Thread: marines

Jsinc19 is offline New Member

Question marines

I want to join the marines, but just got off my first cycle, I was just wondering if anybody knows if the military tests for that kind of stuff. Thank you

ROOKIE22 is offline Junior Member
    Bro nothing to worry about. I am currently in the military and I just got tested 5 weeks into a cycle. no problem what so ever. All you have to do is keep your mouth shut and not give them a reason to test you for AS.

PunkRawk is offline Member
    they do random tests once every 12 months for a different metabolite.....in the marines steroids is one of them....but easy to get out of....they test for norandrolene....or use to...they also test for abnormal or high test levels....either way their are ways around it.....androstenodiol comes up as a norandrolene metabolite on drug tests....it is not illegal to use andro in the military....however useless but not illegal....good luck

R.I.E.N.G. is offline Junior Member
    Rookie22, you said you got tested 5 weeks into cycle, and no prob..... does that mean they didnt care??
    -Id say it depends, some people told me it doesnt matter, although I really only know people who went in recon, and they said that it does matter, Id say just be careful.

CrazyRussian is offline Associate Member
    i heard that they test you before you get in SOMETIMES, but after that i was told they dont care, my friend got tested in the marines right into boot camp and he said that lots of people juice and that nobody ever gets caught.

ROOKIE22 is offline Junior Member
    The tests are to expensive to test everyone. if you do not give them a reason to they won't do it. its not they don't care they just basically test for designer drugs (cocain, heoin, extacy, etc.)

sniper105 is offline Junior Member
    Let's also remember that the military wants fine physical specimens. That is one reason that you have a PT test every 6 months and you can get discharged for not passing it or being overweight. Therefore most of the tests are for MJ, coke, meth, etc... but don't get careless and let on that you are using AS cause the military can piss you at any time and they don't have to pay for the expensive AS tests

9natural9 is offline Banned
    I have recently finished up my tour of duty with the good old CORPS. I served my last year as a monitor over USMC drug testing. My advice is this:

The USMC test for all foreign/enhancing drugs...yes it is expensive but the US military, year end-year out has been awarded huge spending limits, and the miltary thrives on keeping their CLEANEST most RESPECTABLE Marines in to represent out country. Do not even think about using AS while going through boot camp. There is absolutely no way you will have the privacy to do so, you NEVER have ANY privacy for 13 weeks. Boot camp will get you in unbelievable shape cardio wise, and the strain on your mental pcyshe will be excruciating, but worth it. Graduate boot camp, and come home on your 10 day leave. Enjoy it, stay away from ALL drugs because as soon as you head back to IST or MCT, depending on your MOS, you will be tested. While going through IST or MCT, you will be tested at least twice. Now it is true that they randomly select certain candidates, usually by the last 4 of the social, but there is some cases in which they will pull a suspected user and test him/her as well. Also, keep in mind your platoon is much smaller than it will be out in the fleet so your odds are too risky. By this time you would not even have time to think about AS. Next, complete your training and then you will be shipped off to your schooling, whether it be a grunt school, or accounting. Once your in school, the freedom of ones personel space starts to open up. You will be attached to a small class and be tested on average at least once depending on how long your schooling is. Study, and complete school, dont even consider risking popping on a urinalysis because the odds say you will. These instructors have seen and done it all, they know what is going on before you even do it, TRUST ME. By this time it would have been about a year or so. Within your 1st year you would have been tested approx 4-8 times. Once you are out in the fleet doing your job, this is the time all the research and saving up for AS comes into play. The key is to NOT divulge any info to anybody, I dont care if he/she is your best buddy, don't say a word about what you plan on doing. There are only 2 ways a person can get caught in the Corps, a leak and stupidity! My first 2 years I probaly witnessed 200 guys getting kicked out, mostly weed and coke, but I would say at least 25 or so dealing with AS. OK, your in the fleet now, by this time your in remarkable cardio condition, start hitting the gym. Let your face be known, not by screaming and acting a fool, but by being there religiously, and very buisness like, preferably alone. Groups of bulked up jarheads always spell out trouble in the weight room. Remember you have anybody from a PVT to a damn Major working out in the weight room, and trust me they watch their Marines and how they conduct themselves, even if you are not in their company or battalion.

You will be tested once a month, possibly twice in one month and skipping the next, but on average you will be tested 8-12 times a year.

You can get by with very good luck in the fleet using AS, but the risk is still there. Of course it is as not as high as it was earlier in your Marine career.

I got away with it by volunteering for a FLOAT. A FLOAT is a rotating deployment that covers and patrols certain areas and waters. Fortunately for me the FLOAT I was on coverd the mediterranian sea, which enabled me to make "certain" important purchases. Pharmacies are off limits when you are over there, but once again the risk is there but limited. While on deployment I was tested once in 8 months. I like those odds better than once a month. Being on ship is hard, but its all about sacrificing. There is some amazing stuff to see. Anyway, we did have a grunt pop on ship, not during the original one testing but a seperate testing only for him. This guy stepped on ship about 5'6" 180 and within 4 months this bastard was ripping through his cammies, I would say he weighed 245 12% body fat. He was massive, and obvious. It is likely you will put on mass, hence the reason to use it, but use your head. Before doing a cycle, go purchase some larger cammies, probaly 2 sizes up, and when you start growing slowly slide into wearing these cammies and it is not as noticeable to the superiors.

There is a way you can use AS in the miltary, but it is risky and you have to be smart about it. Like I said I made it through either by good luck, or using my head. I doubt it was luck because during the time in I lost my best friend in a car wreck, got divorced, my favorite dog died, my ex-wife stole my money out of the acct, had bills bouncing everywhere when I got off ship....so I would like to think that it was smarts. Ironically, I tested marines my last year, and I did cover for some buds that I knew were going to pop, but not everybody has a friend like me there for them. You need to watch your OWN back because you are your best ally. I hope this helps, peace out, good luck, and SEMPER FI

BTW, you had said you just got off a cycle...YOU TELL the recruiter, dont ask, but tell him/her that you want to be enrolled in the delayed enrty program. This will buy you some time to produce a clean urinalysis....

latman49 is offline Member
    Hey natural, is it the same for officers? I am considering going to Marine OTS if I decide to go to law school instead of grad school in psychopharmacology. The recruiter asked me specifically if I had used any AS, as of now I haven't, so do they test officer candidates for AS? I don't want to screw up an opportunity to get law school paid for by Uncle Sam.

I love your avatar, Hook'em Horns all the way!!!

To answer your question, ABSOLUTELY !!! They test officers, especially through the screening process which your talking about. Whether you are an officer or enlisted your first 2 years are so important, because people are watching your EVERY action (especially if you are an officer) to see how you carry yourself and your country. My advice is to take advatage of OCS (officer candidate school) it is an excellent way to pay for your school and make a decent living while serving as an officer. Officers get freakin spoiled in the military. Once your in, I have became close with a few officers (a major, and captain) who juice like there is NO tomorrow, but of coarse they do it smart and they established their reputation first.

BTW what branch?

I hope this helps, good luck...

bump

latman49 is offline Member
    Marines. Thanks for the advice, I'll keep it in mind.

Marines are the best, oorah brotha!!!

Thread Information