Justoid is offline Associate Member

New way of taking orals?

Alrighty guys and gals a doc friend of mine who knows a lot about juice was explaining to me that we can get round the way of orals which are extremely toxic to the liver and kidneys ie oxys. He basically just said to let the tablet dissolve under the tongue rather than swallow it whole as this way it completely by passes all the major organs which can be affected and goes straight into your blood stream- i am going to use this method what the heck! This might be old news to the majority of people on the board but it was news to me and hope to some others too.
    Cheers, adios.

kaorialfred is offline Member
    huh?

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Justoid
    Alrighty guys and gals a doc friend of mine who knows a lot about juice was explaining to me that we can get round the way of orals which are extremely toxic to the liver and kidneys ie oxys. He basically just said to let the tablet dissolve under the tongue rather than swallow it whole as this way it completely by passes all the major organs which can be affected and goes straight into your blood stream- i am going to use this method what the heck! This might be old news to the majority of people on the board but it was news to me and hope to some others too.
    Cheers, adios.
    does your doc friend know about 17aa steroids ? come on then why is reforvit b or winny still have to pass the liver if injected? is that right into the blood stream? It might help with absorbsion but how do you know that the small intestine is not the best way of absorbsion?

Duke of Earl is offline Senior Member
    this way it completely by passes all the major organs which can be affected and goes straight into your blood stream
    Dont go to your friend if you're really ill!! - This is NOT correct!

He is probably getting confused by something called the ''first pass mechanism''

The first pass mechanism occurs when (certain) drugs are taken orally - the liver (or sometimes the gut) ''extracts'' a portion of the drug ( sometimes metabolising it (ie breaking it down)) resulting in a decrease in the amount of the drug entering the systemic circulation (ie blood)

Taking AS sublingually will bypass this first pass effect - possibly making absorbtion more efficient,
    but in the end the drug will still be metabolised by the liver!!!! (& be excreted thru the kidneys)

In some ways this could be a slightly less harmful method as you may require a slightly lower dose of AS sublingually as opposed to orally to acieve the same blood concentration of the drug.....

(This is all dependant on how well the drug is absorbed by the hepatic portal system (the livers' blood supply) or the gut.) Also I think there is also a quite a low limit as to how much can be absorbed sublingually (cant remember how much tho)
    Last edited by duckman; 11-30-2004 at 07:49 AM.

Justoid is offline Associate Member
    Thats me told then! i will pass on this info, dont shoot the messenger.

Thats me told then! i will pass on this info, dont shoot the messenger
    sorry - wasn't having a go - just wanted to stop anyone putting 200mg of drol under their tongue for 12 weeks!!

As I said - I think it may be a slightly more efficient way of taking orals - which could mean that slightly lower doses would be effective compared to the oral route (putting slightly less strain on your liver etc....)

What if you crush the tabs, mix into a colonic and use as an enema? Does up the a$$ stop the first pass metabolism?

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    your talking about sublingual absorbsion,which these orals are not intended for.they have the 17alk attached to them to get them through the liver...otherwise we would all be chopping them up and just snorting it if we were trying to just get it in the blood stream

Does up the a$$ stop the first pass metabolism?
    No - same deal as oral I'm afraid - just a different end....
    Subcutaneous, I.V, Intramuscular & Inhalation (ie lungs) all avoid first pass though..

Sublingual does have potential as a form of AS delivery tho - for example test base (complexed) is well absorbed sublingually & can be reasonably effective as it isn't(immediately) deactivated by the liver.

I remember Lozgod (banned now) doing a bit of research on this subject....
    Last edited by duckman; 11-30-2004 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by duckman
    No - same deal as oral I'm afraid - just a different end....
    Subcutaneous, I.V, Intramuscular & Inhalation (ie lungs) all avoid first pass though..
    you did know i was joking right

you did know i was joking right
    seriously bro - rectal administration has a very good absorbtion profile for certain drugs!

not really my style either tho...

Thread Information