Duke of Earl is offline Senior Member

18 weeks of Var & My Liver's OK!

I'm not condoning this or recommending it to anyone, but just got my blood work back (3 days after finishing the Var) and its all normal - thank fu<k!!
    I did.....

1-18 Var 50mg ED
    6-18 Test E 350mg EW
    18-23 Prop 100mg EOD ( still on )

Anyone else run Var this long?? (or any other oral?)

PS I did have reasons for this weirdly timed cycle...

dropteeth is offline Junior Member
    How were your gains?

Am up about 16-18lbs - could have been better, but had a 4 week period with poor diet / training / partying in the middle

Was running letro / nolva with the test E - so have been dry as a bone, so very little of that is water weight

Next time gonna do

1-10 Test E 350mg EW
    1-12 Eq 300mg EW
    11-15 Prop 100mg EOD
    1-15 Var 50-75mg ED
    Last edited by duckman; 12-03-2004 at 12:08 PM.

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    What did your liver values come back at?

dieseL atC is offline Member
    **** bro, you must have a fat wallet to afford that much friggin' Var..

kaorialfred is offline Member
    I am deeply inspired I haven't ran it at 50mg just 40mg right now. Its will be 30 days on the 9th, I am really not feeling it so I may up the dose to 50 or 100
    I havent' had my blood done for the start of dec but it coming up soon. I ran Halo a month and a half ago. Have some more to run at 50mg. I haven't had any liver prob either but the Halo does make me nervous. Haven't had any kidney prob yet either. I am going to see what happens at the begining of Jan, where I will have a full panel of bloodwork done by an endo. I think I will run it until the script runs out, which is Feb for refills. But the script is for 20mg instead of 40mg. I am glad your liver is fine ducky. I wouldn't recommend trying your luck twice.
    How was your energy and recovery on var? Any difference? Any great strengh gains?

1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member
    Out of curiosity how much lighter is your wallet? Did you have to morgage the house for that one bro? **** wish I could do that! Always thought toxicity was grossly over rated.

Woohoo 1000 posts

Duck, when did it kick in for you?
    Also how much do you weigh?

Stumbo is offline Senior Member
    any past cycle expierience?

I started on BD var for 6 weeks, then switched to caps (which I made from powder)- that's how I afford it!

Got vascularity real quick - in a few days - strength increase was hard to pinpoint, but I reckon after a couple of weeks - actually after around week 12 I found it hard to tell if it was still doing anything (prolly just got used to it)
    Was really good when I stopped taking it - felt a bit ''fresher'' & more energetic after a few days off - I found the var made me slightly lethargic & possibly slightly depressed

Have run a similar (shorter) low dose Test + Var cycle before (and a Var only cycle before that)
    Starting weight 183lbs - am now just over 200lbs, not sure about BF - prob around 13-15% - am happy with my weight now - just wanna cut up a little, but stay at the same weight (around 200lbs, 10%BF)

Cant remember my liver values exactly, but my doc said it was all fine & is sending me a copy - will post it when I get it.

Not gonna run it that long again - I reckon 12 weeks is a good length assuming the 'ol liver is still happy.
    I really didn't mean to run it 18 weeks - it's just I made so many caps, I was never gonna run out - It was only when I sat down & counted the weeks that I realised exactly how long I'd run it for & so I stopped immediately & got my blood work done!!
    Last edited by duckman; 12-03-2004 at 08:52 PM.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I ran var for 15 weeks at 50mg a day I love the stuff...I tend to get horrible zits when I come on or off an oral cycle...Now I no var is supposed to have light sides but the first few weeks I really break out, and Iam not a guy who gets alot of zits...I got some really great strength gains and along with the test/500/and eq/400 that I ran
    I put on 15-25 pounds..but when I came off the var I was still on cycle and my workouts became far less intense and I lost some strength...BTW I was running QV var and it was costing me 140 dollars every 20 days so It wasn't to bad..I know with that amount of money I could have made better gains off test or drol,etc...but the fact that it is liver safe(got my values checked post oral cycle)and is easy on my body...

Dimes is offline Senior Member
    Will you buy my next cycle Mr. Rich?

I'm not rich - I get my var powder dirrrrt cheap ( not price posting, but it would cost me around the same as 20 shering primos to run it 50mg ED all year!)

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    I did 40mg Var/day for 12 weeks last winter. I didn't get my lipids checked til a month after the cycle, at which point they were okay, but the stuff really cut into my cardio capacity bad. I was way wheezy on it and it took a good six mos to really get back to normal. It really increased my strength but it slowed me way down at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsomebody
    I did 40mg Var/day for 12 weeks last winter. I didn't get my lipids checked til a month after the cycle, at which point they were okay, but the stuff really cut into my cardio capacity bad. I was way wheezy on it and it took a good six mos to really get back to normal. It really increased my strength but it slowed me way down at the same time.
    these are really weird revelations that are coming about for a long cycle with var.

John which brand did you use? Wheezy on cardio, did it interfer with your breathing like clen would?

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    var was administered to children that were burn victims @.1mg per kilo of body weight. THeir treatment with anavar lasted 12 months straight.Liver values were UNAFFECTED, showing that long term anavar use safely increased their lean body mass and bone mineral density with no affect on the liver. Something to think about.

(Murphy K.D. Effects of long term oxandrolone administration in severely burned children. Surgery, 2004. 136 (2): p.219-34)

ScottyJ is offline Associate Member
    Hey Duck, you said you partied...Does that mean you drank while on var and your liver was still alright? I ran var for 8 weeks and barely ever drank, it was the most boring 8 weeks of my life but I never looked better. Does anyone know the effects of Var on the heart?

big swoll is offline Member
    glad to hear your livers ok....ive been on my var for about 10 weeks now

Theedge is offline Junior Member
    Week number 5 tommorrow 30mg BD var ed with 10g of creatine..started at 170lbs weighed 182 tonight. Still lean..visible abs..Strength is up..Bat speed is up..Good stuff for an athlete looking for keepable gains.

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    Thats pretty good man

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dieseL atC
    **** bro, you must have a fat wallet to afford that much friggin' Var..
    My thinking exactly - although back in the day did 80mgED for 10 weeks - but it was a sh*tload cheaper then

Are you doing just Var? Sounds weird that It's making you wheeze.....? I was a bit lethargic on it, which made cardio harder, but no wheezing....?

[QUOTE]Hey Duck, you said you partied...Does that mean you drank while on var and your liver was still alright?[QUOTE]

Yes - heavy drinking pretty much every day for 3-4 weeks - not a good idea, but got carried away!

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    No I did Prop as well, about 500-700mg/week. I had very little probs with T & Eq and none at all now on Test only. I found a study comparing Var & Deca and they actually pulled the participants off Var and put them all on Deca after 12 weeks of 20mg/day cuz the Var group had such a bad HDL/LDL.

Thread Information