to about week 6 i consumed about 4500cal. about week six i noticed my pants were getting tighter, i was less vascular, etc... so i changed my diet. i think 18 pounds is a good gain for me. everyone has their own ways of doing it. whatever works ya know? i just seem to get better results (for my goals) doing it this way...

BTW, how did you do in your comp.? judging by the pics i'm sure you did well.

D-END is offline Anabolic Member
    I know what you mean dvl dog, but I prefer the scale, beacuse I see myself in the mirror to often to know the difference, so I can only tell from the scales. Plus when peope who i havent seen in a couple of weeks tell me, you have gained alot of muscle, lol.
    Take pics every couple of weeks, that truly shows the progress.

BTW, how did you do in your comp.? judging by the pics i'm sure you did well.
    First in novice, 2nd open and qualifed for nationals.

Is that your pic? and if so what are your stats and bf% carlos? want to get that shredded.

Is that your pic? and if so what are your stats and bf% carlos? want to get that shredded.
    Precontest 5'6", 195-205. (A bloated 205 ) Contest day a flat 160. (due to diuretic.) I'm not sure what my bf% was on contest day but I'm told it was 3-4%. Since the contest I am back to 190 but still have my vascularity and cuts. It's amazing what dieting for a show will do.

Awesome, and good luck in future competitions, I know you will compete in many.

Thread Information