4plates is offline Banned

winny-joint pain

it was recomended to me that besides deca while cycling winny,for joint pains to use glucosimine or msm.can someone give me an idea on the dose of this stuff?

ripped_82 is offline Member
    Glucosamine+Chondroitin+MSM is the best combo out there.
    1500mg daily,1200mg daily, 250mg daily. You can get this combo together at GNC.

GLUCOSAMINE=Glucosamine is an important building block needed by the body to manufacture specialized molecules called glycosaminoglycans, found in cartilage. Glucosamine is almost exclusively researched and used for the treatment of osteoarthritis (OA).

CHONDROITIN=Chondroitin sulfate consists of repeating chains of molecules called glycosaminoglycans (GAGs). Chondroitin sulfate is a major constituent of cartilage, providing structure, holding water and nutrients, and allowing other molecules to move through cartilage—an important property, as there is no blood supply to cartilage.

In degenerative joint disease, such as osteoarthritis, there is a loss of chondroitin sulfate as the cartilage erodes. Animal studies indicate that chondroitin sulfate may promote healing of bone, which is consistent with the fact that the majority of glycosaminoglycans found in bone consist of chondroitin sulfate.1 Chondroitin sulfate has been shown, in numerous double-blind trials,2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 to relieve symptoms and possibly slow the progression of, or reverse, osteoarthritis.10

Chondroitin and similar compounds are present in the lining of blood vessels and the urinary bladder. They help prevent abnormal movement of blood, urine, or components across the barrier of the vessel or bladder wall. Part of chondroitin’s role in blood vessels is to prevent excessive blood clotting. However, whether supplements of chondroitin are able to favorably affect blood clotting remains unclear. In addition, chondroitin sulfate may lower blood cholesterol levels.11 Older preliminary research showed that chondroitin sulfate may prevent atherosclerosis in animals and humans and may also prevent heart attacks in people who already have atherosclerosis.12 13 14

Chondroitin sulfate can help form a coating on nasal passages. Perhaps as a result, researchers found that when chondroitin sulfate was sprayed into the nasal passages of a small group of people who snore, the amount of time people spent snoring was reduced about one-third in a double-blind trial.15 No further studies have investigated the effects of oral chondroitin sulfate on snoring.

Chondroitin sulfate is rich in sulfur and is related to glucosamine. GAGs affect how the body processes oxalate—a substance linked to kidney stones. In one study of 40 people with a history of kidney stones, 30 mg twice a day of mixed GAGs reduced urinary oxalate excretion in 15 days—a change that could drop the risk of stone formation.16 However, studies on the effect of GAGs on stone formation in humans have produced inconsistent results.17

MSM=Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) is a naturally occurring, organic sulfur-containing compound related to another sulfur-containing substance, DMSO (Dimethyl Sulfoxide). MSM is found in small amounts throughout nature and has been detected in small amounts in the blood and urine of humans.1 Animal studies have shown that sulfur from oral supplements of MSM is incorporated into body proteins.2

Animal studies have reported that joints affected by osteoarthritis have lower sulfur content,3 and mice with arthritis given MSM, experience less joint deterioration.4 According to a preliminary report, a double-blind trial in people with osteoarthritis found that MSM, in the amount of 2,250 mg per day, reduced pain after six weeks.5

hOPE THIS HELPS, IT DID AND DOES FOR ME

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the info ripped...I was wondering the same thing 4plates.

any time

no prob, the shit really works miracles

thanks for the well defined answer ripped:glasses

Originally posted by Diesel
    It should also be said that studies show that there is a four week 'loading phase' on these supps before you will begin to see any benefits. Therefore, you need to give them an honest run to see if they work for you.
    holy shit really? i was only planning on taking it if i had any problems.my cycle is only 6 wks long so i guess im SOL.

I dont agree with that since everyone reacts differently. It took me under 3 weeks before i began to feel results. One must also remember that if you continue to do intense training while beginning this combination it will take longer to kick in since you are constantly putting strain on your joints.

MindBomb is offline Member
    Diesel is absolutly correct on this one. If you are going to do winny, start loading up on glucosimine early. But it does help tremendously.

Bro i completely agree with you, but i was only stating from personal experience that i did not agree with the entire loading phase since i used winny with it and i began to notice relief in unger 3 weeks

No worries bro, plus your one BIG dude so i dont wanna piss you off anyways. Good luck with your cycle too, cant wait to see some pics

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    also, creatine works to alleviate the winny joint pain, but be ready for a rude awakening after you stop the deca and or creatine

Originally posted by Diesel

Why? I know you said you have the winny and it is 'calling you'. But I thought you decided to wait.
    i am going to wait,i was just saying my COMPLETE cycle is going to be 6 wk long

Deadend is offline Associate Member
    This is a good post guys, I've never heard of any of this stuff before. Can someone tell me the legal status of these supps? Are they pricy? Thanks in advance.

Primetime is offline Associate Member
    There are no legality probs with the supps. As far as pricey, it depends what you call pricey. You could pay anywhere from 25 to 45 bucks for a months supply.

Just like the other bros said everyone reacts different. To give yourself the best shot, stay away from any thing with preservatives or artificiall anything. Good Luck

Thread Information