magistr8 is offline New Member

which aas do not cause hair loss?

im loking for something that i wont lose my hair with...i was thinking about eq and winny...will this work or whay will?

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    Winny is the worst. Basically if you have the pattern baldness gene you take a risk with any steroid . I don't have any hair los at 44 years old and over 1 year on.

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    both EQ and Winny will kill your hair, they they are very androgenic , many websites promote winny because it doesnt convert to estrogen but they never tell u that it is already at the DHT phase so using any hairloss medication wont even work to stop it.

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    Use some test with some finastride or dutastride to combat the dht conversion and prevent hairloss.

well right now im using tren ,test prop and dball in my cycle....how does that do with hair loss?

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    dbol is really bad on the hairline there really is no steroid that you can say that you wont lose hair on its a gamble you have to take i mean hey you might go bald but at least youll look good

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    I stopped taking winny because of hairloss. I am 19 so it just isn't worth looking like I'm 30 yet. I'm on sust now, and that isn't too bad on the hairloss. Obviously, hairloss is a concern for you so I would personally advise against winny.

so would just doing prop/fina be fairly safe to avoid hairloss...maybe ill just do that

spooledup is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KAEW44
    both EQ and Winny will kill your hair, they they are very androgenic, many websites promote winny because it doesnt convert to estrogen but they never tell u that it is already at the DHT phase so using any hairloss medication wont even work to stop it.

Winny is a weak androgen and EQ is a weak/moderate androgen. Test is a heavier androgen and tren is very androgenic .

Just because it is a heavy androgenic compound does not necessarily mean it converts to estrogen (aromatizes). Tren is a heavy androgen that doesn't aromatize.

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    if you are predisposed to baldness you will get bald, juice only hastens the process.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by magistr8
    so would just doing prop/fina be fairly safe to avoid hairloss...maybe ill just do that
    it's genetics.PLAIN AND SIMPLE either take the risk or not, it is up to you.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

how about var? im currently about to use winny for the last 6 weeks of my prop/winny cycle but i can substitute it for var if it isnt soo harsh on the hairlines. also, would it be beneficial to the same positive effects if i were to switch?

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spooledup
    Winny is a weak androgen .
    I dont think so man...Winny is a strong androgen because it is a DHT!! Test may be very androgenic but using finasteride will prevent some of the conversion to DHT therefore making it less harsh on your hair...but with winny there is nothing u can take because its already past the conversion so it will go straight to your hairline!! Do a search and you'll hear many stories about people losing their hair drastically when on winny.

If your genetics are good and you wont loose hair then winny is a good steroid to use..its builds lean muscle even on restriced diet and the gains are mostly kept.

Iowa is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KAEW44
    I dont think so man...Winny is a strong androgen because it is a DHT!! Test may be very androgenic but using finasteride will prevent some of the conversion to DHT therefore making it less harsh on your hair...but with winny there is nothing u can take because its already past the conversion so it will go straight to your hairline!! Do a search and you'll hear many stories about people losing their hair drastically when on winny.

If your genetics are good and you wont loose hair then winny is a good steroid to use..its builds lean muscle even on restriced diet and the gains are mostly kept.
    No no, winny isn't a strong androgen. Strong androgens usually cause things such as heavy water retention, rapid weight gain, increase acne, increased body hair growth, etc.....they basically show a lot of masculine effects. Winny doesnt fit the bill.
    As for being a strong androngen because it is a DHT, then that would mean that anavar is a strong androgen as well????? Sorry, but I disagree

Duke of Earl is offline Senior Member
    Var is very unlikely to cause you any hairloss at all - I think it's the mildest AS on the hair - I've never shed a hair on it & I'm MPB prone.

Quote Originally Posted by PlasticFuture112
    how about var? im currently about to use winny for the last 6 weeks of my prop/winny cycle but i can substitute it for var if it isnt soo harsh on the hairlines. also, would it be beneficial to the same positive effects if i were to switch?
    it's genetics.PLAIN AND SIMPLE
    abstrack@protonmail.com

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    i think hair loss is not the gear but the persons genes, i have no problem with hair loss. no bald people in either side of my family

it's genetics.PLAIN AND SIMPLE
    i think hair loss is not the gear but the persons genes
    This is true but it's not the whole story- there are still ''better'' & ''worse'' AS as regards hairline - regardless of your genes....

If you're MPB prone (genetically) then most types of AS will cause hairloss
    If you're not MPB prone then you may not get hairloss from any AS

However - just look at past posts - winny is more likely on average to cause more hairloss than say Var - it a numbers game & if you're MPB (or paranoid) you can be smart & choose AS that are less likely (but not guaranteed) to cause hairloss.

As a starting point for the average person (ie not everyone!!)

Deca , Var, Primo, Eq are milder on the hair
    Winny, Tren , Dbol , Test (without 5AR inhibitor) are harsher on the hair

Please don't shout at me saying ''but I took 200mg of winny ED for a year & didn't loose a hair'' or ''I took 10mg Var for a week & now I look like Kojak'' - I'm not saying this can't happen, but on average there is a difference in how peoples hair copes with different AS.

Genetics is only part of the story.............
    Last edited by duckman; 12-01-2004 at 07:23 AM.

GrantC5 is offline Associate Member
    Win for me = cue ball head, Var does not affect me at all and at a little higher dose 40,50mg I have heard it is comparable to Win. I stay around 30mg for a longer period of time and do not have any problems with hairloss and I am predisposed to it with my family having bald people on both sides.

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spooledup
    Winny is a weak androgen and EQ is a weak/moderate androgen. Test is a heavier androgen and tren is very androgenic .

Just because it is a heavy androgenic compound does not necessarily mean it converts to estrogen (aromatizes). Tren is a heavy androgen that doesn't aromatize.
    the fact that it aromatizes to estrogen means nothing.. it's the conversion to DHT which leads to hairloss. regardless most if not all will cause some hairloss which if prone ti like all have said will be noticeable... some are just more severe when it comes to losing hair.

joe_capone is offline Member

hmm

i did winny for 6 weeks at 50 mg and didnt shed any hair.. infact... when i bridged with test prop.. i was shedding hair.. so to me test is worst. but after i came off cycle my hair seems to be growing back and its thick... well thats just me

lol im on a prop/winny cycle and i start winny next week. i only ask if var would be a better alternative because i still have time to switch between the two and wanted to be sure. Also, if hairloss is gonna happen will will dht levels drop allowing for hair to regrow?

SteveCrammer is offline New Member
    If your genetically predispositioned to male pattern baldness then most steroids will cause hairloss, I think Var will be your best bet.

You can take things like proscar with say test but kiinda defeats the object.

Var as far as I know apart from Deca (but you dont want to be doing a deca only cycle) is the only AS that doesnt cause hairloss. If your predispositioned then the rest will cause hairloss.

Correct me if Im wrong?

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    doesnt propecia and nizerol help?

spooledup is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by magicstick2003
    the fact that it aromatizes to estrogen means nothing.. it's the conversion to DHT which leads to hairloss. regardless most if not all will cause some hairloss which if prone ti like all have said will be noticeable... some are just more severe when it comes to losing hair.
    Where did I say estrogen has anythig to do with balding?

My point was some people often confuse a heavy androgen with excess estrogen. I was just pointing out that wasn't always the case.

And I also disagree with the blanket "means nothing" statement. Excess estrogen leads to bloat and possibly gyno. That's one reason why I don't use compounds that aromatize heavily.

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    nowhere bro it just seemed that way since everyone is talking bout hairloss and then you were refering to estrogen i just wanted to clear it up and make sure. i'm refering strictly to the hairloss aspect when i say it means nothing. i know there are other aspects which can be looked at in which case estrogen is everything but for hair matter it means little

PADDLER is offline Associate Member
    how a bout a-bombs, they're pretty bad huh? i thought.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowa
    No no, winny isn't a strong androgen. Strong androgens usually cause things such as heavy water retention, rapid weight gain, increase acne, increased body hair growth, etc.....they basically show a lot of masculine effects. Winny doesnt fit the bill.
    As for being a strong androngen because it is a DHT, then that would mean that anavar is a strong androgen as well????? Sorry, but I disagree

Strong androgens are characterized only by one thing.. androgenicity. That has nothing to do with water retention, weight gain, or any other side effects.

Winny is a strong androgen.

Where did I say estrogen has anythig to do with balding?
    Actually according to some research Estrogen ( & IGF-1 ) may be involved in hairloss..

Anyhow I'd say........
    Var......or
    Test with Dutasteride (0.5-1mg ED)

are your best bets (I normally run both together)

geezus, How many times do we have to go in circles with this topic? It is strictly related to genetics, some aas is worse off than others but they will all speed up the effect of hair loss if you are genetically inclined to loose your hair.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

geezus, How many times do we have to go in circles with this topic? It is strictly related to genetics, some aas is worse off than others but they will all speed up the effect of hair loss if you are genetically inclined to loose your hair.
    Nicely put - agreed!

Thread Information