peaker is offline Senior Member

femara for guys who are gyno prone

going to be running a 10-12 week sus cycle at 500mg/week.
    also running femara at 1.25mg EOD and nolva at 10mg ED both throughout till end of PCT, but dropping the femara before starting clomid since it will inhibit recovery during PCT.

just wondering who has run femara at that dosage and has been gyno prone and got through without symptoms. just curious because i dont want to under buy.

peaker

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Bro don't run femara and nolva together.

JohnnyB

Italiangod65 is offline New Member
    I like femara wayyyy better than nolva. And i havent been gyno prone but my last cycle i got some progesterone gyno(yeah i know the worst that there is!!!) anyways I like femara the best, then arimidex .

That dosage should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    Bro don't run femara and nolva together.

JohnnyB
    why is that johnnyB, i know that femara alone is powerful stuff i know it alone should be suffice?

peaker

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peaker
    why is that johnnyB, i know that femara alone is powerful stuff i know it alone should be suffice?

peaker

Nolva has been shown to reduce femara blood plasma levels by 36.7%

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Will femara stop/cure progesterone/prolactin gyno?

Quote Originally Posted by LORDBLiTZ
    Will femara stop/cure progesterone/prolactin gyno?

Progesterone is an E2 agonist so taking any kind of estrogen inhibitor will help

Quote Originally Posted by Pheedno
    Nolva has been shown to reduce femara blood plasma levels by 36.7%
    once again great info man, thanks!

you think 1.25mg EOD will be enough, i dont know whether to order as much nolva as i was going to originally? was going to get enough to run 15mg ED till end of PCT? whats a good but safe amount taking into account running the femara.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Progesterone is an E2 agonist so taking any kind of estrogen inhibitor will help
    So is bromo the best for Progesterone or will femara work the same?

once again great info man, thanks!

you think 1.25mg EOD will be enough, i dont know whether to order as much nolva as i was going to originally? was going to get enough to run 15mg ED till end of PCT? whats a good but safe amount taking into account running the femara.
    That dose should be enough, anymore and you might get some negative lipid effects

I would buy enough nolva to run 20mgED for the entire cycle including PCT

peaker
    Here's the study.

Impact of tamoxifen on the pharmacokinetics and endocrine effects of the aromatase inhibitor letrozole in postmenopausal women with breast cancer.

Dowsett M, Pfister C, Johnston SR, Miles DW, Houston SJ, Verbeek JA, Gundacker H, Sioufi A, Smith IE.

Department of Biochemistry, Royal Marsden Hospital, London, United Kingdom.

This study examined whether the addition of tamoxifen to the treatment regimen of patients with advanced breast cancer being treated with the aromatase inhibitor letrozole led to any pharmacokinetic or pharmacodynamic interaction. Twelve of 17 patients completed the core period of the trial in which 2.5 mg/day letrozole was administered alone for 6 weeks and in combination with 20 mg/day tamoxifen for the subsequent 6 weeks. Patients responding to treatment continued on the combination until progression of disease or any other reason for discontinuation. Plasma levels of letrozole were measured at the end of the 6-week periods of treatment with letrozole alone and the combination and once more between 4 and 8 months on combination therapy. No further measurements were done thereafter. Hormone levels were measured at 2-week intervals throughout the core period. Marked suppression of estradiol, estrone, and estrone sulfate occurred with letrozole treatment, and this was not significantly affected by the addition of tamoxifen. However, plasma levels of letrozole were reduced by a mean 37.6% during combination therapy (P<0.0001), and this reduction persisted after 4-8 months of combination therapy. Letrozole is the first drug to be described in which this pharmacokinetic interaction occurs with tamoxifen. The mechanism is likely to be a consequence of an induction of letrozole-metabolizing enzymes by tamoxifen but was not further addressed in this study. It is possible that the antitumor efficacy of letrozole may be affected. Thus, sequential therapy may be preferable with these two drugs. It is not known whether tamoxifen interacts with other members of this class of drugs or with other drugs in combination.

JohnnyB

I would use a combo of an estro inhibitor and a prolactin inhibitor if progesterone symptoms arose

A little bit of info for you(this is a copy and paste from a post I wrote on IBB if it looks familiar)

Deca and Trennandrolone , and can produce a progesterone-like substance; but it's not progesterone; much weaker.
    Progesterone is a prolactin agonist(hence the prolactin inhibitors), and both prolactin and progesteron receptors can be found in the mammary gland and can cause gyno which is where prolactin inhibitors come into play but gyno symptoms from these are very rare.
    Again, progesterone related gyno is very rare, but in the case a progesterone problem arose, Prog is a E2 agonist so using an anti-e will help. The amount of progesterone would need to be substantial though, and if Test is run at even a lesser dose than Fina or deca, if gyno comes into play, it's most likely still going to be estrogenic
    Most of the time, with Deca or tren administration, if you begin to have gyno symptoms, it's more than likely estrogen. Not from direct conversion, but from indirect fluctuations from Prolactin/Test/Estrogen. A test should be run regardless making this moot

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    Here's the study.

37.6% .

JohnnyB
    I was close

Yes you were

JohnnyB

Hey Bro nice article, I want to clear something up for my understanding. Deca and tren convert the same right?

Thanks
    JohnnyB

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Pheedno rules some of the best replies around. I like femara personally but have seen posts around concerning LDL and femara?

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    good thread guys, bump

seesamplay is offline Junior Member
    Hopefully this post will help the thread, but I must admit it looks like a hijack attempt.

My cycle is as follows:

Week 1-10 250 sustanon every third day (1,4,7,10, 13, etc.)
    Week 1-10 300mg deca every sixth day (1,7,13, etc.)
    Week 1-13 25mg Proviron twice daily
    Week 1-13 20mg Nolvadex twice daily

I started off with 10mg Nolva/day, but I had almost immediate gyno symptoms. At 20mg twice daily I feel like I am "breaking even" meaning I don't have pain/sensitivity unless I am late with my meds by a few hours.

I *could* switch my meds around, but I only have five weeks left. As long as I don't feel additional pain, my Proviron/Nolvadex is adequate, right? Or, do I still have a GYNO MONSTER lurking that requires something different than what I am taking?

Thanks in advance,

Sam
    Last edited by seesamplay; 12-03-2003 at 11:44 AM.

bump

bump

Quote Originally Posted by seesamplay
    Hopefully this post will help the thread, but I must admit it looks like a hijack attempt.

My cycle is as follows:

Week 1-10 250 sustanon every third day (1,4,7,10, 13, etc.)
    Week 1-10 300mg deca every sixth day (1,7,13, etc.)
    Week 1-13 25mg Proviron twice daily
    Week 1-13 20mg Nolvadex twice daily

I started off with 10mg Nolva/day, but I had almost immediate gyno symptoms. At 20mg twice daily I feel like I am "breaking even" meaning I don't have pain/sensitivity unless I am late with my meds by a few hours.

I *could* switch my meds around, but I only have five weeks left. As long as I don't feel additional pain, my Proviron/Nolvadex is adequate, right? Or, do I still have a GYNO MONSTER lurking that requires something different than what I am taking?

Thanks in advance,

Sam
    It wouldn't be a bad idea to run some L-dex @ .5mg for the rest of your cycle. Considering your symptoms have subsided with 40mg of Nolva a day. you'll probably be fine, but just to be carefull, I'd get some L-dex and run it all the way through PCT

It wouldn't be a bad idea to run some L-dex @ .5mg for the rest of your cycle. Considering your symptoms have subsided with 40mg of Nolva a day. you'll probably be fine, but just to be carefull, I'd get some L-dex and run it all the way through PCT
    pheedno, how prone to do you have to be from gyno to get symptoms from using 1.25mg of letro EOD on 500mg of sus? i dont want to start shooting if i dont have enough letro, but i have enough nolva to run at 15mg throughout till end of PCT so..

i've always thought only the full dosage of 2.5mg EOD should be used for heavy cycles?

You can't really catagorize proneness to gyno. When running femara, 1.25mg ED is my usual recomendation

2.5mgED for high doses, or those with extreme sensitivity to aggrivated estrogen effect

If your unsure, I'd recommend having enough femara to run 2.5mg ED for the entire cycle(including PCT) but start at 1.25

dont you mean 1.25mg EOD or 2.5 EOD?

dont you mean 1.25mg EOD or 2.5 EOD?
    No, I mean ED

No, I mean ED
    i thought it was 2.5mg EOD because the half life is like 48-50?
    at 2.5mg EOD being for a heavier cycle than just sus at 500mg/week?

i just hope 1.25mg EOD is enough, i know that it is very strong stuff

jstanz is offline New Member
    i have been doing research on letro for a week and i am more confused everyday. some say 2.5 ed some eod, other say .5 eod others say take novaldex with it throughout your cycle. some say dont take novaldex with it, only noval for pct. some say letro for cycle and pct others say not to take for pct, i dont know what to do with my 2 bottles, i have mild gyno and was on novaldex but i just got my letro so i wanted to start taking it in hopes of adding a test to my cycle and or shrinking my pre exisitng lumps. anyone please help me .........

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    **** bros now im confused..i am in my cycle now and when i started everyone was saying run nolva at a low dose with the femera in order to keep lipid profile in check... now people are saying no nolva... im not having any problems the way i am running it as of now so i think im going to stick to it but i want to know for future reference.
    Also in my research i found that i should taper off the femera dose leading to pct but now i see something about running it throughout pct. whats the deal? i still have 7 weeks or so left so i have some time to find out this pct thing.

bmwrob is offline Member
    This thread is a year old.

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    lol good point. i always forget to look at the date and then just hop into it.. my bad, i guess things have changed since femera was used back then... sorry bro

Moosepellet is offline Member
    Where do you get femera at? How much does it cost? Help me out bros!

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    The ar-r site in your upper right hand corner

Thread Information