Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member

Does HCG promote Sperm Production?

Does it?

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Deacon
    Does it?
    Abso-f*&king-lutely. More test, more polly-wogs.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    I have no scientific facts, but even with hcg my cum is like cottage cheese. pct it becomes more liquidy and seems higher in volume.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    yes, it does but I would think only used alone not during a cycle (never use for pct). Anyone have some hard data?

Quote Originally Posted by znak
    Abso-f*&king-lutely. More test, more polly-wogs.
    hmmm... Because i swear when i am on cycle which is more test then natural i have less polly-wogs floating around.

Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    yes, it does but I would think only used alone not during a cycle (never use for pct). Anyone have some hard data?
    correct, use before pct as it has been stated hcg can cause inhibition itself. I read where bill you know who said there was another compound to increase volume of sperm.

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    The info I read said the same thing about when used alone.

What do you mean by "never use for pct"? My doctor prescribes it for pct!!!

I am looking for "hard data", but somehow every site has the same blurb, literally word for word.

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    hmmm... Because i swear when i am on cycle which is more test then natural i have less polly-wogs floating around.
    I think that is true because the test shuts down your own test production which im assuming would result in lower sperm count while on cycle. However HCG increases natural test which i believe would lead to higher sperm count. This is my thinking i could be off though

well this is the situation. I had to unexpectedly quit my cycle. I started using HCG the week before i had to quit. I am quitting after this week. My last inject of test e is going to be thursday. I plan on taking the HCG on thursday and monday and the following thursday. Then letting the last week of the test half life ride out and start with clomid therapy on friday of that week. HCG shouldnt cause any problems if i use it up to a week before i start PCT correct?

Quote Originally Posted by magicstick2003
    I think that is true because the test shuts down your own test production which im assuming would result in lower sperm count while on cycle. However HCG increases natural test which i believe would lead to higher sperm count. This is my thinking i could be off though
    i was messing with him

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    i was messing with him
    lol i see but i think that kinda happens doesn;t it? with natural production of test shut down there would be less polly wogs floating around lol...

Quote Originally Posted by magicstick2003
    lol i see but i think that kinda happens doesn;t it? with natural production of test shut down there would be less polly wogs floating around lol...
    AS deff. shuts down your natural sperm production.

righton is offline Senior Member
    Yes it does increase sperm production. My doc prescribes it for me NOT as PCT( since i don't really go off) but as a way of keeping the boys from staying in a atrophyed state for too long a period(even he admits he has NEVER heard of or seen clinical studies that CONCLUDE long term AAS use results in PERMANANT atrophy or sterility). I use it as a 10 day break between cycles.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    correct, use before pct as it has been stated hcg can cause inhibition itself. I read where bill you know who said there was another compound to increase volume of sperm.
    You use hcg during a cycle to keep the boys alive, one less thing to worry about during pct. HCG and clomid are both fertility drugs, used to get the sperm count up.

JohnnyB

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    You use hcg during a cycle to keep the boys alive, one less thing to worry about during pct. HCG and clomid are both fertility drugs, used to get the sperm count up.

JohnnyB
    Fertility drugs for women not men.

use for women...
    Are gonadotropins for you?
    Gonadotropins can help you conceive if you tried taking clomiphene (another fertility drug) but your body didn't respond to it. Your doctor might also prescribe it if you have polycystic ovarian syndrome, luteal phase defects, or an unexplained fertility problem. If you're undergoing an assisted reproductive technology (ART) treatment such as in vitro fertilization (IVF), gonadotropins can help you produce several eggs for the procedure.

Gonadotropins can also help men who have a hormonal imbalance (that originates in the pituitary gland or hypothalamus) linked to a low sperm count, or poor sperm quality or motility (its ability to move). (For more information about fertility drugs for men, click here.)

Treatment: What to expect
    Human menopausal gonadotropins (hMG) consist of follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH), while urofollitropin or recombinant FSH are made purely of FSH. Whichever you choose to be injected with for seven to 12 days will translate into a dose of FSH that'll prompt your ovaries to produce several eggs, whereas you normally produce only one a month.

After you receive those shots, you'll be injected with another substance called human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG ), which will tell your ovaries to release your mature eggs into your Fallopian tubes. If an egg meets up with a healthy sperm on its way to your uterus, you'll have a chance to conceive.

Length of treatment
    You'll start receiving hMG or pure FSH shots three days into your monthly menstrual cycle and continue taking them for seven to 12 days each month, depending on how long it takes your eggs to mature. Your doctor will train you or your partner to give the shots. She'll also monitor you closely to see whether you're responding to the medication — frequent trans-vaginal ultrasounds and blood tests are often necessary. When your eggs are mature, you'll be given an hCG injection. You'll most likely ovulate 24 to 36 hours later. You'll either be sent home to have sex, or your doctor will schedule an intrauterine insemination for a day or two later.

Most women will go through a maximum of three to six drug cycles. Success rates don't improve if you take the drugs longer, so if you try three or more times and don't get pregnant, your doctor may increase the dosage or suggest another kind of treatment.

Side effects
    You may notice abdominal tenderness, bloating, fluid retention, and weight gain, or have a hard time giving yourself an injection. The newer, purer gonadotropins such as Gonal F and Follistim cause fewer side effects and can be injected using smaller needles subcutaneously (under your skin). Repronex can also be injected subcutaneously.

You'll also have a 10 to 40 percent chance of conceiving twins or more with these fertility drugs. Though many couples consider this a blessing, multiple fetuses increase your risk of miscarriage and other complications.

This treatment can be a very hands-on, emotionally intense process, too, since you'll have to go the doctor's office for frequent monitoring. Find a willing friend, support group, or professional to talk to before, during, and after your treatment. (To see therapists' top ten tips for coping with a fertility problem, click here. To get support from others in your same situation, visit our Clomid and Similar Fertility Drugs bulletin board.)

Women who take fertility drugs sometimes develop ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS), a condition signaled by weight gain and a full, bloated feeling. Some patients also have shortness of breath, dizziness, pelvic pain, nausea, and vomiting. OHSS occurs when you respond too well to the drugs and produce too many eggs; your ovaries rapidly swell to several times their size and leak fluid into your abdominal cavity. Normally this resolves itself with careful monitoring by your physician. But in rare cases it can be life threatening, and you have to be hospitalized for more intense monitoring.

On the bright side, researchers who recently examined the results of eight different studies conducted between 1989 and 1999 found that fertility drugs don't increase a woman's risk of developing ovarian cancer, even if she takes them for more than a year. Previously this issue was a major source of controversy and concern. (To learn more about the findings, click here.)

Success rates
    Between 20 and 60 percent of women who use this treatment conceive (the wide range is due to all the other factors affecting pregnancy, from the time you have sex and your age to the speed and agility of your partner's sperm). Very little information is available on the live birth rate for fertility drugs, but a few studies put the number at 70 to 85 percent.

for men to help stimulate and raise test levels (not the same as sperm production)

Pregnyl by Organon. 5,000 to 20,000 IU (International Units) per 10 cc vials. This drug is not a steroid but it is widely used in athletics today. HCG is a natural protein hormone secreted by the human placenta and purified form the urine of pregnant women. This hormone is not a natural male hormone but mimics the natural hormone LH (Luetinising Hormone) almost identically. This LH stimulates the production of testosterone by the testis in males. Thus HCG sends the same message and results in increased testosterone production by the testis due to HCG’s effect on the leydig cells of the testis.

Normally this HCG is used to treat women with certain ovarian disorders and it is used to stimulate the testis of men who may be hypogonadal. Athletes use HCG to increase the body’s own natural production of testosterone which is often depressed by long term steroid use . Also when steroids are used in high dosages they can cause false signals to the hypothalamus that results in a depressed signal to the testicles. Over a period of weeks of this depressed signal the testicles ability to respond to any signal from the pituitary becomes very weak, which results in testicular atrophy. To avoid this athletes will use HCG to keep an artificial signal going to the testis and preventing testicular atrophy. When administered, HGC raises serum testosterone very quickly. A rise in testosterone firs appears in about two hours after injecting HCG. The second peak occurs about two to four days later.

HCG therapy has been found to be very effective in the prevention of testicular atrophy and to use the body’s own biochemical stimulating mechanisms to increase plasma testosterone level during training. Some steroid users find that they have some of their best strength and size gains while using HCG in conjunction with the steroids. This may wee be due to the facts that the body has high level of natural androgens as well as the artificial steroid hormones at that time.

The optimal dosage for an athlete using HCG has never been established, but it is thought that a single shot of 1000 to 2000 IU per week will get the desired results. Cycles on the HCG should be kept down to three weeks at a time with an off cycle of at least a month in between. For example, one might use the HCG for two to three weeks in the middle of a cycle, and for two or three weeks at the end of a cycle. It has been speculated that the prolonged use of HCG could repress the body’s own production of gonadotropins permanently. This is why the short cycles are the best way to go.

The side effects from HCG use include gynecomastia , water retention, and an increase in sex drive, mood alterations, headaches, and high blood pressure. HCG raises androgen levels in males by up to 400% but it also raises estrogen levels dramatically as well. This is why it can cause a real case of gynecomastia if dosages get too elevated for that person. Another side effect seen from HCG use is morning sickness (nausea and vomiting). There have been no cases of overdose complications with the use of HCG nor have there been any associated carcinomas, liver or renal impairment. HCG was at one point looked at to see if it could carry the AIDS virus, due to the fact that it is biologically active, but the latest word is that this could not be possible in any way.

So we see how HCG be used by athletes to avoid some of the problems associated with abruptly stopping a steroid cycle. This product is also not picked up on steroid tests, so some athletes use it to keep androgen levels high before a contest that has drug testing. HCG must be refergerated after it is mixed together, and it then has a life of about 10 weeks. It is taken intramuscularly only; this drug is often available by order of a physician if you show symptoms of hypogonadism. It is hard to find on the black market

Zues is offline Associate Member
    Can't HCG also aromatize into estrogen and cause possible gyno?

Quote Originally Posted by Zues
    Can't HCG also aromatize into estrogen and cause possible gyno?
    yes it says this in the post directly above yours. I posted one on fertility for women and the second on test stimulation for men. scroll up just a bit from your post and read it right there.

righton is offline Senior Member
    Read the above post. Very good!

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    good post how I wonder how come Maraxus hasn't had any problems with his ovaries? Makes me wonder.............

Thread Information