alex117k is offline Junior Member

help a sucker out....

A couple of questions about capping, if guys could help me out:
    I've read an article that describes how to make an oral cap. The example it gives is that if you have an oral compound, say 10gm of powder, mix it with 10gm of corn starch or protein powder, pound them then mix them well and cap them into 50 size O caps giving you a potency of 200mg each.

So, my question is, why do you add cornstarch as a filler rather than just using the active oral compound without a filler?

I assume you don't weigh the mix before putting it in a cap, so is there something special about the O cap - is it that 20gms of powder will fit into 50 size O caps perfectly making each cap about equal in dosage?

Thanks, A.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    You need to find out how much the caps hold, the work your calculations from there

JohnnyB

alex117k is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    You need to find out how much the caps hold, the work your calculations from there
    JohnnyB
    Yeah, you're right JohnnyB.
    I guess I'll have to get a jewelers digital scale for such a small amount - just figured that somebody on here would know the answer of how much an O cap would hold and the reason for the filler, since somebody on here's probably done something like this. Thanks, A.

Thread Information