Thread: Painfull pumps

joey11 is offline Associate Member

Painfull pumps

I upped my calories last week cuz I stopped gaining weight to 5500 cals from 3500. I weighed 185 last week and now Im at 191. Well since i did that the pumps in the gym have been painful, to the point where there is no way I can finish a full workout, even at work while using the computer my forearms get pumped. On back day i do deads first, my back stayed pumped until i finished and went home. Im on week 5 of Test/Deca /Drol cycle, my ques is by upping the cals did that have anything to do with the pain?

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Could be over-stretching the faschia. I wouldn't worry about it too much. How is your blood pressure, etc? Anything strange going on?

no, i feel great except for the pumps, Ive had them for the past 5 weeks but now they just show up with little effort and they last for a while.

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    Are you taking anything in particular?

dr9999 is offline Junior Member
    on my test/deca cycle, my tris/bis hurt all the time. i'd get a massive pump just shaving. i think that my arm workouts stunk while on my cycle cause my arms were always sore. no, i did not overtrain, i went lighter with my arms always pumped.

IronRuffy is offline Associate Member
    Hmmmm. last week 185 and this week 191 and your getting awesome pumps.... Can't quite put my thumb on it....But it sounds like your starting to grow.... Eat more....lol
    If your pumps are getting that intense, skip your warm up and get your heavy sets done. NO pain no gain. Painful pumps???????

The reason why you are getting the pumps is becasue at week 5 your test is just starting to kick in.

BTW...the same thing happened to me the other day when I was training triceps...I could not do as much weight as I normally do on my second exercise because the pump was so intense. I am on a similar cycle: test anadrol and eq.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronRuffy
    Hmmmm. last week 185 and this week 191 and your getting awesome pumps.... Can't quite put my thumb on it....But it sounds like your starting to grow.... Eat more....lol
    If your pumps are getting that intense, skip your warm up and get your heavy sets done. NO pain no gain. Painful pumps???????
    Next comes the pins and needles fingers when sleeping on your arms or back... if its not already happening... thats how I know my arms are growing... when they level off the pins and needles go away as my body adapts to the new size.

BTW, getting really good buldging pumps comes from having a proper level of carbs in your body. Like Ironruffy said, its all good, you are getting what you want, this is the side effects of the growth.

I dont know about you but I dont find a painful pump all that bad... feels good to me actually... when I am getting all over pumped, thats when I want to stay at the gym 2 hours and keep on going... I think I get a runners high type affect though where I want to stick with it and work it some more.

Yeah Ive Been Eating A Cup Of Oatmeal Right Before I Go To The Gym, Im Sure Its The Extra Carbs. I Did Shoulders Last Night And By The First Excercise On The 3rd Working Set My Whole Shoulder Was Pumped So Bad I Had To Keep My Arms Elevated. Ive Cycled Before With The Same Compunds Except The Deca And Never Got This Intense Of A Pump. I Had To Go Home Before I Could Finish Tri's And Finish Them At Home.

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joey11
    I upped my calories last week cuz I stopped gaining weight to 5500 cals from 3500. I weighed 185 last week and now Im at 191. Well since i did that the pumps in the gym have been painful, to the point where there is no way I can finish a full workout, even at work while using the computer my forearms get pumped. On back day i do deads first, my back stayed pumped until i finished and went home. Im on week 5 of Test/Deca/Drol cycle, my ques is by upping the cals did that have anything to do with the pain?

i would say its all the carbs you're taking

Thread Information